110

"Spoken like a man who's made peace with his demons." I heard a familiar voice say from my uncles room as i passed by.
My father passed by me in the hallway with a pair of heels in his hands. I turned and followed my father back down the hall.
"My demons are dead or chased off." I heard my uncle say as I followed my father i to his room.
"Yes, apart from the one lingering monster with whom you share a bed. I trust you can find your clothing." My father said.
"And the door" i said as i leaned in the door frame.
My father glanced back at me before looking at my uncle and the resurrected witch.
She got up and walked past my uncle very sexy like and took the shoes from my father before pushing past me. My father watched her every move until she was completely out of site.
"You do recall that... women tortured our sister?" My father said still watching the door.
"She also revealed the truth about our sisters treachery." My uncle said.
"Only because she killed her" i said rolling my eyes.
"Well as a consequence Rebecca is gone forever" my father said.
"A desire which she apparently harbored for quite some time!" My uncle yelled.
"No need to get so worked up Uncle Klaus it's been a month." I said as i walked into the room farther.
"Now Maddie and I feel Rebecca's loss as deeply as you, but you must stop distracting yourself with this ridiculous behavior and channel it into some kind of action." My father said as he turned and looked at my uncle.
"Why must i exactly?" My uncle asked.
"Because over the course of Marcel's tenure, the city grew accustomed to having a king. You wanted this throne. Now you must accept the responsibility that accompanies that." My father said as my uncle began painting again.
"Apologies, but I'm rather ensconced in other pursuits." My uncle said pointing to his painting.
"If you can so easily neglect your home, i wonder what will become of your daughter." My father said as I walked over and took the brush away from my uncle.
My uncle looked at my father as i joined my fathers side.
"Have you forgotten what it was like to live beneath the threat of violence? We must work together, Niklaus. Let's make this city whole again." My father said.
My uncle stepped forward so he was in my fathers face and i stepped forward in a protecting way.
"Perhaps it is too broken to mend." My uncle said as he grabbed his brush from my hand and pushed between us and continued to paint.
"If you won't do anything, i will" my father said as he walked out.
"Maddison!" He called.
I looked at my uncle and ran out after my dad.

My father called a meeting with a select few people from each fraction and I tagged along just like the good old days. I always liked the business side as long as I got to be with my father.

"St. Anne's has long been neutral ground in our city, so it's only fitting that we gather at the behest of Elijah and Maddie Mikealson to bring harmony to this place we call home. Thank you all for coming." Kieran said as he stood at the head of the table before taking his set.
I stood proudly next to my father.
"Yes, thank you, and welcome" my father said.
The witches and the vampires looked up at us and my dad looked at me and i stepped up.
"In my hand I hold the rules to the city according to Marcel... of course they no longer apply because my father is in charge." I said as i ripped the paper in half and turned and looked at my dad.
He smiled.
"You said if we can along we would get to run things by ourselves. Never mentioned anything about making yourself king." The one vampire said.
"While you were each selected to represent your own communities, and I'll honor that. However, issues which arise between fractions, they will come to me. Now we are all to some extent responsible for the current chaos in the city. However, you have one very, very simple choice ahead of you here. You can all play nicely together, or you can leave." My father said.

The fighting began soon after that. And i was feeling angry because of all the yelling.
"This is our city, too. We should be able to go wherever the hell we want." The vampire yelled.
I'm horrible with names and i cant for the life of me remember his name or the red headed witch who should be here in the first place.
"We would consider it an act of war." The witch said.
"We're getting nowhere. You vile creatures cannot agree..." Kieran said.
"He's right you all are hopeless!" I yelled as the building began to shake.
"Father Kieran and Maddie, calm yourselves, please." My father said.
Father Kieran looked up at my father before sitting back in his chair. My father sat across from him and i stood beside my father. The building stopped shaking as i calmed down.
"Now returning to the issue of boundaries, you will all heed to the following." My father said.
"You are serious?" I heard Hayley said.
I looked up and seen her and ran around the table. Everyone turned and looked.
"Hayley!" I said as i hugged her.
She quickly hugged me back before i walked back over to my spot next to my father.
"You're dividing up the city, and the werewolves don't even get a say?" She asked as she walked over to the table.
Her bump had grown a lot in the last month she was definitely showing now and she was beautiful. I had missed her and i could tell my dad had to even though he's been trying not to attach himself to her or anyone for that matter.
"What the hell is she doing here?" The vampire said standing up.
"Diego, sit" my father said.
Diego that's his name i really need to remember that.
I looked over at him and he didn't sit right away.
"If you don't sit I'll make you sit" i said.
He said down glaring at me.
"We are not dividing the city. We're establishing boundaries..." my father started as he stood up.
"No, Elijah! There is not going to be a peace if the werewolves are excluded. They want a seat at the table..." she said putting her hands on her hips.
Diego laughed.
"Shut up, Diego" i yelled.
"Calm Maddie" my father said glancing at me before looking back at Hayley.
"And if they don't get one, i can guarantee that you will all regret it." She said.
"Absolutely not!" The witch said.
"Oh my god" Diego said.
"We will start a war" the witch said.
I felt my face getting warm and i was feeling like i was going to burst as they all began talking over each other and yelling.
Hayley crossed her arms and looked at my father.
"Meeting over" my father said.
And they all angrily left, leaving Hayley, my father and I alone.
"Do you have any idea what it took just to get those people in one room together?" My father asked Hayley.
"No, actually, I dont because I didnt even know what you were doing out here until someone else told me. Tell me something, Elijah. Did you leave the werewolves out because of me?" She asked.
"I excluded them because they no longer reside in the French quarter. My immediate concern is to end the mounting conflict here. Now i can assure your once this treaty is solidified it will expand to include your people." My father said.
"And until then, I should tell them what? Sit, stay, roll over?" She said.
"I would prefer that you remove yourself from the process altogether." My father yelled.
They were both silent for a few before my father continued.
"Hayley, are you absolutely certain that you shouldn't return to the compound?" He asked as he walked over to her.
She laughed and looked at him.
"You think the baby belongs there? You think that's where she'll be safe?" Hayley asked as i joined them.
"Is the bayou any better?" My father asked.
"The wolves deserve a voice. Give them one. You know it's the right thing to do." Hayley said as she turned and walked out of the church.
"Hayley!" I yelled as i tried to run after her but my dad stopped me.
"No we need to go after her" i said as i looked at him.
"No she has to come back on her own accord" he said as he turned and looked at the now empty table.

"Well i have a date with a witch" i said as i headed for the door.
"Date?" My father said.
"Not that kind of date" i said as i left and headed for the restaurant.
I seen Davina and Josh sitting inside. I didnt really have a date with Davina or any witch for that matter i was hoping that if i was nice i could make a friend or in this case two. I walked in and headed for their table.
"Davina, what are you doing out here? I would have met you anywhere you wanted. I mean not anywhere Klaus or Marcel would be, which could be pretty much, you know, anywhere"Josh said.
"Don't bet on it. My uncles been hiding in his room the last two days painting." I said as they both looked at me.
"Don't worry i come in peace and on my own accord. I want to start over with both of you actually. It gets lonely with out any friends." I said.
They both nodded and Davina moved over so i could sit with her.
Davina didn't say much which was concerning to me.
"Are you okay?" Josh asked her.
"It's Monique. She has no idea what i went through when i was dead. The ancestors hated me for what i did with my magic. I cant just start practicing again. I knew i shouldnt have trusted Marcel when he told me to go back. I don't know how much more of it i can take." Davina said.
"Then don't Davina. You a good witch and you don't need to practice with them." I said.
"Or you could come and practice with us" Davina said.
"I'm powerful yes but I'm not entirely sure they will be okay with that" i said.
Davina nodded as my phone rang.
"Hello?" I said.
"Time to come home Maddie." My father said.
"Yes sir" i said as i hung up.
"I'll think about your offer Davina, i need to learn more magic and connect with witches. Don't let Monique bully you too much" i said with a smile as i got up and left heading home.