66

"What are you doing?" I asked as i walked into the living room where my uncle was looking in the mirror at his back.
"I want it out Maddie" he yelled as he fell into the wall and screamed.
"Like i said yesterday there's nothing there" i said.
"I want a second opinion I've hurt you to many times this is perfect revenge for you" he said as he screamed again.
"Klaus we need to talk" Caroline said as she walked in.
"Hello to you too" i said as i sat in the couch.
My uncle looked at her as he held his shoulder.
"What happened to you?" Caroline asked.
"Silas happened" i said.
"He attacked me" Klaus said through the pain.
Caroline walked over to him.
"He stabbed me with the white oak stake" Klaus said as he took a deep breath.
"He says a piece of it's still in there but i cant find it" i said.
"Oh my god Klaus that could kill you" she said.
He laughed.
"I certainly feel like I'm dying." Klaus said.
Caroline moved a piece of his hair and put her hands on either side of his face.
"Hey. As much as i would love to watch you die, you still haven't found me that cure" she said.
"Silas!" Klaus yelled as he fell to the ground.
I jumped up and went after Silas who was posing to be Caroline.
I grabbed him by the neck.
"First you kill Jeremy, now your torching my uncle, and now you've taken the face of one of my friends. Where does it end!" I yelled as i pushed him up against the wall.
"Stronger than you were yesterday I'll give you that but you not strong enough to bet me" he said as he pushed me off and stuck the stake inside of me missing my heart.
I screamed.
"Find me the cure or you both will die" he said to both my uncle and I
"As for you i wont make you suffer like your uncle" he said as he pulled the stake out of my back.
"Don't touch her! Leave her out if this!" Klaus yelled as Silas pushed me to the floor.
"Yesterday i looked like Shane. Today i look like Caroline. Tomorrow i could look like who ever i want" Silas said.
"She me your real face!" Klaus yelled.
"Now why would i do that, when i can look like whomever i want you to see." Silas said as he walked towards Klaus.
"Resist me all you want Klaus, but until you bring me the cure, i will bring you nothing but misery." Silas said as he disappeared.
"Call Caroline. Now!" Klaus yelled.
"Alright" i said as i jumped up and grabbed my phone.
I called her like 50 times until she showed up.
"I got your 50 bajillion messages. This better be life or death" i heard Caroline say from the door.
"Caroline in here!" I yelled.
She walked in.
"Whoa what happen to you" Caroline asked.
Klaus was sitting on the floor.
"I need more time. Stop hounding me" Klaus yelled.
"Uncle Klaus" i said.
"I'm hounding you? I'm supposed to be running 3 different prom committees right now  and Maddie keeps blowing up my phone." Caroline said.
"Caroline. Is it really you?" Klaus asked as he crawled up on the chair.
"Prove it to me" he said.
"Ok. I dont know if this is a new kind of flirting, but it sucks. I have more important things to do." She said as she turned away.
"Wait. Please" he said as she turned around.
"Silas he stabbed me. With the white oak stake. There's a piece of it stuck inside me" Klaus said.
"Why would Silas attack you?" Caroline asked.
"Well, i was in no position to ask questions. Suffice it to say, I'm hurt. So you can understand why i had my niece call you." Klaus said.
Caroline laughed a little.
"You ran Tyler out of town, you killed his mother, and you think I'm the person to call for help?" Caroline asked.
"If i die, you, Tyler, all of your friends die with me." Klaus said.
She looked over at me then back at Klaus. "What do you want me to do?" She asked.
"Well it's quite simple really. I need you to cut the stake out of me" Klaus said.
"And Maddie couldn't do this?" She asked.
"I tried i didnt see anything" i said as i handed her the tool i had used.
She started digging around.
"Oh my god. You do have a heart" Caroline said as she moved the tool.
He yelled.
"Oh. My bad. Just a blood rib" she said.
I laughed a little as i played on my phone. I wanted to call my dad so badly but it was in the middle of the day so he was probably busy.
"Well I'm glad you're finding my misery so amusing, both of you" Klaus said.
"You put me in a box for years and took my from my father whom i still can't even be with" i said looking at him.
"Maddie's right there's nothing in here" Caroline said.
"Also if you think I'm having fun, your insane." Caroline continued.
"You killed 12 witches and put down a original witch for your friend Bonnie. You can't even get your hands a little dirty for me. Here i though we were becoming friends" Klaus said.
"Well you thought wrong" she said as she moved again and he screamed.
"I'm sorry. I'm sorry." She said as he pounded his hand on the table he was leaning on.
She stood there for a minute quietly.
"You know what?" She said as she pulled the tool out of his back.
He screamed.
"I'm not sorry. You deserve to suffer for everything that you've done. So today we are going to do things my way" she said as Klaus looked over his shoulder at her.
"You want my help? Then let Tyler come back to town and give me your word that he won't be harmed" she said as he turned around.
He didn't say anything so she walked over and joined me on the couch.
"I can feel the splitters moving towards my heart. Help me!" he said.
"Your word first" she said.
"What makes you think i wont simply break my word?" Klaus asked.
"You want to be friends?" Caroline asked as she moved on the couch and faced him.
"Friendship stage one: show me i can trust you." Caroline said.
"I saved your life... twice!" He yelled.
"Because you put it in danger twice.... why can't you just do something decent for once?" she asked.
"Because Tyler Lockwood tried to kill me!" Klaus said.
"We've all tried to kill you. And you've tried to kill most of us." Caroline said as she got up and walked towards him.
"How do you think that you deserve my friendship when you've done nothing to earn it?" She asked.
"I will not have my hand forced by you or anyone else!" Klaus yelled as he stood up.
"What is wrong with you? I am teaching out to you despite everything that you have done, and you still can't get out of your own way. God! I feel sorry for you." She said as she turned away from him.
He vamp speed around her and ended up in front of her.
"Don't turn your back on me!" He yelled.
"I should have turned my back on you ages ago!" Caroline yelled.
They looked at each other for a second.
"It's gone." Klaus said.
"What?" Caroline said.
I got up and joined them in the middle of the room.
"The pain. The pain is gone." Klaus said.
"Because it was never there" i said.
He nodded.
"He got in my head... Silas... got inside my head" Klaus said slowly.
He gently grabbed Caroline's arm and she looked at him.
"You took my mind off it. You brought me back Caroline." Klaus said.
She turned around and put her hands through her hair and turned back and looked at us.
"If Silas can make you, of all people, believe that your dying... what can he do to the rest of us" Caroline said as she looked at my uncle.
Nobody said anything and she went to clean up and Klaus called Rebecca i didnt pay attention to anything he said until what he said caught my attention.
"Big brother. At last you join the fray" Klaus said.
"Somebody had to take charge. And now that i have, I've got the cure and I'm bringing it back to mystic falls" my father said through the phone.
"With a long list of demands i assume" Klaus said as he looked at me.
"Not that long" he said.
"Come home brother. We'll settle this like a family, plus your daughter is itching to see you again. Maybe you can control her better than I " Klaus said as he hung up the phone.
"I used all your bleach"Caroline said as she walked into the living room.
"Thank you for helping me" Klaus said as he gently grabbed her arm.
"Yeah... well if you need anything else... don't call me either of you i have a prom to plan for" Caroline said.
"Friends then?" Klaus asked as she headed for the door.
"Are you going to let Tyler come back into town?" She asked.
He just looked at her and she turned away.
"You might have noticed... I'm not exactly scouring the earth for him, am i?" Klaus asked.
She smiled and walked to the door.
"Maddie tomorrow your more than welcome to come to school and help me plan for prom. If you want to" Caroline said
"We will see. My dads coming home possibly for good this time" i said.
She nodded and looked at Klaus again before walking out the door. He smiled and it was the smile of love he loved Caroline.