54

"Why did you drag me out here? All you did was kill a bunch of vampires and for what? There's something you aren't telling me Kol" i said as we waited in the now empty bar.
"I'm protecting you, Maddie. We need to cut all ties to finding Silas" Kol said as we herd footsteps.
"Looks like we're gonna have to find some new vampires. What a waste" Damon said.
"What the hell happened" Jeremy said.
That's when Kol took his cue to walk in me right behind him.
"I confess. I did it." Kol said with his hands up.
Jeremy spun around with the cross bow aimed at Kols heart. I stepped out from behind Kol.
This is where Jeremy's been with Damon training to kill vampires.
"Kol? Maddie?" Jeremy questioned.
"Jeremy good to see you again mate." Kol said with a smile as he put his hands down.
"Sorry about the mess. It was a little crowded when Maddie and I arrived and i prefer more intimate gatherings. We need to have a little chat" Kol continued as he took a drink from the bottle he was holding.
"Care for a drink?" Kol asked.
"He's underage and i dont like you. So let's just cut to it" Damon said.
"My brother bragged about his plan to complete Jeremy's hunters mark. It was easy enough to track this lot down. They were all hiding in the shadows. Now killing young vampires is easy, isn't it Maddie?" Kol asked.
"Yes it is" i said slowly.
I had been angry for days and killing vampires or killing anything was getting my anger out, perhaps this is why my father never let me hang out with Kol after we all turned because he was a bad influence on me.
"Or killing old ones for that matter." Kol continued as he looked at Damon.
"Why? What's it to you either way?" Damon asked.
"Because you fools in your zeal to find the cure, you risk waking someone very dangerous" Kol said.
"Oh. You must be talking about Silas" Damon said glancing back at Jeremy
"What do you know of him?" Kol asked.
"Nothing. Don't want to. Not our problem." Damon said.
"Isn't it? A few hundred years back, i came across a group that worshiped Silas. His followers told me he would rise again, and when he did he would trigger the end of all time. You know being an immortal, you can see why I'm opposed to times ending. So i murdered all of them. And now here you are willing to risk rising him in your search for the cure. I can't exactly sit back and let that happen, can i?" Kol asked.
"We're not going to back off the cure because you were told one too many scary bed time stories, you idiot." Damon said.
"Jeremy, we were mates in Colorado. You're a smart lad. Why don't you call off this imbecilic treasure hunt?" Kol said
"I'm not calling anything off, mate" Jeremy said
"Well i could kill you. But then i would have to deal with the hunters cures, and i dont particularly feel like being haunted for the next century. So better idea, I'll just rip off your arms." Kol said.
"No! Let him be Uncle Kol" i said.
"Oh no way! My niece has a thing for you" Kol laughed.
"Maddie darling what have you been told about falling for a human?" Kol asked.
"Just don't touch him please" i said.
"What have you been told?" He asked.
"That it's stupid and reckless and it makes you weak" i said.
"Exactly" Kol said as he looked back at Jeremy and Damon.
Damon ran at Kol and pinned him up against the wall.
"Jeremy run!" Damon said as he fought Kol.
It wasn't an even fight since Kol is an original vampire but to watch the fight was pretty worth it as Kol broke Damon's neck and dropped him on the ground.
Suddenly his phone rang and he answered it.
"Little brother. Just two days home, and I'm told you've already gone and made a mess" Klaus said through the phone.
"Come on Nik, i was only having some fun" Kol said.
"Those vampires were for my hunter. And i am told that you and our niece killed them." Klaus said.
"I'll make some more. There's no shortage of people" Kol said.
"Where's Damon Salvatore?" Klaus asked.
"I gave him a good and proper beating just for old time sake." Kol said as he looked down at Damon's body.
"Yes, well, you've had your fun. Now let him go and bring Maddie home before Elijah finds out that you took her on a murder spree. And avoid anymore trouble or you will find yourself back in your box." Klaus said.
"Hey. No need to be nasty about it." Kol said.
"On the contrary. I find nastiness to be essential whenever my siblings try to sabotage me. Listen closely Kol. Stay away from the Gilbert boy. You understand?" Klaus asked.
"Fine i wont touch him you have my word." Kol said as he hung up just as Damon woke up.
"Very good darling. Now you're not going to remember what i say but you are going to find Jeremy Gilbert, and when you do, you're going to kill him." Kol compelled Damon.
"No! Kol! Klaus said not to touch him" i said.
"I'm not going to touch him. Damon is niece" Kol said as he turned around.
"Damon you don't have to do that" i said.
"Of course he does he's compelled" Kol said with a smile.
He walked out dragging me behind him.
"Come on niece we are going home" Kol said as we walked through the bar and to his car.