67

"Elijah, being human means a fresh start. I can grow old and have a family and fill my days with meaning, knowing each one matters" i heard Rebecca say from downstairs.
"Well that was poetic." Klaus said.
I jumped out of bed and ran downstairs and into the living room.
"Dad!" I yelled as i ran in and literary jumped into his arms.
He hugged me tight and kissed the side of my head.
"I missed you so much" i said.
"I missed you too darling" he said.
He put me down and i stood next to him.
"Morning Aunt Becca" i said with a smile.
"Morning" she said as she glanced at me then looked at my father again.
"Morning Uncle Klaus" i said
"Good morning love" he said.
"Well if you can provide us with a more compelling reason for wanting the cure Klaus, please" my father said looking at Klaus continuing the conversation i jumped into.
"Silas can appear as anyone. He got inside my thoughts, convinced me i was dying. Threatened and stabbed your daughter. He will continue to tournament us until he gets the cure." Klaus said.
My father looked at me and put his arm around my shoulder.
"And in doing so, he will break down the wall to the other side." Rebecca said.
"So it doesn't trap him there when he dies. He wants to reunite with his lost soul mate." Klaus said as he looked at my father then at Rebecca.
"You, of all lovesick fools, should applaud his devotion." Klaus said as he clapped sarcastically.
"He will open the floodgates for every supernatural being that has ever died." Rebecca said.
"Including our dear brothers Kol and Finn. We'll have our family back" Klaus said.
"Please you hated Kol and you kept Finn in a box for most of his life" Rebecca said.
"Elijah please" Klaus said.
"Your personal discomfort might not be sufficient reason for putting the entire world in jeopardy, Klaus" my father said.
"And what about your daughters life? Surely you would protect her" Klaus said.
"Oh I'm going to protect her by keeping her with me and i think our sister deserves a chance at happiness." he said.
"Tell me your joking. Tell me your not fating me to an eternity of torture" Klaus said.
"I've made my decision" my father said as he looked at Klaus.
Klaus walked over to Rebecca and stood behind her.
"When your sick and dying and you beg for my blood, i will laugh in your face and compel you to forget about me." Klaus said as he walked away.
"Where's the cure" Rebecca asked.
"Rebecca it's no secret that you are impulsive, emotional, and at times morally questionable. Prove to me this isn't just another one of your whims, that you know precisely what your giving up here." My father said.
"Fine. Anything." Rebecca said.
"I want you to live a day as a human. This day. No vampire privileges... no strength, no compulsion, no nothing. If you succeed and still believe that this is what you want... the cure is yours" my father said.
She nodded.
"Maddie would you like to go shopping with me for prom?" Rebecca said.
"Um sure. Um can i dad?" I asked.
"Absolutely" he said.
I ran up to my room and got dressed and then left for town with Rebecca. We met up with Elena as well and Rebecca told her all about the deal she made with my father.
"Your going to fail. You should be locking yourself up not shopping for prom" Elena said.
"Name me a more human experience than senior prom" Rebecca said.
"Death" Elena said with a smile.
"Your a bitch" i said.
"Thank you little Elijah" she said.
"Why should i listen to you? You don't even have your humanity." Rebecca said.
"What are we hanging with her again?" I asked.
"Because I'm the best you guys got" Elena said.
"Oh. Correction Caroline invited me to help her with prom stuff i just didn't go" i said.
"You've got her fooled then again she has dirty thoughts about your uncle and actually thinks he's worth something" Elena said.
"I take back what i said earlier, your a royal Bitch I'd rather hang out with Katherine" i said
"Oh you mean the girl your father was shaking up with in PA?" Elena asked as she looked as Rebecca and shook her head.
"What?" I asked.
"Oops to far? Anyways Rebecca you do realize that you can't compel yourself a date, right?" Elena said.
"Yes and last time i checked you were living in my house because I'm the only one that can tolerate you, so you don't have to be so rude" Rebecca said
"Then I'm going to come with you. I'll keep an eye on you and make sure you pass Elijahs test" Elena said.
"Um i can do that" i said.
"You aren't going to prom. Your to young and you have no date anyway so it would be sad a pathetic" Elena said.
I rolled my eyes.
"As soon as you down the cure, it'll be gone for good. And nobody will be able to use it on me" Elena said as she lead us into the dress shop where Bonnie and Caroline were.
"Hey Bonnie heard you got your mind wiped. That sucks. Pretty dress Caroline" Elena said as we walked over to the two girls.
"I know, you helped me pick it out months ago, when we were friends, before you tried to kill me" Caroline said.
"I thought it looked familiar." Elena said.
"Can you press this for me? I'll pick it up later" Caroline said to the worker as she turned away from Elena.
Bonnie and Elena looked at each other but said nothing.
"Yeah absolutely" the girl said.
Caroline nodded.
"Bonnie" Caroline said as she walked away and Bonnie followed.
"I'm going to head home. I want to hang out with my dad" i said as i walked out of the dress shop.
I went home and sat in the living room where my uncle was.
"Where's my dad?" I asked.
"I dont really care right now" he said.
"Are you pouting because your big brother denied you of the cure?" I asked.
"Your going to anger me even more if you don't shut up. Besides Silas threatened you as well" he said.
"Klaus?" We heard Caroline say as she walked into the house.
He didn't respond.
"Klaus!" She yelled again.
Still he just looked into the fire.
"Kla.. hello? Did you not hear me?" She asked as she walked into the living room.
"Of course i heard you, Caroline. I think the whole mystic falls heard you. I'm in not mood for company." Klaus said.
"Well I'm sorry that your having personal issues, but i have a real crisis on my hands. Elena stole my prom dress!" Caroline said.
My uncle turned around and looked at her.
"I went to pick it up, and the tailor said that somebody else already did. When i asked who she said she couldn't remember" Caroline said.
Klaus just looked at her.
"Hello? The vervain is out of the town water supply. She was compelled." Caroline said.
My uncle started laughing.
"It's not funny." Caroline said
"I know i know" Klaus said as he laughed.
"Then stop laughing" Caroline said.
He stopped.
"Look, i know prom isn't important to you, but it's important to me." Caroline said.
"We'll surely finding another dress is well within your substantial vampire capabilities." Klaus said.
"I dont want just another dress. I want to look hot, like princess Grace of Monaco hot. So... could you please go back into your creepy trophy case of family collectibles and dig me out something of royal caliber?" Caroline asked.
He nodded and smiled and brought her to go look through dresses.
"Maddie go get dressed your coming with me" Caroline said with a smile as she followed my uncle.
I ran up to my room i had the perfect dress hidden away.