68

We walked in where everyone was dancing. Elena walked over to us.
"How do i look?" Elena asked.
"Are you kidding me? You look like a backstabbing bi..." Caroline started as Stefan walked up.
"The dress is beautiful, and it brings out your eyes." Caroline said.
"Thanks I thought i was doing it a favor" Elena said.
Caroline was about to say something.
"Caroline, why don't you come dance with me?" Stefan said.
Caroline took Stefan's hand and left me with Elena.
"Why are you here?" Elena asked.
"Caroline brought me" i said.
"You see that's the thing, Caroline claims she doesn't care about you Mikealsons but she invites you to things and she very much likes Klaus has him wrapped around her little finger" Elena said.
"Well that sucks doesn't it? You are hanging around my aunt a lot because your friends don't like you" i said.
She smirked and walked away. I walked in and went to the punch bowl and found Rebecca.
"Hello aunt Becca" i said.
"Hello, you look beautiful" she said.
"Thanks so do you" i said as i got a drink and turned and looked out to the people dancing and found Caroline and Stefan and listened to there conversation.
"I see you found a dress" Stefan said.
"It's from Klaus" Caroline said.
"Ah" Stefan said.
"Don't ask" Caroline said.
"You know you have him wrapped around your little finger right?" Stefan asked.
"If i had Klaus wrapped around my finger than i would be here with Tyler right now" Caroline said.
"Oh" Stefan said.
"Make any progress with the dress thief?" Caroline asked.
I took a sip from my drink and noticed my aunt disappeared.
"I dont know i think it's affecting me more than its affecting her" Stefan said.
"What do you mean?" Caroline asked.
"Every time i tell myself that I'm moving on there's this part of me that just can't seem to shake her." Stefan said.
"It's normal Stefan. You guys were in love. That doesn't change just because you declare that you're moving on" Caroline said as she danced.
"Then how does anyone ever seem to move on?" Stefan asked
"I don't know. I think that someday, you'll met someone new and you'll fall madly in love. And you'll have moved on without even realizing it." Caroline said.
Elijahs POV
I held our the white oak stake.
"Where did you get that?" Klaus asked.
"Our baby sister. Once she's human... It'll make no difference to her whatsoever. Take it" i said as i handed Klaus the stake.
"Why would you give this to me?" Klaus asked as he took it.
"We are immortal apart from the stake. Now that it's yours, you and my daughter have nothing to fear" i said.
"Silas will continue to torture me and your daughter." Klaus said.
"We'll you've survived endless torments throughout the centuries. You'll shake this, and if you can't, you outrun him. But you will not bring my daughter with you she stays with me i will protect her from Silas" i said.
"Yes, it's that simple. Without the cure, what makes you think I'll spare Katerina? Or that I'll let you take Maddie?" Klaus asked.
"Maddie isn't your responsibility Niklaus. She is mine and I'm done letting you threaten me. And as for Katerina you will spear her because I'm asking you to. As your family, as your only living brother, i would ask you to prove me with this opportunity, to feel, to care, and to love." i said.
"I gave you that opportunity. And you sided against me. So if i run it will be to chase Katerina. And as your only living brother i will make it my cause that you never know a moment of happiness. and as Maddie's only living uncle i say we give her the choice of what she wants to do, and if she chooses wrong then I'll just dagger her and you will suffer with out your daughter as well" Klaus said.
"Is it such a hollow little life that you lead, Niklaus?" I said.
He just looked at me.
"Where is my daughter by the way" i asked.
"The prom with Caroline" Klaus said.
I nodded and walked away.
Maddie's POV
I seen Caroline on the dance floor with Matt and I smiled because that's all she's ever wanted.
I found Caroline talking to Damon and i walked over.
"This prom sucks. This is our last dance together, and it's awful. This is not how i wanted to remember this night." Caroline said.
Damon handed her the flask and she took it and took a drink and handed it back.
"Thank you" she said.
"Well, if anyone asks, I'll be at the after party." Caroline said as she walked away.
"Hey. Ok, the ballots have been tallied, which means it's time to announce this years prom king and queen." April said.
Everyone looked up at the stage.
"Alright, your prom king and queen are... Matt Donovan and Bonnie Bennett" April said as the spot light went on them.
Everyone clapped and they walked up on the stage. I walked over to Elena and Rebecca.
"Bonnie Bloody Bennett. Of course." Rebecca said.
"Everyone is so worried about Silas. But there is a obvious solution to all of this. He needs Bonnie. He can't do the spell without her. So if you can't kill Silas, kill his witch" Elena said.
I looked over at her.
"That's your friend" i said.
"I dont care" Elena said.
"I cant kill anyone, I'm supposed to be human." Rebecca said.
"Maybe you can't but i can." Elena said as she walked way.
"We can't let her do that" i said as i looked at my aunt.
"Stay out of it Maddie it's not your fight" Rebecca said.
Matt walked off the stage after pictures and Rebecca and i walked over.
"You need to get your queen off the stage." Rebecca said.
Matt looked over and Bonnie was still getting pictures.
"I cant really do that right now" Matt said.
"You did t hear it from me or Maddie but Elena's up to something." Rebecca said as she grabbed my arm and we walked away.
Suddenly there was like a wind storm in the prom like someone with magic had lost control and it wasn't me so i figured it was Bonnie and then i watched Bonnie leave and the wind stopped and then Rebecca got a call from Matt for us to meet him out back.
"Matt... why did you call? Oh my god" Rebecca said as we seen Matt trying to wake April up.
"Rebecca can you feed her your blood?" Matt asked.
"Can't we just call 911 or something?" Rebecca asked.
"She's dying please help her" Matt said.
"I cant, If i heal her with my vampire blood, Elijah won't give me the cure and i wont get to be human." Rebecca said.
"How is this even a choice right now? You want to be human? Prove it, be good. Do the right thing and save her life" Matt said.
I looked at April and Rebecca.
"I'll do it" i said as i bit my wrist and shoved it into her mouth but it wasn't working. I looked at Rebecca.
"I don't get it. I've healed many people before why won't it work?" I asked.
Rebecca bit her wrist and shoved it into the mouth and she woke up and healed.
Rebecca and I stood back as Matt gave his jacket to April and walked over to us.
"Thank you for saving her Rebecca. It was very noble of you Maddie to try help her so your aunt could have the cure" Matt said.
"I'm sorry Rebecca i tried" i cried.
"It's not your fault Maddie something wasn't right you need to tell your dad" Rebecca said.
I nodded.
Rebecca looked at Matt.
"Elena was right i should have just stayed home" Rebecca said.
"Nobody has to know what you did. I wont tell anyone you did it. We can say Maddie did it" Matt said.
"He's right Rebecca" i said.
"You'd really do that for me?" Rebecca asked.
"I would... and maybe i was a little harsh earlier. You wouldn't make the worst human." Matt said.
Rebecca smiled.
"Are you offering me a job as a bus boy?" Rebecca asked.
They both laughed.
"You know I'd look cute in an apron" Rebecca said.
"We'll see" Matt said with a smile.
"I should probably get April home" Matt said.
"Yeah. I should get Maddie back too" Rebecca said.
Matt helped April up and they walked to his truck.
"Dear sweet April Young. Now, there's a girl with a future." Klaus said as he came out of the shadows
"She was dying, and Maddie couldn't save her for some reason. I acted with human decency" Rebecca said as we turned around.
"You. Can't get more human than that" Rebecca said.
"Actually you can. You can stand idly by as poor April takes he final breath. You can ask why does this always happen to innocent people? Where do the spirts go? Was there anything i could have done? That is what it means to be human, sister. You give humanity too much credit." Klaus said.
"Are you going to tell Elijah?" Rebecca asked.
"Which part? The part where is daughter couldn't seem to save a girl with her blood or the part where you did save a girl with your blood?" Klaus asked.
"Both" Rebecca said.
"No. No. You are. You'll tell him that you cheated, that you failed, that you don't deserve the cure." Klaus said.
"Why is it so hard for you to let me be happy?" Rebecca asked.
"Because your happiness comes at the expense of my sanity, because i refuse to entertain yet another one of your whims, because you are bored and your looking for a reason to matter. Thankfully i dont have to waste anymore breath fighting you on the subject." Klaus said he walked away.
"What does that mean?" Rebecca said as she turned around.
He ignored her and kept walking.
"Nik what does that mean?" Rebecca yelled.
Rebecca took out her phone and called my dad.
"Rebecca?" He asked.
"Elijah i think Nik is up to something!" Rebecca said.
"Where did you go?" He asked.
"I'm still at the prom with Maddie. Look don't do anything with the cure until i see you. Somethings not right" Rebecca said as she walked towards the car. I followed her.
My father didn't say anything.
"Elijah? Hello? Elijah don't take your eyes off that cure." Rebecca said.
"I think it might be a little late for that" my father said.
Rebecca stood there with tears steaming down her face and i felt bad because i was a part of the cause why she wouldn't be getting the cure. I was making myself heal faster so i couldnt help April so she had to use her vampire blood to save her because as much as i want my aunt happy i dont want to lose her.