83

My father and I headed up to the attic once at the church, while my uncle was to distract or really stop anyone from finding us with Davina. My father knocked on the door or the attic where Davina was drawing. She looked over and smiled when she seen my father.
"I made you a promise." My father said.
"Come in." She said as she moved away from the easel. That's when she seen me and her smile dropped.
"I want to apologize... for last time" i said as i followed my father in.
She looked at me.
"Can we start over?" I asked.
She slowly nodded.
"I'm Maddie Mikealson, daughter of Elijah Mikealson. You must be Davina I've heard so much about you" I said as i stuck my hand out.
"Likewise. I've heard a lot about you, your powerful the only witch/vampire hybrid in the world" Davina said with a smile as she took my hand.
"Good now that we got that out of the way." My father said as he handed Davina the spell.
"The spell of unknotting?" Davina asked.
"This is a sanguine knot. The witches use it as representational magic. If you can unknot this rope using that spell, you'll have taken an important step towards control. This is one of my mother's later spells, requires much more power than you realize. Now, if you can perform this, Maddie and I will return with another page... spell of your choosing next time." My father said.
"Have you learned this spell?" Davina asked me.
"For years i studied my grandmas spell books this is the only book i havent gotten to yet. I spent years in a coffin to punish my father" i said looking at the spell.
It was an easy spell if you knew how my grandma worked and lucky for Davina i did.
"Come Maddie we have business to attend to" my father said as he walked to the door.
"She's not staying?" Davina asked.
"No Marcel can't know we are helping you" i said.
She nodded and my father and I left the attic and joined Klaus outside before going to the bar to find Sophie.
We walked in and seen Sabine on the ground just waking up.
"What happened?" My father asked as we walked over to her.
"It was Agnes. Her men took Sophie." Sabine said as my father helped her up.
"I should have killed her when i had the chance" i said as i looked at the floor.
"Day one with you in charge, brother, and already the witch linked to Hayley has been abducted by zealots." My uncle said as i looked up at him.
"Where is she?" My father asked.
"If i tell you where Agnes is then Klaus or Maddie will kill her." She said.
"Is it That obvious?" Klaus asked.
"Look. I know she's a little cuckoo, but she's out last living elder. That might not mean a lot to you, but it means plenty to us. The elders are the only ones who can do important spells." Sabine said.
"Like completing the harvest ritual." My father said.
"You know about that?" She asked.
"Oh, you'd be astounded by the things i know." My father said.
"Allow me to entertain you with today's list of priorities. One, help us unlink your friend Sophie so she no longer controls the fate of the woman carrying my child. Two, convince my brother to accept my heartfelt apologies for some recently dodgy behavior. Three, there is no 3." My uncle said as he walked up joining the three of us.
"I believe what my brother is attempting to communicate here is that neither the life of this elder nor the harvest ritual nor your covens connection to magic are of any relevance to him whatsoever. Now talk" my father said.
"Grave yard" Sabine said.
"Thank you" i said as i turned and walked past my father and my uncle.
I headed for the grave yard with my father and uncle not to far behind. We walked in and see Sophie chained up.
My father unchained her.
"Agnes stuck me with a needle. Ugh! Cursed objects were created a long time ago. We use them so we don't get busted by Marcel for doing magic. The one she used is called the needle of sorrows. It was cursed..." Sophie started.
"In the 1860s, when..." i started to finish.
"Jump ahead a few decades and tell us what it does niece" my uncle said.
I nodded. "Go ahead Sophie tell them" i said
"It's got one purpose... to kill a child in uterine by raising her blood temperature." Sophie said.
"It's for miscarriage" my father said.
"Correct it's for miscarriage" i said as i turned from Sophie and looking out past Klaus.
I felt anger coming on and i wasn't sure if i could handle a outburst right now.
"How much time do we have to fix this?" My father asked.
"It will do what it's meant to by tonight's high tide." I said turning back around.
"Believe me... it will work. I saw her use a similar object on a kid who went mad and killed a bunch of priests" Sophie said.
"I'd like to have a little chat with this Agnes. Where can I find her?" Klaus asked as he noticed me shaking with anger and he walked up to me putting his arm around my shoulders.
"You won't. There are a thousand places she could hole up to Wait it out." Sophie said.
"Good thing your going to help me unlink you and Hayley." I said.
"No more danger comes to Hayley or the child" my father said.
"No! If I'm not linked to Hayley, i lose my leverage on you. We had a deal" she said looking at my father.
"Deals off Sophie! Hayley and the baby are in danger because of how careless you are!" I yelled.
"We are not on the same side. Our deal no longer stands." My father said.
"You lies to us Sophie lied!" I screamed and i felt the tomb shake.
"Maddie luv claim down" my uncle said.
"She isn't going to help us we have to find someone who will. Maybe the humans." I said as i rip myself way from my uncle and headed of of the tomb and out of the grave yard.
I stood by the car and waited for my uncle and father to follow and they did but they brought Sophie along.
"She's going to help us. Klaus is going to get answers from the humans and is three are going home to help slow Hayleys fever down" my father said.
"Fine let's go then" i said as i clawed into the back of the car.
My uncle left on foot and my father drove to the house were we found Hayley and Rebecca in Hayleys room. I passed the room and went to my own to look over the unlinking spell that I had been looking at.
"Fine. Happy to play the fetch girl." I heard Rebecca say to Sophie and my father before i see. Her walk past my room to her own to grab her stuff.