~9~

The weekend passed soon for Seungmin, with no talking to Hyunjin. Before he knew it, Monday had arrived and the weekend was only full of sulking and staring at his wall.

The young boy dreaded going to school, but couldn't help it. As he entered the gate, Seungmin made eye contact with Hyunjin. Then, it happened. The whole school saw Hyunjin scoff and turn his back on the younger.

Seungmin wasn't as shocked as he had expected the elder to ignore him.
Although it hurts, he tried his best to hide the pain as both, him and Hyunjin were quite popular around the school and were known to hang out always. He headed to class, trying to forget everything to focus on studies.

~

The bell rang, indicating the start of lunch time. Seungmin let feet carry him to the cafeteria, mind full of images of his former best friend. Indeed, Seungmin had shed loads of tears over the weekend, but held back in school.

He sat with Felix, the latter rambling about his boyfriend. "Hey! Aren't you sitting with Hyunjin?", Felix questioned suddenly.

"We kind of had a quarrel..."

"Oh... That's nasty, mate. Hope you fix it soon", said Felix, before continuing to chomp on his fruits.

"I hope so too... ", mumbled Seungmin, inaudible to Felix.

~

At lunch, Felix sat with Seungmin. The younger glanced around the huge cafeteria of their school but failed to meet the eyes he seemed for. Ever since the argument, Seungmin had been feeling quite empty. Like a part of him had been snatched away, without any warning.

Hyunjin, on the other hand, was still quite angered. He too missed the other tremendously, but could not forget the mistakes of the younger. At times, Hyunjin had thought about forgiving the younger, but would not want to do so as easily.

~

Both of them had been affected quite visibly due to the quarrel. In about a month, tons had changed. Seungmin was still focused in his studies, but hardly socialized any more. The only person he talked to at school anymore was Felix.

Hyunjin, on the other hand, was failing miserably in studied. He had almost lost all his motivation, and started lacking a bit in sports as well. As a result, he had been removed from the position of captain and had been selected as a substitute.

Eventually, Hyunjin grade dropped down so much that he had been called by the school counselor, Mr. Bang Chan, to talk.