A Goodbye Present

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

My heartbeat is slowing down. All I could remember was the scream of my friends that called out to my name, before I was enveloped by the darkness. What happened? I thought we won?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Everyone rushed to the hospital where all of the story begins. (R/N) was pushed on the medical table and rushed to the emergency room. She was in an acute situation. Her body finally took the toll and she was at the edge of her life but her friends couldn't allow it to happen if there's something they can do. Trafalgar and the other medic assistant helped him while the others waited outside. They were all nervous and hours passed but they never came out.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Dammit, hand me the scalp! Increase the dose for anesthesia!" I ordered Nami-ya, Robin-ya and Racoon-ya to help me with everything while I handle the operation. 'Darn it (R/N)-ya, don't you dare give up on me..! Not after we just won! We need you... I need you..' I cursed to myself, I could almost feel the burning sensation at my throat. I tried to fight the feeling away because I need to give my full attention to the operation. I can't let it get to me. Need to stay focus and calm. I didn't thought that her sickness would get to her this soon. I never should have let her helped us but.. if it wasn't for her and everyone, we wouldn't be here... (R/N)-ya, please, I know you are a strong girl. I know you can fight through it, please.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Hours ticked by and the operation finally came to an end. As soon as they were allowed to enter, all of them rushed to her side to check on her condition. She was still unconscious. (R/N)'s chest raise and fall in a steady rhythm but her eyes never open. Everyone gazed at her sleeping state, desperately hoped that their friend would open her eyes and surprised them but it never happen.

"Is she okay? Why isn't she waking up?" asked Hancock in worried tone, waiting for Trafalgar to explain the situation. The doctor opened his eyes and looked at everyone in the room whilst taking a deep breath "She is stable, for now... I'm not sure when she would wake up either.." the doctor explained with a low voice. He seemed cool on the outside but on the inside he was barely holding it together but he knew better that he must keep himself composed. Everyone looked down, feeling the heavy weight in their chest. Just as they won, they're friend's battle still continues and this time, they're afraid that it might only cost her life while she protected others.

"(R/N) will be okay right..?" Chopper asked in a broken voice, his eyes were teary while he tried to hold on to his courage within him. The little one didn't want to think negative of their very friend but those dark thoughts taunt each of them.

"Of course she will, (R/N) is very strong after all." said Robin to ease the little upset reindeer who cried onto Robin's shoulder. The girls all clinged to each other for support while the guys kept their head down, drowning in their own swirl of thoughts.

Luffy the rubber man glared at the unconsciouss form of his beloved friend, waiting for her to wake up.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
♡ ♡

(R/N), please, you have to wake up... You can't give up.. Not after we just have won this..! You can't leave us..! You can't leave me... I'll be alone.. Please wake up... I want to see your smile again...

I'm fighting the urge to cry because it wouldn't be too manly of me but seeing her lifeless-like form makes it worse. That weird meter seem to raise and fall steadily like Torao explained earlier but why doesn't she seem to be waking up..? Please (R/N), wake up..

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
♡ ♡

Everyone looked tense and worried. I bet everyone wished she would wake up. Even me... She's not good at handling swords or fighting but despite that, she still want to save us all.. She even beat that Cero guy back there. You even took on Whitebeard. You're the most bravest girl I've known and the brightest one I've seen..