VII| "Don't know her,"

Melody

"I'm confused, what did I just sign?" I ask, furrowing my brows as we enter my house with Cayden and two other police officers, "and why are they here, why are you here?"

I turn around to find Cayden looking around the house, "because remember, we're best friends and you agreed to let me stay here for my house arrest," he responds with a shrug, still not looking at me.

I stare at him, my eyes wide, "I did what?!"

He finally looks at me, not a trace of worry or remorse in his expression as he sits back on my couch, "yep, don't worry it's only for 8 months, hopefully,"

"8 months!" I repeat, watching the police officers getting things out of a bag, "and what are they doing?" I point

Cayden turns towards the police officers, "oh they're just setting everything up,"

I literally wanna cry...

"What have I gotten myself into," I groan

"I did warn you," Cayden shrugs

Before I could respond the officers call me over, I quickly snap my head towards there direction, walking over towards them, "yes officers?"

They pull out a box that looks like a WiFi box, "this just needs to go outside, if you wouldn't mind leading us towards the back please," the officer asks

I silently nod and lead them towards the back.

Well done melody, you're living with a criminal now...

.

.

.

"Cayden! The lamp!" I warn as he ducks the pillow I was aiming at him, causing it to crash into my dad's favourite lamp, "wasn't me!" I quickly say, holding my hand up in surrender.

Cayden stares at me gobsmacked, "it literally was you," he points

I shrug, "don't know her,"

Cayden doesn't say anything besides staring at me blankly, he sighs and shakes his head, taking a seat, "not gonna lie, that was an ugly lamp though,"

I gasp, trying to be offended but give up and sit on the other side of the couch, "true,"

Half an hour ago...

Maybe I can sleep in my bakery for 8 months, that's not a bad idea, there's food, a table and an oven I can use for heating. Great idea Melody!

"Hello earth to Melody," Cayden snaps his fingers in front of my face, snapping me out of my trance.

I quickly jump back, "I told you, you have to stay at least 10 feet away from me?"

Cayden raises his brow at me, "so now it's a problem,"

"Of course it is, I don't even know you or what you've done, you could literally kill me for all I know," this is a whole different case than meeting him in the visiting room.

Cayden stares at me for a few seconds before leaning back against the couch, "if I wanted to harm you, I would've already done it, doesn't matter where,"

I slowly blink, staring at the side of his face as he stares at the tv screen, I slowly inch away from him, "well-well you can't! I'm helping you so-so you owe me,"

Cayden turns back towards me, once again raising his perfect brow, "I thought I was helping you in the first place, aren't we even now,"

I stutter trying to piece together a response, "that's not the same, this-" I point towards him and around the house, "is very different,"

He shrugs, "it's only a few months, it'll fly by and I'll try not to cause any problems," he holds his hands up in surrender, "anyways, can you please change the channel?"

I narrow my eyes at him and fold my arms, "no,"

He looks away from the screen to stare at me, "didn't take you for a news kinda girl,"

"So what if I am?" I challenge, I hate the news...

He shrugs, "there's no problem with it at all, please do watch it," he points towards the screen.

I huff and look away from him, staring at the tv screen, which was a lady reporting something about a missing fish, what even?

Getting fed up, I reach for the remote on the table and turn the tv off,

"Forget the tv, since you'll be staying here, there are some rules you must follow; rule number one, don't touch any of my stuff, that includes my food-"

He cuts me off, "so you expect me to starve?" Yes

I narrow my eyes at him, "no, you can have certain things, just don't touch my secret stash-"

He cuts me off once again, "you have a secret stash?" Clearly not a secret anymore.

"Stop cutting me off! Let me finish, rule number two, when I'm at work, please refrain from doing anything that may put you back in prison. Rule number three, please do not invite any of your gang members or any drug dealers over, that would very much be appreciated. And finally last rule, rule number four, whatever you do not fall in love with me," I finished, adding the last bit in for absolutely no reason whatsoever...

Cayden stared at me, his expression not giving away whatever he was feeling about all this, finally, his cold stare fell as a small amused smile that he as trying to hide made way onto his face.

He finally responded, "I'll try my best, can't make promises though," he no longer was hiding his amused smile, he even went far as to add a wink at the end.

I throw the pillow I was hugging at him, "I was joking but, please try your hardest, no matter what happens you must not fall in love with me,"

He catches the pillow, setting it down beside him and holding his hands up in surrender, "fine, besides that's the only rule that seems the easiest,"

I sign in relief and lean against the couch, "that's good, wait a mi-hey!" I look around for another pillow to throw when I finally catch on to what he said.

But before I could reach for the pillow beside me, a pillow hits the side of my face, I gasp at stare at Cayden who was innocently staring at the tv screen.

"You started it," I warm, throwing the pillow back at him, hitting the side of his face.

He raises his brow at me, "you sure?" He holds a mock smile on his face as he throws the pillow back at me.

I narrow my eyes at him, hitting the pillow away, "yes," I copy his fake smile and throw the pillow beside me at him.

And that's how the great pillow fight of 2019 started, ending with the death of my dads favourite ugly lamp, but also starting the journey of the great Melody and the somewhat alright Cayden as they start a chapter of living together for 8 months....great...So, see you next time friends, that's if I haven't been murdered...

Bye

- Authors Note -

Heyyy, how you doin?

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!

Thank you for reading, commenting or voting 💕😘