VIII| "You broke Rule No. 2!"

Melody

"What do you mean the cops are here?!" I questioned into the phone, putting the flour down.

"Exactly that, the cops are here...Can you please come and clear things out?" Cayden answers back, his voice sounding unbothered, oh he better be bothered.

"What have you done?" I sigh, packing the ingredients and walking around to the sink, "I'll be there in 5," ending the call, I quickly wash my hands and take my apron off.

Grabbing my coat on the way out to the front, I stop by Lauren who was putting the fresh cupcakes out, "Hey Lauren, I have to go, kinda an emergency...I'll aim to be back, but I'm not sure, I hope you don't mind locking up," I gave her a pleading look.

Lauren puts the tray down at looks up at me, "yeah that's alright, just remember we've got a big order for Saturday,"

I nod and give her a quick hug, "you're a lifesaver and don't worry, I haven't forgotten. Bye!" Waving on the way out, I head towards my car that I had to pay to get back, my poor $325!

Should've made Cayden pay for it since I was visiting his stupid ass... I mean it wasn't really his fault, but still why not...?

It's been two weeks since Cayden 'moved in', honestly It was weird at first, trying to make conversation so we wouldn't have to sit in silence but, now it's kinda natural and even if we're, it isn't that awkward.

As I get closer to my house I realise, I have to park on the side since two police cars were blocking the driveway, great...

Sighing, I get out of my car and walk towards the door. Let's do this.

Giving my self the prep talk, I open the door and walk towards the living room, where I could hear a few people talking.

"Hello?" I call into the room, finding an unbothered Cayden on the couch and 4 police officers around him, two conversing on their own and Ms Verm was sat on the single sofa, glaring at Cayden. Oh no...

Wait a minute!

"Ms Verm?!" They all turn towards me, "I thought you were de-I mean I thought you were visiting your son..?" Her dead son...

Ms Verm is 65 years old, forgive me but I haven't heard from the lady in months, I honestly thought she passed away. I should've really checked up on her.

She looks up at me and smiles, shaking her head, "don't be silly, I was visiting my daughter, she got married...again I suppose." She says the last bit confused, Ms Verm also forgets very easily, so she's unable to remember that this is her daughter's 5th wedding...

I nod, "Ahh I see," I notice Cayden on the couch, staring at me and the two police officers, waiting to approach me with a patient smile.

She thinks for a minute before smiling, "ahh, it is, I knew I never saw that man before,"

I smile and nod, turning to the officers and sigh, "Hey guys, what's happened here?"

The officers, who I recognised from our local station since they worked with my dad, stood around with a warm smile.

The lady officer, Tracy, steps forward, "hello Melody, how have you been, sweetie?"

I nod, "not to bad, just a little busy," people really wanna get married around the same time.