XXV| "Tragic villain backstory,"

Melody

"I don't see how you planned this out?" I ask out loud, hurdled in the corner of the bakery, strangely enough, he let Laura go, but threatening her life is she dared calling the cops.

Lucas or peter, whatever his name is, but I think I'm going to call him Psycho, because of his haunting smile, it sends shivers down my back.

He stops pacing and turns to glare at me, "what? I've planned this out perfectly fine,"

I scrunch my nose at him and shake my head, "I don't think you did, because how is he supposed to come and confront you, since you know, his on house arrest," they really let just anyone be a villain these days, I thought it had requirements.

"He did it before, I'm sure he can do it again,"

Once again I give him a 'are you stupid look', "he had a replacement and someone to take it of, but his alone now so..."

"I'm sure he'll figure it out or he could come here with that thing," he says with an evil smirk, but maybe that was his plan, to make Cayden come here with his alarm and get arrested again... Well, now I hope he really doesn't come here.

I decided to move this along, "so, how do you know Cayden? Did he beat you up once or steal your drugs?" I'm still holding onto Cayden not being a drug dealer.

Psycho huffs, "you know, you're both perfect for each other-"

I cut him off, "Really, you think so? Can you tell-"

"I'm not done talking,"

I put my hands up, "geez, okay, you're the one that wanted to be Cupid, please continue,"

His right eye twitch as he finishes, "as I was saying, you both are perfect for each other, both falling for the innocent beat up little boy act-"

"Cayden fell for that too," I laugh but quickly recovering, "okay sorry, continue, I'm genuinely interested in your tragic villain backstory,"

He doesn't seem impressed but still gives me a fake smile, "well, Cayden just happens to be my dear older brother,"

I couldn't stop myself before I blurted out,  "Ew! You're Warren's son," I quickly put my hand over my mouth, oops...

His eye twitches again, "Yes, Warren is my dad and I'm very proud of that,"

"And is he proud of you?" the tragic villain backstory somehow always goes back to the parents.

For the first time since Psycho here has been holding me 'captive', this is the first time I saw some real insecurity, for a split second his whole posture became very unsure, "He will be,"

Not being able to help myself again, I laugh. This poor thing.

"Stop laughing," he clenches his jaw,

I do stop, only to say, "wait, are you doing this to make him proud?"

"Of course, he wants Cayden to rot in hell and him getting caught out would put him right back in there. Also, when he finds out I've trapped you," he beams, a twinkle in his eyes like he just managed to figure out how to stop global warming.

I stare at him, "I'm actually here by choice also, you do know that your 'dad' has already met Cayden and if he wanted to lock Cayden away for a long time, don't you think he would've framed him for something bigger,"

There's that twitch again, I continue, "why are you doing this? Is it just to get his attention, because trust me coming from someone whose done a lot of things to get attention, this, is definitely not the way,"