XXIV| "What's his name?"

*not edited*

Melody

"CAYDEN! Snap out of it!" I yelled while shaking him, he was covered in cold sweat.

"No, let me go, let them go," he kept mutter while shaking, trying to pry my hands off me.

"Cayden, it's me, Melody. You're safe, you're home, please wake up," I beg, my hands hovering over him before they reached to remove the hair that was sticking to his forehead. But before I could move the hair, a hand clasps around my fingers, oh flour!

Cayden's eyes snap open, he sits up, causing me to stumble back a bit, still holding onto my hand, he looks around the room in a panic.

I was crouched down on the floor, in front of the couch, Cayden was now sat upon, "Cayden," I cautiously called.

He snaps his head down at me, I could see the panic slow going away and he sighs, he hands still clasped around mine, as he evened his breath out, "Melody, what are you-"

"You were having a nightmare, you seemed really stressed out," I say, looking anywhere but at Cayden, not the time Melody.

Cayden puts his legs down and sighs, "sorry I must've scared you,"

I shake my head, "erm no it's okay, didn't want you hurting yourself," finally looking up at Cayden.

We both stared at each other for a few moments, his eyes looked so intense and deep, so much pain.

He sighs and looks down, his head hovering over our joined hands, "thank you," he breaths.

After a few moments, Cayden gets up and Max comes from, we sit for breakfast together and finally get to take the alarm of my leg.

"Sorry, I didn't get to ask last night, but are you alright? Hurt anywhere?" I ask Max, who was putting the alarm back on Cayden.

He shakes his head, "I usually stay away from that side of the business," oh

"Oh that's good and what about the others? Was anyone hurt?" I'm sure there were injuries but as long as no one is... To be honest, I might have spent the last hours worrying about them. I think I'm getting attached and I don't know how to deal with that.

Cayden responds, "they're fine, no one was hurt too badly,"

I nod, "that's great. So, I do have to go to work, but I can stay if-"

Cayden cuts me off, "I'll be fine, go."

"Are you sure, I can-"

"Melody, go"

"But what if you-"

"Go."

"What if-" I cut myself off when I notice Caydens stare, daring me to argue again, "fine, fine I'll go, but make sure you call me if anything happens."

"I will,"

.

.

I hear Cayden sigh, "Melody, I'm fine. Stop calling every 5 minutes,"

"It's not even 5 minutes... Also, I'm sure you're supposed to check on people after an injury ever like 4 hours or something? Or was that just for concussions?" I say, my eyes on the door, just in case a customer came.

There's a few seconds silence before he says, "Okay firstly I didn't even hit my head, so no concussion. Secondly, you have to check ever 4 hours after the accident, when the person is asleep,"

"Oh, wait! That means if you did have a concussion last night and I didn't-"

Cayden quickly cuts my panicking short, "I would've told you, so stop jumping to conclusions,"

I frown and shake my head, "yeah like how you told me you got stabbed, like are you just numb to pain or something?"

I hear a low chuckle before he responds back, "not really but-customer?"

Cayden stops halfway when I interrupt him to greet a customer, "hey Peter. Yeah, I guess I'll speak to you later," saying the last bit to Cayden.

"Alright, bye," he ends the call and I put the phone down, smiling up at Peter.

"Was that Cayden?" He asks with a warm smile.

I froze for a second before quickly recovering and acting normal, I nod, "yeah that, so what you in the mood for today?"

It seems that the kid didn't notice my sudden change, he smiles and shrugs, "I'll just take a blueberry muffin please." I nod and grab a tissue, while he continues, "Are you planning on adding 'The Experiment' to the actual menu?"

I nod, holding out the muffin, "I am, but I think I will stick to making a few and see how it goes. You planing sitting it?"

He shakes his head, "no, not today, I was actually on my way to the library, thought I'd stop by,"

"Awh, that's really nice of you, here take an extra muffin," I grab a bag, dropping the muffin in and passing it to him, "good luck!"

He walks out of the bakery but not before turning around to wave at me and continues walking towards the left. Oh no...

I release a deep breath, my breathing was starting to getting ragged. Oh my god.

I quickly scramble for the phone and dialling Cayden's number, after a few rings he picks up, "Melody, seriously-"

"Cayden, I think something's wrong," I breathe, keeping my eye on the door.

"Melody, what's wrong? What happened?" I could hear the panic in Cayden's voice.

"There's this kid and I think-I think he's with Warren or something because he knows about you and I was really careful to not mention your name. And just now he said he's going to the library but he turned left, the closest library's is to the right." I explained, all those times I spoke to Peter, I never once mentioned Cayden's name.

"What's his name?"

"Peter, but that's probably fake, he has-" the door opened, causing me to jump and looking up at the door, "Cayden." Oh no

"I was really hoping, we would've done this longer," the boy says with a smirk on his face, there was no sign of the past innocent beat up little boy.

"Lucas," Cayden whispers.

What on earth is going on?

But also, "You owe me so much money!"

- Authors Note -

Hello!

Hear me out guys; Wattpad is out here taking advance of the protests and looting... they looted half my reads on WYWI... The disrespect! 😭(I was 1k away from 1m reads)

Anyways thank you so much for all the love and support, love you all and hope you guys are safe. 💕

(Me to Wattpad^)

(Me to Wattpad^)