• Ten •

Maybe expect another chapter this week. Might do a special chapter for something coming up :3. Also I'm using the wiki for this chapter so don't kill me if stuff is quite weirdly explained.
Abbreviations to know:
(Y/N) = Your First Name

  Without a moment to waste, the hooded enemies shot their attack towards your group. Not at the full group, but at one specific person; Asta. You were about to put up a shield, but you saw him pull out his sword.

  "(Y/N), DUCK!" You did as he said and crouched down, covering your head with your arms. You felt the air of his sword being swung around in a circle just above, nullifying each of them. They continued for a few moments more before stopping, leaving Asta out of breath. You stood up again and tried to get a better look at the enemies. On each cloak there was a familiar symbol; three eyes. Most of them had their face covered. Asta seemed as if he was going to attack again, but Leopold suddenly stepped in.

  "Flame Magic: Exploding Flames!" His balls of flame shot off in different directions. Some of the enemies dodged, while one shot magic back to clash with it.

  "Let me join you, my rival!" You guessed you missed some stuff, because when did they become rivals? You'd figure that out later. While Asta and Leopold took on one enemy, you began to shoot your orbs at one behind you. He or she seemed to use a type of water magic. They were fast, but you were able to keep up with them. While Leo aimed and shot fire, Asta went around slashing anyone he could find. Everyone seemed to retreat at the same time, so the three of you stood back to back facing the enemies. Once again, they prepared another attack in your direction. You heard one of them say something about how you weren't they're targets, but they'll kill you anyways. You didn't have anyone in mind about who they could be after. On cue, they shot at you. Because no body seemed to be ready, you expected to get hit by something, but a water dome of mana appeared around you, cancelling out any shots coming your way. Noelle had created a larger dome around everyone else shortly after.

  "Don't think you can kill my friends so easily!" They seemed to be somewhat surprised at the creation Noelle had made.

  "An impressive spell I must say, but not impressive enough. Tree Creation Magic: Magic Draining Roots." The ground shook slightly as huge, veiny tree roots emerged from the ground, surrounding the dome. Once it was completely covered, it was almost as if they sucked all of its mana away from it, causing the dome to disappear. Asta and Leo immediately charged the enemy, but they fell to the ground after being shot by wind magic in the shape of needles. Your eyes widened as you ran and dropped beside Asta. He was pierced in multiple places across his body. It wouldn't be much, but you tried to use your small recovery magic to attempt to help in any way. The group began to close in on you, so you began to panic. You alone wouldn't be able to take on any more than two enemies, given there are five. You were about to attempt to summon your shield once again, but everyone's attention turned to a group of mixed Magic Knights who had suddenly appeared. You wondered where they even were in the first place. Apparently they had been teleported away earlier and combined their magic to make it back. The Silver Eagles captain Nozel was with them as well. One of the members mentioned about having to retreat, but Captain Nozel went after them. Apparently they predicted his attack, as somebody used their magic to summon a giant salamander to protect all of their comrades. You had expected them to retreat empty handed, but the salamander reached down and grabbed Asta, capturing him in its hold.

  "I'll be taking him with us, thank youuuu." The girl who controlled the salamander called out while waving. You shot an orb near where Asta was laid, not moving. It created a hole, but filled back up. A portal was created, and everyone began to step inside of it. You watched as Asta was taken away just like that. The person who seemed like the leader turned around one last time.

  "We are the Eye of the Midnight Sun, and we will destroy the Clover Kingdom." You tried to get a hold of him using your chains, but he had walked through and the portal had shut, letting your chain fall to the ground. You couldn't even move or look away. Your eyes were locked on the last place you saw Asta. Noelle placed a hand on your shoulder and asked if you were alright. A lump appeared in your throat that took a minute to swallow down. You slowly punched (if that makes sense) a nearby wall, just wanting to hit something, but not feel any pain. You turned your head to look back at the larger group.
.
.
.
  "I don't care where in the world he is. I will find him."

                      ~~~~~End of Chapter~~~~~
Total word count: 841

Aaa I'm so sorry this chapter was way shorter. I had a huge brain fart during this and had like no idea how to describe this scene. I'm most definitely going to write that special so you don't go a week with only a 5 minute chapter.
Any feedback is helpful, whether it be compliments or criticism. I want to make sure you enjoy the story!