• Twenty •

Abbreviations to know:

(Y/N)= Your First Name

  "Hey, no fair, Yami. You were hogging these fun-looking enemies all to yourself. Well? Are they worth slicing up?" Captain Jack basically hissed because of his raspy voice.

  "Nope, not at all. They're pretty much like paper. I was about to finish them off when you butted in, you jerk." Captain Yami replied still kicked back on a rock. 

  "Keke, yeah, right. Look how beat up you are." Captain Jack laughed before turning his head to look at Captain Yami."

  "Beat up? Who are you talking about?" Captain Yami spit back.

  "Kekeke, Actually, why don't I use this opportunity to slice you up, too? Vent all of my past grudges." Captain Jack held up his scythe elbow and pushed it towards Captain Yami's neck.

  "Oh no, I'm sorry. Please spare me." Captain Yami took his cigarette out of his mouth and sarcastically surrendered. With the same smile as always, Captain Jack pulled away.

  "How long are you going to sit there? You're so pathetic for a man." Captain Charlotte questioned Captain Yami, but still facing the enemy.

  "You're an idiot. The ground loves me so much, it won't let my ass go." Captain Yami took another puff of his cigarette.

  "You're the idiot. There's no way the ground would love an outlaw like you." Captain Charlotte hit back at your captain.

  "Talk about harsh. You're never going to find a guy who'll marry you with that attitude. Yikes." The two went back and forth for a little longer before focusing at the main issue at hand.

  "The Eye of the Midnight Sun, its leader and top brass... The top brass of the traitors who attacked our country are all in a row. What a perfect opportunity. I'll bury them with my own hands." Captain Nozel stated, still surrounded by his mercury magic. Your captain took this time to once again insult the other squad's captain.

  "Hey, I wonder how he gets his hair like that." Captain Yami questioned, referring to Captain Nozel.

  "Doesn't he just get one of his servants to do it, since he's royalty?" Asta gave a suggestion.

  "I'm sure he's got his own hair stylist." Finral added while rubbing his chin.

  "He actually has someone to do it for him? But it's so lame! Wait, so he does that braid himself? That's pretty gross, too." Even with the enemy right in front of you, your squad mates took this time to insult Captain Nozel's hair.

  "Shall I bury you lot first?" Captain Nozel glared back at your squad. You noticed he looked at you for a couple extra seconds before looking back ahead of him. Now, the three captains were standing face-to-face with the Third Eye, only separated by a short distance. There was an intense aura in the room before Asta went and yelled.

  "Alright! I'm getting fired up! I can still fight, too!" Asta grabbed the swords from his grimoire with starry eyes, but his motivation was shut down by Captain Nozel.

  "Stay out of this, pond scum. When the captains are on the battlefield, mediocre combatants will only slow us down. Especially a lowly peasant with no magic like yourself." Captain Nozel hit Asta with his words, but he just looked at him, not saying or expressing anything.

  "Very well! True despair lies at the end of an endless battle! And the despair of the strongest fighters is the ultimate spice!" Vetto yelled while cracking his knuckles.

  "We're hunting some rats. Let's go." He added soon after. Rhya created a replica of Captain Yami's sword. Meawhile, Licht was still surrounded by a flame healing spell. Rhya jumped forwards towards the Clover Kingdom captains and called dibs on Captain Charlotte. She used a briar spell that shot a bunch of vines towards Rhya, but he easily cut through them. As Rhya jumped around, the new vines Captain Charlotte created chased him wherever he went. He cut them again, but Captain Charlotte went after him. Vetto decided to go after Captain Jack, so he used one of his spells that seemed the enhance the strength of his scythes and he sent a large, destructive slash that destroyed the ground of the path Vetto was taking before he dodges the oncoming attack. Some spell that Vetto used formed a red-orange aura around him before dashing towards Captain Jack. Captain Nozel chose to go after Licht, his first attack being his spear attack, but Fana's fire burned them away with ease. The three fights continued simultaneously, and it was hard to tell who was at the advantage as both sides were able to keep up with each other. You couldn't really see the fights, though as a thick cloud of dust had kicked up.