• Seventeen •

After a couple minutes of laying motionless on the ground, you finally found some strength, along with Gauche, to get up and start slowly crawling over to Asta and the sister,

  "Don't you dare die you old hag! You're going to make Marie sad if you die! I wouldn't like it very much either!" Gauche was able to hoarsely call out. You stared at Theresa, motionless on the ground except for a slight shaking, her eyes fluttering open and shut, and the blood pooling around her. You saw her eyes open slowly.

  "Take..care of the children for me...In any battlefield...the victims..were..always the weak. It was always the innocent children. It's because I wanted to protect the children..that I left the battlefield and became a sister." The sister spoke in a voice softer than a whisper, but as she spoke, blood slowly spilled from her mouth before she coughed up a large amount.

  "Sister...you're going to be the one to take care of those children...the Black Bulls are not letting you die here." You managed to choke out.

  "What are you talking about?" You heard Licht say before the spikes impaling the sister disappeared. He and his assistant still hovered in the air watching the whole show go down.

  "All of you were born sinners." He simply said while smirking slightly. This didn't go across well with Asta.

  "What did you say?!" Asta quickly turned to Licht as he pulled out both of his swords. You saw a stream of tears flow down each sides of Licht's face, but he didn't sob. Instead, he placed a hand on the Midnight Sun girls' face and sympathized with her. He mumbled something to her that you weren't able to make out fully, but you were able to hear Licht call the girl Sally. Licht called out to his assistant to create a portal before slowly dropping Sally into it.

  "See you later, Asta. You belong to me." is what she said before she was gone. Asta's face changed to reveal how creeped out he was.

  "I'm sure they used some underhanded attacks." Licht continued speaking to his assistant.

  "Who are you calling underhanded?! Look at what you did to all those innocent children!" You didn't want Asta to provoke him, but it'd be better to get some information out of him.

  "She mentioned earlier that the victims on the battlefield are always the weak. That is incorrect. The victims are the strong. Envied, feared, discriminated, against, persecuted, and stolen from. That is why we will not forgive the Clover Kingdom. This time, we will destroy you and create our own kingdom." 'What are they even going on about?'. You thought.

  "What the hell are you even talking about?!" Asta responded. 'Did he just read my mind or something?'

  "You're the ones who attacked first you jerk!" Asta pointed his sword at Licht and yelled. In a split second, one of the spikes from earlier flew down at an unthinkable speed and pierced through Asta's leg, causing him to yell out in pain.

  "Asta!" You were able to get your voice out a bit more now. Asta gritted his teeth as he attempted to keep standing.

  "Shut your filthy mouth. You're an eyesore. Why does someone like you have that grimoire?" You asked yourself what he meant by having the grimoire that he has. 'Does Licht know about his grimoire or something?'  The spike disappeared, revealing the huge gash in Asta's leg. Despite the gushing that occurred when he pushed off the ground,  Asta used his larger sword as a shield as he ran as fast as he could towards Licht. Within a matter of less than a second, Licht appeared right by his side.

  "That wont work. I'll be taking that grimoire back." 'What does he mean by taking it back?' You thought. Licht aimed his hand towards Asta and collected a large amount of his magic into a ball for a few seconds before shooting it at him. Asta turned around and saw this, causing his eyes to widen. Your breath stopped as you watched Asta about to get shot, unable to do anything about it. Just before the impact, a familiar sword came out of a portal and stopped the attack, before out came Captain Yami. When Licht saw this, he teleported behind Asta a little ways away.