• Twenty One •

Abbreviations to know:

(Y/N) = Your first name

  Finally out of the cave and getting back to the church in Nean, you, Noelle, Yuno, Mimosa, and Klaus waited for Asta to wake up while Mimosa healed him. You saw as he blinked a few times and stirred back to reality. But, when he woke up fully he had no idea where he was, so he panicked, flinging himself up from laying down in Mimosa's cradle spell. Because Asta scared Mimosa, the spell disabled and Asta fell to the floor.

  "Welcome back, Asta. Long time no see." You sarcastically greeted a face-in-the-floor Asta. He groaned a bit before pushing himself up and looking around at everyone. 

  "Thank goodness! I don't know what I'd do if you hadn't woken up!" Mimosa let out a heavy breath as she was relieved that Asta was okay, then going in to hug him. Although Asta stiffened up, your eyes widened before looking away. Noelle even seemed annoyed.

  "How long are you going to hold on to each other?! Think about (Y/N), Bakasta!" Noelle ran over and shoved Asta into the wall, which he landed upside down. 

  "I'm an injured man here!" He yelled, unable to move. Mimosa gasped before turning to you. She gasped before bowing.

  "I'm sorry (Y/N)! I wasn't thinking!" She apologized while blushing deeply. You stuttered a bit before speaking.

  "Oh no, it's fine! You're just caring about him!" You waved your hands about and smiled, but you had to admit you were a tiny bit annoyed. Asta being Asta, he had no idea why Mimosa was apologizing, as shown by the confused look he gave the two of you. He stood up and asked what he had missed. Noelle told him he had slept for an entire day.

  "What?! I was asleep for a whole day?!" He yelled, Nero taking a seat on his head.

  "Yes, you were even snoring." Noelle added. Must've been a nice nap.

  "That just means he was able to use all of his strength to fight. We wanted to fight with you, but by the time we got there, the Eye of the Midnight Sun had already escaped." Klaus explained. You had a feeling you were going to get the full story from Asta later. Yuno tried to argue saying that you had contacted them too late, and Mimosa said that's why they were treating him after he was brought to the church. He thanked Mimosa for healing him and then thanked everyone for looking after him.

  "The one who worked the hardest to make sure you were okay was Klaus." Mimosa added. Klaus quickly changed the subject by clearing his throat and talking about something else.

  "More importantly, thanks to you and the others, all of the kidnapped children are safe and back at their homes. Also, regarding that boy, Neige, he's being interrogated back at headquarters. I'm assuming he knows nothing about the Eye of the Midnight Sun." Klaus began to explain.

  "They're taking into consideration," Mimosa continued "his deep regret and the fact that he meant no harm. I think he's going to be doing volunteer work here at the church to pay for his crimes." You were happy to hear that Neige would be getting an easy punishment, considering the fact that what he did was against his will.

  "Anyway, it sounds like you did a great job again-" Klaus tried to congratulate Asta, but Yuno interrupted.  

  "If it were me there, I wouldn't have let the Eye of the Midnight Sun escape." 

  "Whatever seal was broken off of their leader released a ton of held-back mana. It couldn't have been prevented. That just means we'll have to kick their ass the next time we see them!" You said in return. Asta was in agreement, him having been there.