• Twenty Two •

Abbreviations to know:

(Y/N) = Your First Name

  "It's...the captain of the Purple Orcas...Gueldre Poizot"

  The captains' faces all turned into shock when they heard this. Their fellow Magic Knight captain had turned against them

  "Impossible! What are you talking about? They're terrorists that attacked our beloved nation! You'd actually believe what they are saying? As if I'd ever betray the Clover Kingdom!" Gueldre tried to defend himself, but he already knew he would be caught. Nothing he could say now would get anyone to believe this. The other captains started backing away from him.

  "I'd rather not say this, but I've heard a few dark rumors about you." Captain Charlotte began to add on to Gueldre's suspicious behavior.

  "It's not just a few. We've heard many." Captain Nozel added. You were about as surprised as Captain Rill was when he showed that he wasn't aware of the rumors. Sure, Captain Gueldre acted a bit different than the rest of the captains, but you never thought he'd go as far as betraying the kingdom.

  "Come to think of it, I've heard plenty of rumors like that." Even your captain had heard things about him.

  "And apparently, they weren't all false." Captain Charlotte concluded. All of the captains were staring daggers at Gueldre, but he wasn't giving in.

  "Don't be ridiculous! Th-This must be some kind of mistake! I know! They're trying to frame me as a traitor!" Now, he was stuttering. He was on the verge of cracking. You wanted to tell him it would be easier to just confess what he did, but you knew he would just argue.

  "They're only telling me what they know, it's plain and simple." Marx's memory exchange magic only made people tell information that is 100% true, no doubt. Gueldre backed up a bit, not sure of what to say next.

  "Why don't you just let the bowl-cut guy look at your memories. That is if you're really a clean ham." Captain Yami suggested, but Gueldre just looked away. Marx agreed with your captain's suggestion. Everyone pushed forward on him to do it to the point where he was stammering and spitting out random words. It was clear at that point that he was the culprit.

  "So it really was you. Because of you, Captain Fuegoleon was..." Asta started to yell at him, but didn't want to finish his sentence.

  "Why would you even think of betraying the kingdom? You're a failure of a Magic Knight Captain." You took half a step forward and clenched your fists

  "No! This has to be some sort of trap! I'll clear my name! This is a strategic retreat! Transparency Creation Magic: Invisible Great Mage!" Gueldre opened his grimoire, recited his spell, then instantly vanished, mana and all. 

  "He vanished?!" Asta exclaimed.

  "Even his mana disappeared." You said in a softer tone. You heard Captain Charlotte say that all spells will go right through him for a certain amount of time. Again, you heard Gueldre's voice from somewhere in the room. He used a creation spell to make soldiers that were near-invisible to distract you so he could get away. They were more like see-through. You used your binding spell and sent them to an area near you. When they had wrapped around a few of the soldiers, you lifted them up quickly before slamming them back down on the floor, causing them to break. 

  "Hey, shrimp! Go chase after the ham. We'll take care of things down here." Captain Yami ordered Asta. He nodded and began to run to the door.

  "(Y/N)! Come with me!" He turned around and yelled to you.