2. Ambition

Two ravens pushed a hospital bed into the office that used to belong to Harriet Trinh. Now her son sat behind the desk. They pushed the bed in front of their new leader and checked the monitor.

"Sir, he is stable," they told him.

He stood up and walked around the desk. He looked down at the male wolf laying on the bed who had a tube down in his throat to help him breathe.

"Quite remarkable," he said in wonder. Curiosity won and he lifted the blanket covering the male wolf. The stomach was bare so he could see the nasty looking wound. The silver bullet, which they had left in, of course, had turned the wound and the skin around it dark blue.

"He's asleep?" he asked glancing at the IV and the steady flow of clear liquid dripping from a bag attached to the bed.

"In a coma, sir."

"So, he is absolutely under our control? Not in danger to die?"

"Yes, sir. He is totally under control. He won't die without us killing him. He won't wake up without us waking him."

"Good. Now leave," he spoke.

The two ravens left the room.

Earlier he had set up a camera, to be done with this as quickly as possible. Now he walked in front of it and pressed record.

"Good evening. My name is Henry Trinh. I have an important message to the werewolf pack of Blackwood Bay and it's acting Alpha, Shawn Cage. Your real Alpha, Seth Cage, is under my custody."

He changed the camera angle so the hospital bed and the injured male wolf were visible.

"I will contact you again in two days to discuss the details of his release."

Right before he shut down the camera he looked at it under his brows.

"My condolences for your loss."

Pleased with himself Henry Trinh downloaded the video on his computer and emailed it to Shawn Cage. He looked at the wolf again. Why had his mother been so obsessed with these creatures? They were nothing special. Expect this one's mother. Henry had watched the security tapes and seen how Elise Cage's wolf-side had penetrated his mother's security personnel like a sharp knife. That should be impossible for a werewolf especially if it wasn't an alpha. The raven powers were unable to stop her or even slow her down. She had been untouchable. A glorious beast. Seeing her had sparked something in him. He would have let his birds kill the male wolf but because Elise Cage, this useless raggedy dog was now valuable.

"Imagine, my mother wanted me to have your mate as my partner," Henry said. Had he been anything but a raven, that would have been a chuckle. "She wanted us to have children. Little ravens with a hint of protector wolf blood. But mother always lacked vision. She had no real ambition. I, on the other hand, have ambition. I'm not interested in some puny Irish dog when I can have something far more exciting. Lucky for you, I guess."

Henry lifted the blanket again and marveled at the blue wound. He stuck his index finger inside the open flesh. Beeping of the heart monitor fastened.

"Huh. You do feel pain," Henry stated. "Interesting."

*************************************************

"Do we have to do this the same day?" Evelyn whispered. "Haven't we all endured enough for one day?"

Shawn turned a deaf ear. There was no reason to delaying this. It would be gut-wrenching no matter when it happened. Shawn had never in a million years imagined he would have to do this. It had been devastating to see Seth do it after their father's death, and now he had to do it because of his brother. It was not supposed to happen like this. This should have been Seth's son's part.

"Today we run," he spoke to the crowd that had followed them from the graveyard. They murmured in agreement. Their wolf-sides yearned for an alpha.

"We haven't even buried him yet," Serafina sighed.

"There's nothing to bury."

Both Evelyn and Serafina were startled by his outburst. Shawn took a deep breath to calm himself down. They didn't deserve that from him. Serafina had lost as much as he had.

"He's not a Vaara wolf. We can't perform that ritual with him. All we can do is get him a tombstone and give Fay a chance to say goodbye to her mate then. I promise it will be worthy of him. But now the pack needs an alpha. As I said, we run tonight."

*************************************************
There you have it: the second chapter of Killing the wolf.
Seth is alive ❤️
Harriet Trinh's son is creepy 😨

Thank you for reading. Please vote and comment 😊