26.Construction

The further Fay drove, the more irritated she felt. She shouldn't have left. But a thought of someone else - a female, going trough Seth's belongings, stopped her turning the car around. She growled. The loud sound made her own ears ring.

"Hey..." she heard Seth in her mind. He didn't even try to hide the amusement.

"I know, I know! You're fine." Fay hissed back. She squeezed the wheel and her knuckles turned white. It wouldn't have taken much to destroy the wheel with her wolf strengths amplified by emotional and hormonal storm.

Seth remained silent for the rest of her drive. Maybe he realized teasing would do no good now and Fay needed to calm down. 

She parked the car on the driveway, only inches away from Shawn's motorcycle. She pushed the door open and its hinges made and uncomfortable sound. Fay couldn't care less. It was just a car. A pile of metal. 

"What the hell, Fay! You nearly hit my bike," Shawn, who stepped out of the garage moaned.

Fay didn't care for him either. If she had, though, she would've noticed a wide grin. 

"Are you in a hurry?" Shawn asked. 

"What does it look like?" Fay rolled her eyes and run towards the dark blue front door.

She stormed in and flew up the stairs. Seth's door suffered the same fate as the car door, but his scent lingering in the room calmed her down enough to get her frontal lobe to work. 

"Ok... clean clothes," she said as she pulled out a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie. She noticed a gym bag under his bed and folded the clothes in it. As she opened his underwear drawer, she was glad it was she who was doing it and not someone else. She laughed at herself. Was this how it was going to be from now on? Ridiculous jealousy over something that hadn't even happened.

"Deodorant and toothbrush..." she said to snap herself out of her own thoughts. 

She had never been in his bathroom.  After his father's passing, Seth had remained in his own room while his mother still slept in the master bedroom.  So Seth's bathroom wasn't that big. She opened the mirror cabinet over the sink. 

"Guys," she smiled. There was hardly anything on the shelves. How can he look so good with just... deodorant? she wondered. Unfair.

***********************************************************************************************

Unfair was also the fact that she was usually very good regulating her emotion, but as she drove back to the clinic, the feelings run even wilder than on her drive away from Seth.

She sensed him. And what she sensed made her chest feel heavy. But not in a bad way - well not just in a bad way. In every way. She didn't know what she was feeling, because she was spiraling between feeling nothing and feeling EVERYTHING.

Seth sensed her too, but for some reason, he was giving her space. 

That made Fay nervous. First, she had thought there was something wrong with him. But she sensed him and he was strong. So there was nothing wrong with him, and he was just giving her space. She was annoyed. Why would he leave her alone with this inner storm?Why wouldn't he help her? As she parked the car she realized why. 

"He remembers," she whispered and leaned her forehead against the steering wheel. She closed her eyes. Of course, he would remember that. A teenaged Fay in her righteous fury telling him and anyone who would spare a minute to listen, how it was condescending for a male wolf to think it was his job to rescue a female from her thoughts and emotions. "We are not so weak, that we can't handle them by ourselves." she had ended her sermon. 

"I guess it takes ten years apart, getting back together, losing your wolf, experiencing your love's death, getting your wolf back and getting your dead mate back to teach you, you really want a male wolf to meddle with your thoughts and emotions," she said. "If that male wolf is Seth Cage."

Walking back to the clinic, she couldn't help but marvel how far they had come to this point. To the point of her realizing, everything she had thought and believed about the lives of female wolves was just construction of her mind build on truths, half-truths and lies. Her heart started to pound as she understood that she was about to start constructing it again. With the man behind the door,she now stood by. 

Turning the door handle, she knew he was waiting for her. And she also knew seeing him would take her breath away. She opened the door.

"Damn," escaped her lips.