4. Blood dance

Henry Trinh did not, particularly like New York. The never-ending sounds of sirens and car horns disturbed his sleep. And sleeping was one of his only true pleasures. The beautiful state of weightlessness gave him a chance to forget the emptiness that covered him inside out when he was awake.

Once again sleep had escaped hours ago, and Henry Trinh had left the bed. He decided to visit the laboratory. He was pleased his mother had built it, though he had to insist it several times. Harriet Trinh had considered it a waste of money since they owned several research centers around the world. The Trinhs' company Corvus Enterprises was a holding company that owned several subsidiary companies or some of their outstanding stock. One of their biggest sources of revenue was their pharmaceutical company and its several patents. Though they had several research centers with high-tech laboratories all over the world, they could only be used to research and produce new medicine. But here, in this building, hidden from the eyes of humans, they could do something more exciting.

The laboratory was located underground in the basement, under the garage and surveillance floors. 5 floors below the ground floor. As the elevator reached the right floor, Henry placed his hand on what looked like a black glass square. A red light appeared as it scanned his palm. The doors opened and Henry stepped out. The space differed immensely from the floors above the ground. Here the walls and floors were uncovered concrete.

Behind the corner from the elevators were double doors. The kind that could be found in a hospital operating room. Henry pushed them open and noticed the room was empty. On the opposite wall from the doors, there was a row of glass-doored refrigerators with thin metal shelves. On the shelves, there were little glass vials labeled with different symbols and codes. Henry eyed the shelves and let his gaze fall on an empty one. That had been his mother's biggest mistake. She had acted too quickly. A serum that their scientists had been developing for almost 23 years, was used on Fay Holloway, for no great reason. Henry understood his mother had thrown away a crown jewel. She had lacked vision. They could've done great things with it, but now it was nothing but on ordinary weapon. The research and development process hadn't been completed yet. Of course, the scientists would keep working on it, but now the dogs knew something like this existed. 

"Such a shame,"  Henry spoke out loud. 

His eyes traveled further on the row of vials. They landed on ones that had ZEk90 on their labels. Henry opened the glass door and picked one. There were metal cabinets by the wall to his left. He opened one and pulled out a sterile syringe and needle. With experienced hands, he attached the needle onto the syringe. Holding the vial upside down, Henry filled the syringe with the light green liquid. Out of habit, Henry rolled up his left sleeve. He injected the needle into the crook of his arm and slowly he pushed the liquid into his vein. 

This, in addition to sleeping, was one of his only pleasures. 

Henry would have a few minutes before the effects would kick in. He threw the syringe and the needle into the bin and walked to the next room that was behind a door covered by a transparent plastic curtain. There he could lie down on a hospital bed and enjoy ZEk90 doing its wonders inside his body. The lights above him started to dance and he let out a content moan. 

His mind started to fill with Elise Cage's animalistic movements. She ripped apart ravens without stopping. It was like a beautiful gruesome choreograph. Her bloody body danced with the lights above him, her eyes never leaving his. Henry reached out to touch her, but she was always a few steps too far from his reach. The beautiful savage teased him with her monstrosity.

When the chemical started to disappear from his nervous system, Elise Cage faded away and the lights stopped dancing. 

For the first time in his life, Henry Trinh yearned for something. Something that Elise Cage's blood dance on the surveillance videos had woken in him. Luckily he wouldn't need Elise Cage to fulfill his yearning. There was someone else who would do just fine.

She would dance for him. He would make her dance for him.

*********************************************************************************************

Hey lovelies!

This Henry Trinh dude is giving me the creeps!  But I liked writing this chapter because I wanted to reveal a bit more about the ravens and especially about the Trinhs. Harriet left quite an empire to her son. 

Thank you for reading!

Thank you for voting!

Thank you for commenting!

Stay away from ZEk90!!

M