15. Visions

"But I could also do this," Henry Trinh said. He looked deep into Serafina's eyes and the cabin around them started to fade away. She found herself at a beach with a surfboard. The beautiful turquoise ocean spoke to her inviting her to dive in. It was her heaven. A group of people walked towards her. She didn't know them but they felt familiar and significant to her.

"Alpha," one of them spoke lowering his eyes out of respect.

"Yes?" she noticed saying.

"Your brother, Alpha Seth called. He needs your help. He asked you to call him as soon as possible."

Serafina blinked. This is not real, she told herself. But the people seemed so real. The beach... she could feel the sand between her toes and the salty scent of the ocean in her nose.

"Isn't this your deepest yearning?" she heard Henry's voice and then he appeared next to her looking out of place in his black suit and alligator leather shoes.

Serafina didn't want to answer. She had never admitted it even to herself.

"You love your brothers, but at the same time, you resent them for having something you can never have. And they did nothing to deserve it."

Serafina felt his eyes on her but refused to look at him. Instead, she marveled at the ocean in front of her.

"You made a mistake," she said.

"A mistake?"

"There are no packs in Hawaii."

Henry chuckled. You do have emotions, Serafina thought.

"True. I'll fix it," he said. The beach transformed. The lush greenery behind them changed into fewer palm trees and dry land. The sand strip narrowed and rock arches rose from the ocean.

"Better?" Henry asked.

Serafina realized it was Northern California.

"Isn't his Finnigan's territory?" she asked.

"Now, yes. But it could be yours."

"Mine?"

"I could give it to you."

"Could you?"

"Yes."

"Why would you do that?"

"I'm not saying I would do that. I'm saying I could do that. I have the power."

The wind started to blow. It blew away her surroundings and the cabin appeared again.

"I have the power to destroy your life and the lives of those you love. But I also have the power to give you what you want and make your life wonderful -make all your dreams come true," Henry said sitting on the armchair.

"How has this anything to do with having my brother back?"

"It has everything to do with it, Serafina. Before we negotiate, you need to trust me when I say, you will lose if you even try to betray me. But if you work with me and keep your word, meeting me is the best thing that has ever happened to you. Do you understand? Do you trust me?"

How was she supposed to answer? She did not trust him nor his words. And she refused to think he could bring anything good to her life.

"I don't believe you," she said unsure of whether it was a good idea to rebel against him.

Henry frowned.

"If you want me to believe you, you have to prove it to me. Right now, all I know is you shot my brother with a silver bullet and you keep him unconscious with the bullet still in him, so the wolf in him can't heal him. I also know that you forced me to meet you alone and here you are... graciously demonstrating how you could rape me, hurt me and play with my memories and emotions," Serafina spoke growing bolder with every word she said. "So I don't believe you could ever be the best thing that happened to me. You are just a bird of ill omen."

"Maybe this will change your mind," Henry whispered. He stood up and walked to her. Serafina flinched as Henry placed his fingertips on her forehead. He closed his eyes and pressed his lips tightly together.

Serafina felt a warm sensation go through her body from head to her chest. If she hadn't been sitting, her legs would've given out. After a while, Oliver appeared on her mind. Her chest was filled with hurt and disappointment - and longing.

Henry opened his eyes and pulled his hand away. He kneeled down before Serafina. She didn't try to get away from him as he took her hands into his. The strange emotional pull was too strong.

"I knew it," he spoke with a low voice. "He keeps breaking your heart."

Serafina swallowed. She had never experienced such intimacy with anyone before.

"I can make it go away," he said. "Do you want me to do that?"

The wolf in her woke up and started to panic.

"He's my mate," she said. Having a mate was a sacred thing to her - no matter how many times the boy disappointed her.

Henry placed his fingers on Serafina's forehead again and the familiar sensation traveled through her again.

Her vision was covered with something. She touched it. Burlap. She didn't want to experience this again. The wolf in her growled as Oliver's words rang in her ears and the scratchy fabric was pulled away from her head.

"Surprise!"

The glass window was lightly tinted but she could still see who was standing at the window in the building on the other side of the road.

"What is it with you female wolves?" Oliver's teased. "You think you are strong yet you are so easily played."

"Let go of me," Serafina closed her eyes and mumbled. She hated him so much. How could a mate humiliate her like that? Make her think he wanted her just to use her in his stupid mission to distract Fay Holloway.

"Serafina," this time Henry's voice ring in her ears. She was still in New York in some office building, but now Oliver was gone and Henry stood in his place.

"What?" she snapped.

"I can change this. I can make it go away."

"He's my mate," Serafina whispered.

Henry looked torn like he was thinking should he say what he was about to say.

"Serafina... He is not your mate."

"Stop it," Serafina said. "Stop lying and playing with my head."

"Are you talking to me or to the boy?"

Irritation grew too strong to hold it in. Serafina slapped Henry's cheek. Her triumphant smile faded as she realized it hadn't happened because of her wolf strengths and speed. He had let her do it.

"Please, stop," Serafina whispered.

"I'll prove it to you," Henry said. "If he is your mate there is no way, you could feel this."

Henry swept his hand in front of Serafina's face. The wind that had blown away the vision of the Californian beach, stormed in her mind. She felt disoriented and her thoughts and memories were flying around in her mind. As she tried to catch them, they slipped through her fingers. Suddenly it was calm.

"Look at me," he said with a voice that made Serafina's body freeze. Hesitantly she opened her eyes and met the raven's dark eyes knowing what she'd find in them.

It took her breath away.

***********************************************************************************************

Hey lovelies!

It was so much fun reading your comments about the last chapter! I'm glad it stirred your emotions and got you all heated up. I must confess, writing Henry is one of the most rewarding things ever. He is twisted and mysterious.

Thank you for reading, voting and commenting!!!

M