31. Alpha

Fay's phone peeped. She didn't read the message other than the first three words: Attention pack members. She put the phone back on the nightstand. She wasn't angry anymore. She was dissapointed and a little bit afraid. 

She could hear familiar footsteps in the corridor. They stopped at her door. 

"Can I come in?" Seth spoke into her mind.

"Sure," she said with a sarcastic undertone. 

Seth opened the door and closed it behind him. Fay kept staring at the ceiling even when Seth sat on her bed and lightly brushed her hand.

"You have a mate who has shortcomings and weaknesses. I'm not perfect - far from it," he said running his finger up and down her arm. "I will fail. Time after time. But Fay, I'm asking you to love the imperfect me."

Fay turned her eyes away from the ceiling and met a gentle gaze. 

"Seth," she whispered. "I do love you. I have always loved you. Since we were teenagers and before the mate bond. There has never been anyone for me but you and there will never be anyone else." Fay bit her lower lip before she went on. "That scares me. And you scared me today. What you did, made me think you could really be what I'm most afraid of."

Seth nodded. He remained silent for a while thinking.

"Come sit next to me," he said and patted the space on the bed next to him. Fay wiggled her body up and moved next to him. They were side by side, shoulders touching.

"What I did today, was wrong. It was unacceptable. I need to be better at controlling my alpha side. You have every reason to be angry and disappointed. I am sorry."

Fay let her head rest on his shoulder. 

"I forgive you," she said. 

"Good." Seth put his arm around her shoulders and pulled her even closer. "I want to prove you wrong. I'm not what you fear most. I already did this," he said and turned his other hand her so Fay could see the mark on his wrist. "But clearly you need stronger proof."

Fay touched the mark with her fingertip. It made her smile. 

"Seth... How could you top this?" she asked knowing full well how it must have bothered him to not have his mark on her skin.

"Tonight, you don't have to run with me."

Fay's eyes widened. She must have misheard him.

"W-what?"

Seth chucled. 

"You don't have to take part."

"But that would mean-"

"I know what it means, Fay."

Fay swallowed. She didn't know what to think and feel.

"You wouldn't be my Alpha," she whispered. 

"I wouldn't have power over you," he nodded. "You wouldn't have to submit."

"I don't... I don't know what to say." Fay was breathless. 

"You don't have to say anything. I just want you to know I don't want to force you. It's your choice. You have my love whatever you cho-"

Fay put her fingers on his lips to stop him. Questions in Seth's eyes were replaced with tenderness as he saw Fay gather her courage. Fay kept her eyes on his lips and slowly- very slowly, she leaned towards him. Her lips grazed against his. She pulled away and leaned her forehead against his neck.

Seth chuckled.

"Should I lock the door?" he asked. Fay remained silent for a while. Seth enjoyed listening to her rapid heart beat. 

"Yeah," he heard her muffled reply.

 He stood up and walked to the door. As he was locking it Fay asked: "Are you sure you're ready for this? I mean you just got out of the hospital." 

"Darling, I can assure you, I'm more than ready. I challenged an alpha. I defeated an alpha. I am Alpha." 

Click. He locked the door.

***********************************************************************************************

Oh my goodness, I'm blushing just writing this.  I looooove Seth and Fay's relationship. 

You know what else I loooove? Hearing from you my dear reader :)

Writing is much more rewarding when I can share it with you and hear your thoughts and feelings about my scribblings. 

Ooh Ooh!If you like this story, you should definitely add my upcoming story Q to your reading list! I'll start publishing it after finishing this one. (Which is pretty soon. SNIFF!)

Once again

thank you for reading

thank you for voting

thank you for commenting!

You are awesome!

M