11. Oscillate

Strange things started to happen after Serafina sent her last email to Henry Trinh.  First, Oliver decided to show up despite Seth's not-so-friendly orders to stay away which Shawn kept reinforcing. He demanded to meet her and nearly ended up fighting the Alpha fuming with the protectiveness of a big brother. Luckily the fight was prevented when Younge and Wilson dragged them apart and Evelyn and Qiana made them sit down and have a conversation. Serafina stayed upstairs in her room. She didn't want to meet him nor show how much he affected her. Let's not lie; she did want to see him. She wanted to touch him, see his smile and experience the intoxicating aura only a mate can experience. But most of all, she wanted to scream at him and show how much his actions hurt her. So, instead of meeting him, she stayed in her room telling herself how she would survive him. 

Another strange thing started to occur during the conversation that had been going on downstairs. The mate pull started to oscillate. For short moments she didn't feel Oliver.  At first, she thought he was messing with her mind using his raven powers, but that wasn't the case.

"Hey, are you alright?" Qiana asked. She was out of breath since she had sprinted the stairs full wolf speed.

Serafina held her hand against her chest feeling the rapid heartbeat.

"Ollie is going crazy downstairs," Qianna continued with a frown. "What's going on?"

"I don't know. He disappears and then comes back."

"Maybe I should take you to the clinic," Qianna said. 

"No, no. We don't have time for that. We need to get Lucy to the airport."

"Someone else can handle that. What if there's something seriously wrong with you?"

"Like what?" Serafina laughed. It was actually quite liberating to not feel the mate pull during the short moments.  

"Like... a stroke," Qiana more asked than answered. She knew vascular problems didn't weaken the mate bond nor pull. Nothing did. Except for the serum that had destroyed Fay's wolf-side. 

"Physically I'm fine, so no clinics for me," Serafina said and her eyes told Qiana she would not change her mind.

"Fine. Just tell me immediately if it gets worse," Qiana sighed. 

"Yeah, yeah. Is Lucy ready?"

"Yeah. She's at the clinic with Fay. But she's ready and waiting for us to give her a ride to the airport."

"I still fear this might be a bad idea. We're are sending a human there. Alone." Serafina sighed.

Qiana nodded. She had the same fear. The only good thing about it was that ravens couldn't manipulate the human mind. But - there were other things they could do to Lucy. 

***********************************************************************************************

Lucy had been given strict and detailed instructions on how to act and what to do. Now she stood at the lobby going through every little detail in her mind. Shiny gray walls and floors reflected her image. The elevator doors opened and three raven men stepped out. They all wore black trousers and shirts and jackets touched their knees. Intense yet distant looks never left their eyes. 

"Miss King, please follow us," one spoke. His voice made Lucy hold her breath as it pierced her whole body. 

One of the ravens walked before her and the two followed behind. Before they led her into an elevator they asked her to lift her hands and one patted down her body. He found nothing. The elevator ride up was silent. Lucy thought about taking a glimpse at the men surrounding her but decided to keep her eyes down on the floor.  

"What am I doing?" she asked in her mind. Why had she suggested this and volunteered? All for the sake of a male wolf. 

She nearly asked the ravens to take her back, but Fay's tired grief-filled eyes appeared to her.  Loyalty and love. 

***********************************************************************************************

"She's there!" Evelyn yelpped as Lucy appeared on the camera. Everyone stepped closer to see what was happening. 

Lucy looked at the camera and gave a small nod. 

"Is she alone?" Shawn asked. He was standing and leaning against the desk. He had tried sitting down but had got up. He was too nervous to stay sill. 

"I haven't seen anyone else," Evelyn said. It had been her turn to monitor the video. 

Lucy turned her back to the camera and walked closer to Seth's hospital bed. They followed her every move hoping she remembered her instructions. Lucy leaned over Seth's unconscious body. She placed her two fingers on his neck. She gave the camera another nod. Lucy leaned closer to him. She whispered into his ear and lifted the blanket. She didn't hide the gasp of shock that escaped her lips. Though they could not hear her, but they could read her body language. 

"Shit," Shawn growled. "It's gotten worse."

Lucy took deep breaths and her body started to relax. She pulled out her phone and took pictures of Seth's torso, the medical equipment and the chemicals running down to the IV.

Qiana's phone vibrated.

"I got them," she whispered. As she was about to text her back, her phone started to ring. 

"Dr. Jacob? -- What? -- Fay? -- She what? - -  Ok, I'm on my way!"