Blood in the ocean - Part 3

There had been no werewolves anywhere. Even their scents were almost completely faded away. There were also no humans in sight. Understandable, since it wasn't even dawn yet.

Rebecca, who was driving the first car turned to a narrow dirt road, that led to the park's parking lot. Serafina followed her and parked next to her. Before getting out of the car, she pulled out a Borders paper bag. After landing they had bought several guide books of the area's national parks and trails.  She placed them on the dashboard.

"Ok, ready?" she said and looked at Qiana and Norah who were sitting on the back seat. She still had her doubts about whether it had been a good idea to take Norah with them. The sorrow was still fresh in her eyes. But she had insisted.

"Yes. Ready," Qiana said. Norah nodded too.  They stepped out.

Lucy, who had traveled in Rebecca's car walked to them. The human had a little too excited smile on her face. Serafina could smell the adrenaline.

"Nail polish remover or gasoline?" Lucy asked.

"You think I'd let your human lungs breathe gas." Qiana snorted. "I have treated enough-"

"-cancer patients," Lucy finished her sentence. "Calm down doctor, it was just a question."

"Yeah, yeah... Just get to work," Qiana sighed.

They opened all the doors so the air run through the cars. After that only Lucy would be near the rental cars. The female werewolves stood far away and watched as she opened Rebecca's car's trunk. She lifted a red canister out. It was quite heavy, so she had to use both of her hands. After placing it down, Lucy untied the scarf she had around her neck. Just in case, she rubbed it against her bare human skin. Then she opened the cap, stuffed a small part of the scarf in. She pulled it out making sure it wouldn't stain her clothes.

"Start with the front," Qiana instructed her.

Lucy placed the damp part of the scarf on the steering wheel. She wiped it. Then she moved on to the seat. With a gentle touch, she patted it making sure to not get too much moisture on the fabric. Then she moved on to gear selector, dashboard, and inside of the door. She paid extra attention to parts that had been touched by a werewolf - in this case, Rebecca. 

"Get some fresh air, before the back," Qiana moaned. There were dangerous particles flying inside the car and she was worried about Lucy's human lungs. Lucy just rolled her eyes.

"I'll be fine. We humans don't break as easily as you think we do," she laughed before moving on to the back of the car.

"Fay is going to kill me, if something happens to you," Qiana moaned. 

Serafina looked at these two creatures, one at the time. They had a bond - something she hoped to have with someone. Maybe someday. But during their flight to the East coast, she had realized the chances of her surviving this was next to none. Looking at the two of these women, a human and a werewolf, she made a promise to the universe. She would sacrifice herself if it meant saving them.

"I'm going to take a look around," she said silently. She didn't want the others to notice her melancholia.  "I'll be back when I smell the nail polish remover.

Plants and trees smelled and looked different here, Serafina noted. At home, everything was lush. Here she could feel the dryness of the ground under her feet.  But there was something beautiful about her surroundings especially as the dim rays started to paint the hay and the few trees with soft light. Though she had never physically been there, she recognized the land. Unfortunately. Henry had shown it to her in her father's cabin.

"I could give it to you," he had told her.

A thought of being the lord of this land intrigued her. Out of her mother's horror, she had wanted to be a leader since a little girl. Even so much, that she had to fight the overwhelming mix of love and resentment towards her brothers - who had just happened to be born males.

Serafina had never clung to Henry's suggestion - or whatever it was. She felt it was more blood in the ocean than reality. Her chest was heavy. Her daddy had talked about blood in the ocean all the time. Many pack members even had it tattooed on their skins. Shawn had it. Of course, he did. It made him a good tracker.

"Blood looks green deep underwater. But it's still blood. Never let green blood fool you," she had heard many times while training with other young wolves.

The smell of nail polish remover hit her nose. Their green blood. It was time to start.

***********************************************************************************************

Ok, here it is! The last part of Blood in the ocean chapter. The next chapter's name is Green blood. Spoiler alert: things are about to go BOOM!

Please vote.

Comments are heaven <3

M