38. Green blood - Part 1

Finnigan's cabin was 8 miles away.  They knew sooner or later they would face guard-wolves. They hoped to stay in their human form as long as possible. In their wolf forms, they couldn't communicate. Qiana's phone vibrated. 

"Lucy's there," she whispered. 

"Good," Serafina said. 

The narrow path had disappeared and now they were walking where no humans ever went. They had to use their hands to move the branches blocking their way. Soon there would be no tall enough bushes and they would be out in the open. Before stepping out of the bushes, they stopped and lowered themselves on their knees.

"Lucy?" Serafina asked. Qiana opened Instagram. Lucy was live. To everyone else, the human on her live Instagram story looked like any other hipster girl. She knew exactly how to pose and hold the camera. But what Qiana saw was a perfect view to the opposite shore of the bay, especially after Lucy placed the phone on a stand and started doing yoga. On the opposite shore was Finnigan's cabin. 

"She's alone," Qiana whispered. "Let's wait here a little longer."

Five minutes passed. Qiana had her eyes glued to the screen while others scanned the surroundings and the wind direction. 

***********************************************************************************************

It wasn't easy to come across serene and namaste AF when all she could think was the anticipation. The anticipation of facing guard wolves. In addition to that, she had a headache caused by the stench of nail polish remover. After all, she had driven the car soaked in it for over fifteen minutes. She had lost count what number down-facing dog it was before she heard footsteps. 

Several footsteps.

She moved her head a little. Although everything was upside down, she saw three men approaching her. Judged by the way they walked and how huge they were, they weren't human. 

"Here we go," she thought. Breathe in. Breathe out.

As the men got closer, she realized they weren't guard wolves. She noticed tattoos on their dark skins. 

Serene and namaste, she reminded herself. And as a dumb human, she visible startled when one of the men started to speak. 

"Oh, Qiana," she sighed in her mind as she rosed from her yoga pose to face the men.

"This is private property," one of them spoke. 

Lucy frowned. She bit her lip hoping to look dumbfounded.

"I'm sorry sir, I didn't see any signs," she said. 

The man ignored her reply.

"What are you doing here?" he asked instead.

Shoot! They are not on camera, she realized. 

"What do you mean what am I doing?" she asked. Do not sound defiant or sarcastic, she reminded herself. Fay had thought her that. Male wolves did not like that. Their egos were fragile. "I'm doing yoga..." she said. And is if she had forgotten the live stream, she suddenly remembered the phone on a stand. 

"I'm live streaming on Instagram," she said. She turned the phone as if she was filming herself. In reality, she was making sure the women would see who she was talking to.

"Hey beautiful people, I'm sorry for this short interruption, but these..." she pretended to count, "three men," she giggled, "hunky men, are telling me I'm on private property. I'll just deal with this really quick and come back to you. Namaste, my friends," she smiled. She pretended to switch off the live stream and put the stand, in which the phone was still attached to, on the ground. She made sure they were still on the camera. Two other men were circling her car. Nodoubtly picking up the scent. They gave the man who had talked to her, a small nod.