Epilogue 4: One month after the wolf was killed

Fay opened the door of a warehouse on the outskirts of the town. The loud noise of a circular saw greeted her and she covered her ears. The air smelled like timber and sawdust. Seth had his back facing her and his full focus was on whatever he was doing. Fay smiled. It had been a long and tiring month - especially for Seth. When Fay had woken up, Seth's side of the bed had been empty. And she was fast asleep hours before he finally crawled to bed. Now seeing him doing what he loved, made her happy. His mind far away from all the ugliness Finnigan had caused.

Her scent reached him and Seth turned off the saw. He turned to face her with a boyish grin.

"You're not supposed to see this before it's ready," he said.

"See what?" Fay smiled. She tried to see what was behind him, but could only see sawn lumber.

"Nice try Holloway," Seth laughed. He took off his eye protection glasses and walked to her. He pulled her into a bear hug and lifted her from the ground.

"You're in a good mood," Fay laughed.

"I am," Seth agreed. He placed Fay back down on the floor but kept his hands on her hips. "This," he said and nodded towards the circular saw, "is me."

"Yeah?" Fay smiled.

"Yeah," he nodded. Then that boyish grin came back. "I'm good with wood."

"Eww, stop," Fay laughed and play punched his arm. "You're gross."

"No, Holloway. Just stating a fact," Seth laughed too. Fay rolled her eyes but didn't even try to hide a smile. Joking around and having Seth call her Holloway, felt good. Actually so good, that she had a hard time remembering anything better existed.

"So is this something I can expect from now on? You having time for something else but work?" Fay asked.

Seth wrinkled his nose.

"Do not speak of that repugnant thing here, woman. This is a temple of good times. No worries, no responsibilities. Just freedom."

Every werewolf Fay knew had that one almost sacred thing. That thing that helped them forget, even if for a short moment, that they were more than just humans. And the constant struggle between these two sides of your existence. For her father, it was watching sports. For Qiana, science. And for Serafina, surfing.

Fay looked around. This was it for her mate. Here he was not Alpha. Nor a wolf. Here he was just a guy named Seth, who wore eye protection glasses and was good with wood.

Fay let her mind play with a thought of them being nothing but Seth and Fay. Human. What would've their life been like?

Human love. Seth had offered that to her when they thought nothing else was possible.

But now as she looked at Seth - her Seth, Fay knew human love wasn't enough. Her whole being was thirsty for the ocean so a small water drop would not be enough.

"Fay?" Seth said with raised eyebrows. "What's wrong?"

Suddenly Fay found herself breathless.

"I'm scared," she whispered. First, she could see the worry in his eyes and body tensing. But within seconds she felt his calm protective aura all around her.

"Your heart is safe with me."

His words inside her mind caressed her soul. Her human heart was safe and loved. But what about her wolf side? It was time to stop killing it. It was time to let it live.

"Seth..." she whispered.

He knew she was trying to find words, so he didn't rush her. Fay leaned her head against his chest and inhaled his scent.

"I want to run with you. Tonight."

***********************************************************************************************

Fay and Seth lived a happy life together. It wasn't always easy. Relationships are not always easy. But every time hardships appeared, they knew what they had was not just human love. It was deeper and more abiding - not just feelings.

He never left her side - not even when she didn't deserve his love.

She never left his side - not even when he didn't deserve her love.

They had two children. Lucas and Rebecca. Unlike her own mother, Fay got to see her children grow up.

Day after day Seth proved her fears wrong. She didn't have to lose herself - her purpose. Fay spent her whole life fulfilling her destiny. She helped hundreds of she-wolves escape abuse and build a new life. She-wolf pack was with her every step of the way as she built safe houses around the country.

Seth spent his life building peace. He followed his father's footsteps with a humble mind always remembering that leading was serving.

Fay Holloway Cage died in the arms of her mate at the age of 87. With a smile, she took her last breath as Seth hummed Bon Jovi's You give love a bad name.

Seth Cage's broken heart couldn't beat much longer without Fay. His last word was...

Holloway.