Chapter 40

Mason had come back into the waiting room and hadn't said a word. He kept nervously looking at Joseph, the door, the floor and back at Joseph again. His faced was flushed and his hair was shiny from sweat. No one could work out what was wrong with him.

And then Felix walked in and looked straight at three of his siblings. He ran over to them, pushing people out the way and pulled them into a hug, ignoring their questions and worries.

After a minute or so, Mason pulled Felix aside and the two youngest siblings were left alone again.

"How long has it been?" Isabella asked.

"You asked me 2 minutes ago. Work it out yourself." Joseph snapped back.

"I'm worried." She whispered. "I don't want them to die. I won't know what to do." She stared forward and another little tear fell down.

"Hey, the doctors are going to do the best they can. Leo's been shot before, remember?" Joe tried comforting her and then regretted it.

"Yeah, I do, Thanks Joe." She shuffled away from him. He sighed and let his sister be alone for a while, hoping that's what she needed.

———
"Do you know?" Mason asked as soon as they were out of earshot of anyone, looking back at Joesph and Isabelle nervously.

"Know what? I'm not in the mood, I just shot my brother so get on with it so I can find out what the fuck is taking so long." Felix looked around for a doctor and then Mason slapped him round the face. He turned back to face him and growled, starting to talk before Mason interrupted him.

"Listen to me! Do you know what Dad did? Yes or no?"

"He fucking betrayed us, that's all I need to know." Felix snapped.

"Ross. Italian Mafia. Know who I mean?" Mason asked, raising his eyebrows when he caught his attention.

"What about him? What did Adam do with him?"

"Dad sold Joseph to his daughter and then went to meet him to stop it happening and then got Jasmine pregnant." Mason spat out before Felix interrupted him again.

"HE DID WHAT?"

A few people looked their way so Mason pulled his arm a little further away and turned their bodies. He didn't need any busybodies finding out about this.

"Calm down! Do not make a scene you idiot!"

"If he survives this I'm gonna kill him! And he's gonna stay dead this time."

"No. You're not going to do that. I will lock you in a cell if you do. We need to fix this. And no one else can know."

"What about John?" Felix's face fell. It was becoming all too much for him. How could he be a father and a brother and a leader all at the same time whilst fixing his father's problems?

"Do you trust him?" Mason asked as Felix frowned.

"Do you not?"

"I do, I was just asking." Mason shrugged.

"Well I do, so I'm going to tell him because he's older and probably knows more about Ross than us." Felix told him and he nodded. "Who told you, anyway? How do you know you can trust them?"

Mason sighed before answering. "Jasmine."

"Are you kidding me? Dad got her pregnant and you trust her?"

"If you don't trust her than at least trust me. I know she's telling the truth, I was with her 2 years"

"Fine." Felix grumbled.

"Okay."

"Cool."

"Nice."

"Leonardo and Adam Cole?"

"Fuck, omg, it's the doctor. Surgery must be done. Get Isabelle and Joe, quick!"

Isabella's P.O.V:

"We tried our very best, I promise. The wound was too deep, he bled out. He didn't make it. I am so sorry for your loss"

"No. No no no no no no no. That's not true. You're lying! YOU'RE LYING! WHERE IS HE?" I screamed at him, choking on my tears. The doctor stayed still, unaffected by my reaction.

I backed up and fell against Mason. I turned around and curled up in his arms, crying hysterically into his chest.

Joseph sat down heavily onto a nearby chair and put his head into his hands, trying to hide the tears that he couldn't stop from streaming down his face.

Felix punched a wall and yelled out in frustration. He looked around at us and the doctor standing there helplessly and then quickly left. I don't know where he was going but I know it's even harder for him to learn that he killed his own brother.

Leonardo Cole. He was my partner in pranks, the one who would tease me, the one who could always make me smile, my protector, my friend.

My big brother.

He didn't deserve it. He just didn't. And I don't know how any of us are going to cope. How are we going to cope knowing that our brother died and yet my father gets to live, even though he betrayed us?

I just don't know.

~~~

The End.

Thank you for reading. Comment and vote!
-K