Part Twenty One - The Start of the War

(Your POV, standing in front of a strange man, quite literally)
"Why do you think I'd follow a stranger who just approached me from a portal?" You question the man who claims he is Doctor Stephan Strange.

"Because this man, knows about you, I know what happens when you get angry, I know that you where brought up by Hydra, I know that you can kill people with a simple flick of your wrist-" he says seeming to want to continue on the list but you had heard enough. "Alright then Mr Stephan, lets have a chat" you say sarcastically as he keeps a straight face.

"It's Doctor Strange and please follow me" he says as you cautiously step through the portal and almost immediately as you do the normal living room that you could see through the portal switches too a medieval looking sitting room.

(Just think of the room switching like in Thor: Ragnorok)

as the room switches you also notice that you where sitting in quite a comfortable arm chair with a cup of tea in your hand. "How?-" you ask questionably as Doctor Strange looks down at you blankly from where he was standing.

"Your powers endanger human civilisation Miss Barnes" Doctor Strange says as you tilt your head heading the words Miss Barnes "Miss Barnes, that sounds kind of weird, considering that's Bucky's last name, I mean he is my brother, but still" you say seeming to be talking to yourself.

"Would you prefer me to call you y/n?" He asks, you nod your head as a slightly chubby man dressed abnormally walks in. "Y/n this is Wong, Wong, y/n" Doctor Strange says as you nod in Wongs direction, "I have heard many things about you" Wong says happily before walking out of the room again.

"So why am I here?" You ask as Doctor Strange somehow keeps his face blank how the hec? "Like I said before, your powers endanger human civilisation and it is my job to ensure that humans are safe from such powers as yours" he says bluntly, "isn't that the Avengers job?" You ask as he ever so slightly rolls his eyes at you. "No, there job is to protect the world mine is to make sure nothing abnormal enters without permission" he says giving you a petty smile jeesh.

"I'm sorry Doctor Strange but are you calling me abnormal?" You ask as he lets out a rather loud sigh. "Y/n I know a lot about you, I know about hydra, I know about the orphanage, I even know about your visions" he says as you squint your eyes trying to understand how the hec he knew everything. "How?" You question as he rolls his eyes and suddenly your in what looks to be a very fancy room filled with ancient artefacts.

"Think of it like this, this book right here" he says pointing at a very old looking book, "tells me everything about everyone who could possibly pose a potential threat on Earth, so this book has told me practically everything about you" he says as your mouth opens in awe. "That's awesome" you say happily as he nods not seeming interested in your excitement.

"and what's that?" you ask pointing at the green glowing thing inside his necklace. "It's called the Time stone, but it's not why you're here so stop asking me questions" he says abruptly, "teenagers" he mumbles as the room quickly changes again so your sitting in the previous oddly comfortable arm chair.

"Technically I'm older then you" you say signifying him that you heard his snarky comment "Do you have your powers under control?" He questions ignoring what you said previously and looking directly into your pupils intimidating you, "what if I didn't?" You asks as he lets out another small sigh. "I would probably banish you to the ends of the Earth so you are in no harm of human civilisation" he says with a slight chirp in his voice.

You let out a sigh before placing your head in your hands, "yes, I promise you I have my powers under control, my intention isn't to hurt anybody, I want to help people, it's just a little hard when you where brought up by a secret Russian assassin organisation" you say smiling weakly at the man in front of you.

"And your visions? Loki I believe was apart of majority of them, I've met him before, he isn't exactly... pleasant" Doctor Strange sighs as you nod. "Yeah he's been in them, not so much lately, but he's always trying to get me to join his stupid team or he's telling me I'm going to die... yeah he's uh... real pleasant" you say as you relax back into your chair, glad he didn't question you about Thanos.

"Why haven't you told them?" He asks as you give him a confused look, "told who?" You ask as his raises his eyebrows. "The Avengers, why haven't you told them about you visions of Thanos" he says as you feel your chest clutch in fear can he read my mind or something?? "I don't like talking about him" You half lie as you look to the ground.

"Tell me the real reason and what does Thanos say? In your visions" Doctor Strange asks sternly, "Thanos is intimidating alright? It's not exactly easy to just tell the Avengers that a big purple alien man is constantly inside my head telling me I'm going to die because I didn't follow his orders, he looks important, like he's capable of a lot of things yet I can't bring myself to tell anyone about him, if I'm being honest, he scares me, he scares me a lot" you sigh as you avoid eye contact with doctor strange not wanting him to see your emotions.

"You see y/n he is the most powerful being that has ever existed, his power is growing in great amounts and we have been trying to track him down for years but we have been unsuccessful, but you... y/n... you come an extremely close second to his power and existence" Doctor Strange explains as your face drops, "I'm?- no surely not?" You say not wanting to believe you hold that much power.

Before you could respond your phone begins to ring and as you turn it over you realise it's Peter. "I should really take this" You say as Doctor Strange sighs, "be quick, I'll be downstairs, do not leave, our conversation is not over" he says as he walks out of the room closing the door behind him jeesh he really doesn't like me does he?

"Hey Pete" you say trying to sound happier then you actually where, "y/n! Where are you?! We're about to leave for our field trip to the Museum of Modern art? we can't leave without you" Peter asks as grit your teeth forgetting about the field trip.

"I can't make it Pete, tell them I went home sick, let's just say I um... am getting talked to by a wizard dude" you say as you can practically hear Peters confusion. "What?! Are you okay?" He asks as suddenly you hear an extremely loud thud coming from the stairwell just outside the door, "Uh Peter gotta go" you say as you quickly hang up the phone getting out the gadget from your pocket that turns into your suit, just in case you needed it.

As you walk out the door you notice a massive hole in the middle of the staircase and Doctor Strange and Wong approaching it cautiously. Your mind buzzes with confused thoughts as you slowly approach the hole.

once you get close enough to see inside of it you notice a man who is slowly fading from the colour of green, he looked oddly familiar? Like someone you had seen from the Avengers file you had overlooked in hydra.

"Thanos is coming" he sighs heavily seeming extremely tense, "th-thanos" he repeats as you blink, god it had been a confusing day.

Suddenly your head wreaked of splintering pain as your knees buckled below you, you let out a small cry as Doctor Strange came over to you concerned.

Suddenly your eyes blinked furiously until you where inside another vision, yet it seemed more real then usual? It was Loki oh god, o-oh no and Thanos, Thanos had Loki by the neck... he was killing him... it was like your connection with Loki was slowly being lost.. but Loki wanting you to watch it.

"you will never be... a god" Loki chokes out before his face goes blank and your vision goes fuzzy as you felt your connection with Loki slowly drift away... he was dead.

Your eyes slowly blink back to reality as you look up to see Doctor Strange hovering above you.

"Loki... h-he's dead" you choke out, your body shaky and weak.

Betcha can guess that the start of Infinity war has happened ;)