Part Twenty Seven - We're in the Endgame now

"Part of the journey is the end"

"I lost them, I lost the kids"

"No amount of money could of brought them back"

"Don't judge people by their worst mistakes"

"Some people move on, but not us"

"We lost, all of us. We lost friends. We lost family. We lost part of ourselves. This is the fight of our lives."

(Tony's POV, 2023... 5 years later)
"You done?... yeah?" I say to Morgan as we finish our juice pops just after I had discovered time travel.. yeah I did that.

"Here" I say to the adorable 4 year old sitting in front of me as I wipe her face free of the leftover juice pop. "That face goes there" I say as I gently push her face into her pillow, "tell me a story" she mumbles.

"A story... ah once apon a time Morgan went to bed the end" I smirk wanting to get back to my work, "that is a horrible story" she says with a small smile on her face, "come on that's your favourite story" I say raising my voice slightly.

"Please?" She says cutely, god how was I supposed to resist that face? "Fine" I sigh as I rest my face in my hand trying to come up with a short entertaining story that a 4 year old would understand. I let out a small smile as I finally think of one.. she's going to love it.

"Well there was this girl.. a very brave, pretty, smart and kind girl. She didn't have a very good childhood, she was brought up by bad people, who wanted to use her for bad. They liked to call her Caroline, that names creepy isn't it? Sends shivers down your spine. Her real name though was y/n Barnes and she had a brother called Bucky Barnes who was also used for bad but anyway he isn't important to the story and I never really liked him" I say looking down at Morgan's amused face.

"well one day a group of remarkable people found this girl, they helped her, saved her from doing bad. she was loved, she was so loved and she had finally learnt how to be a good person and she used her powers to help others she also so happened to fall in love with that boy Peter Parker, who I told you about a while ago remember?" I explained.

"mhm, but daddy, why have you never talked about her before?" Morgan mumbled obviously realising by now that this wasn't a fictional character.

I sigh before smiling at the girl sitting before me, the girl who reminded me so much of y/n, it was a blessing really. "Because truth is daddy misses her, he gets sad when he thinks of her, just like you get sad when you remember Mr bubble the elephant that you lost when you where 3" I say as she frowns, we don't mention Mr Bubble in this household.

"Anyway she was a very good kid, but then her powers got the better of her and... she.... she was taken for granted... and" I say having to stop myself not wanting to show my emotions, "well she lived happily ever after... in another world... just like Peter.... you know Morgan you would of loved her.... one day- one day if she e-ever comes back, I really want you to meet her" I smile hoping she understood my story, "she sounds really cool" Morgan mumbles, her eyes getting droopy proving that she was, wether she wanted to admit it or not, tired.

"Yes... she is- I mean was- I-uh-.... anyway love you tons" I say as I lean in and give Morgan a kiss on her forehead.

"I love you 3000" Morgan says proudly as I smile at her.

3000

Wow

That's a lot.

(Your POV, the ocean of darkness)
Your eyes slowly blinked open to realise nonetheless that you where still covered by a blanket of darkness.