The lynx

Hetty's pov:
Something goes on with mister Callen, something I don't know about and that has to change right away! Mister Hanna also knows it, but he won't tell me anything that he got told by his partner in trust. Which normally I would appreciate since they are more family than partners, but not if I don't know about it. I always had a soft spot for Mister Callen, ever since I brought him from Romania to America. So how can I ignore the fact that there is something I don't know of. In times like this, you can't be to careful, so with my mind made up, I stand up to go and visit Mister Callen. Maybe then he will trust me enough to tell me of what's going on, or I ran right into what's going on. A sudden appearance of Granger however stoped me from going right away.
„Granger, to what do I owe this surprise visit?" I ask him since he only ever shows up if something happened or is about to happen.
„I just got word that the NAVY lost the lynx." he tells me with worried eyes.
„What do you mean they lost him?" I question right back. It's alarming to think that someone was able to kidnap the lynx!
„Apparently they left after putting in a resignation with a five months worth of notice. They also made sure the second in command could take the lead for the team. still everyone was hoping they could convince them to stay." he says while marching up and down in front of my desk.
„Why didn't we try to make sure they wanted to stay? More money or I don't know, whatever would of helped to made them stay! How could we lose one of our most trusted and loyal asset?" I ask him shocked and slightly pissed of for them to let them leave like this.
„If they would of told us sooner we might were able to convince the lynx to take a job within this office!" a add with a shake of my head. How could our bosses be this stupid and lose someone like the lynx!?
„Apparently they offered them every job there is in the whole NCIS. Now we all are hoping that they are contacting someone to take any offer." Granger says with a sigh before falling into one of the chairs opposite of mine.
„Can't we just contact them?" I ask in wonder. Why waiting? They surely know where the lynx is at the moment.
„This early morning he got contacted, let's just say the lynx didn't appreciate to be contacted at their first day away from the NCIS. Straight afterwards everything there was about them was whitened out or erased completely." he says with a frown.
„I see." I answer slumped back into my chair.
„And Since no one wanted anyone to find out their real name, there also isn't a chance to find out now. I am pretty sure that the former team would know, but they won't say a word about it. Which to be fair was to be expected." he goes on frustrated.
„Mister Beal is pretty good at hacking, maybe he can find anything?" I mutter to myself but Granger also must of heard it since his eyes have lighted up again.
„Only one way to find out!" he says with a small clap of his hands. And with that being said, we both make our way upstairs to the OPS.
„Mister Beale, we would need you to hack a few things to get us some informations." i tell him while he stares at me like i lost my mind. Guess that's because i always keep on telling him to NOT hack anything.
„Is this a test?" he asks me a bit timidly.
„It isn't, we just got word that the NAVY lost someone important, someone named the lynx. We would appreciate it if you could see if you could find something about that name within our database." I tell him in explanation.
„That isn't really hacking but that I can do." Mister Beale mutters to himself. And without any more instructions he goes to work. But like Granger has told me beforehand, the few documents there are all whitened out.
„Can you get the original documents back?" Granger questions Mister Beale with furrowed brows.
„I am afraid I can't. Whoever did this didn't leave anything. Nothing that would get us the originals back nor any traces of who did it or from where." mister Beale tells us in astonishment.
„It's amazingly done! I never saw something this flawless!" he adds in awh.
„At least you are happy with that." Granger growls angrily before leaving the office again.
„I am really sorry Hetty, but there isn't anything I can do." Mister Beale says in apology.
„Of course." I say with a sigh. It would of been to easy. A gasp let's me look back up at the screen.

„Nice to meet you Eric. I am pleased to see you, as every other Hacker, weren't able to replace the documents again. I am hoping that everyone now understands that my resignation was no Joke but meant to be serious. And I also meant it to be PERMANENT! So please tell Miss Lange, of which I am sure was the one who asked you to look for those documents, to tell her bosses that I won't be coming back for as long as I don't want to! I also don't appreciate all those calls nor their going behind my backs!
I always was loyal and I not only once risked my life for the NAVY. So to see the same institution I always put before my life, now going behind my back just for their personal benefit is to be honest devastating. And makes me think that I should of left the NAVY much sooner.
Yours sincerely, the lynx."

„Can you print that please?" I ask Mister Beale after re reading the letter again. To be honest I feel awful. Whoever is the lynx must feel really betrayed from the one institution he/she has put his/her full trust into.

„Is it possible to answer them?" I ask Mister Beale after a minute of thinking.
„I am not sure if they are still there, but I could try." he answers me with a sad look.

„I am very sorry if you feel betrayed from the whole NCIS, especially after everything you have done for us. I am going to talk to director Vance about leaving you be until you are ready to maybe come back, and if you don't ever want to talk to us again, than that's our own fault as well.
Thank you for your service and if you ever need anything don't hesitate to contact me.
Sincerely Hetty Lange."

„Thank you." was the only reply that came before the screen went back to normal.
„A video call to director Vance." I say to Mister Beale. It's time we rethink our prior act of nearly trying to harass the lynx back into the NAVY.