Back to surgery

Callen's pov:
Relieved was the underestimated thing to say of how damn relieved I was and am, to see my beloved wife awake after what had happened yesterday! The doctor once again walked in to make sure that she and our baby are safe and sound. He was a bit worried because the inner bleeding could still start up again, but till now, no more bleeding had happened. Thank god for that!!
I also am beyond happy that Sylvia was on the same page about adopting little Lara into our little family. I have already called the office for the paperwork to be done, so Sylvia and I only have to sign them and then we are officially Lara's parents! Gibbs has helped me to arrange everything and said he would go to shop for his little granddaughter after he stayed for about three hours. Shortly after he left Sylvia fell asleep and little Lara decided to nap with her. Normally I would worry about how tired the little girl always is, but since the doctor explained to me how the medication is the reason for it, i am just going to let her sleep as long and often as she needs to. The only thing I also am watching like a hawk, is how much she eats, because she is way to thin. That's why I make sure to feed her breakfast, lunch and dinner and snacks in between. It's a bit hard for her since she usually didn't get so much food, but Sylvia and I are going to make sure that she gets accustomed to that.
A knock gets me out of my inner thoughts and immediately into protection mode. I however instantly realize that I don't have to worry about any intruders, because Sam and Hetty are the once opening the door.
„Hey! How are the four of you doing?" sam questions while giving me a tight hug. His hug lets me relax even more since it's so familiar and soothing.
„Come on in and take a seat!" I tell them and show them the chairs up against the wall next to the door. After they have taken a seat opposite of me I finally answer Sam's prior question.
„The four of us are doing fine, thanks for asking." I answer Sam with a smile.
„They still are keeping a close eye to make sure there isn't any other internal bleeding. But till now we are alright." I add relieved that finally everything is going alright. At least it looks like it.
„That's really..." Hetty starts to say before she gets cut off by Granger who has thrown the door open with a furious glare.
„Henrietta!! How comes that I should sign a damn adoption paper for Callen and his wife?! Since when is he even married!?" he nearly shouts and asks in pure anger. Hearing a tiny whimper next to me, I quickly grab Lara and pull her against my chest to hopefully sooth her panic that she definitely is in! Her whole body is shaking in fear and a loud alarm starts to blear from behind me. Only seconds after it started I realize that it's the monitor from my wife. Just then two doctors and a nurse came running into the room with worried faces. They all keep talking over each other and to be honest I don't understand a word. Suddenly they pull the monitors off, laying it on the hospital bed, where Sylvia lays on and start to hurriedly push the bed out. That's when I finally woke back up and ask the doctor nearest to me what the matter was. Quickly running along with them in hopes to get some information about what was going on with my wife.
„Her Heart beat was getting really fast, so one or more of her stitches have ripped. She needs to go to the OR ASAP!" he hurriedly tells me while waiting for the elevator. They push her in and I only could watch as the sliding door shuts after them.
„Syvia!!" My Baby Girl whimpers against my chest. Honestly, I have no idea how to comfort her. How should I do it when I myself am in need of someone comforting me.
„It's going to be alright sweetheart! She is really strong! She is going to be fine." i try to reassure her. Trying to stay strong for her, at least I need to put on a strong appearance for her. She still is pretty young and afraid as it is, so the least she needs right now is to see me panicked as much as she herself is. Still standing in front of the elevator isn't going to be good, so I move us back towards the hospital room we currently where in.
„Shh! You will see, everything is going to turn out alright." I whisper into her ear while going. When we enter the room, the three of them where still there. Sam immediately hugs me, minding the small girl in my arms.
„She will pull through this! She is a really strong women and she won't leave you guys alone! Not like that and not ever!!" he tells us seriously before pulling us against him once again.
„You May want to leave!" Hetty says to Granger, distaste clearly to be heard. Sam just makes me sit back down on the chair and when I look back down towards Lara, I realize that she must of cried herself to sleep. My heart again breaks, not only for her but also for my wife and my unborn baby. They are again at risk of dying, and for what? For absolute nothing!
„Are you happy now!?" i seeth out towards Granger. It's his fault! This all is completely his fault!!
„No, I am not! I came here for answers and nothing more! This could of happened any time, so don't try to make me the bad guy! I am not the one who hid his wife for I don't know how many years!" he tells me in accusation. I immediately stand up to teach that asshole a lesson he won't forget!!
„G, he is not worth it! You still have Lara in your arms and i am sure Sylvia wouldn't approve of this either." sam soothingly tells me while slowly making me sit back down again.
„You better leave now before I forget myself!" Sam directs towards Granger in complete hatred.
„Should that scare me or what?" Granger answers Sam with a roll of his eyes.
„That's enough!" Hetty instructs and gets herself between those two.
„You should leave! You weren't welcome here since the start so either leave on your own or I am going to call the security!" She sternly tells Granger while pointing her finger to the door.
„Ph, i am leaving for now. But I demand some answers and I demand them within the next 24 hours or that damn adoption won't get any approval!" he says annoyed. When the door finally closes again, his sentence repeats itself in my head again and again. ....The adoption won't get any approval...
He can't do this! Right? I mean....he just can't!
„I am going to make a few calls real quick." Hetty says after a heavy sigh. Sam who must of seen my inner panic instantly walks over towards me and pulls me into a tight hug.
„No one is going to stand between that adoption! G, Listen!! No one! Is going to take little Lara away from you guys!!" he sternly tells me while holding me at arms length. Slowly I nod my head, he is right. Granger can't do this! And just as I was about to sit back down, Sam right next to me, Hetty walked back in with some papers in her hand.
„If he won't sign them, then I will. So as soon as you and your wife sign this here." Hetty says with a smile, handing me those papers over.
„Lara is officially your daughter! A social worker has already approved of the living condition, so there is absolutely nothing standing in the way of this adoption." she informs us happily, while I only sit there completely dumbfounded. My mouth is standing open in complete shock, my eyes wide. A heavy sigh leaves my lips, this time however a relieved one. Lara is definitely going to be Sylvia's and my daughter!
„Thank you!" I answer her with wet eyes. Now only Sylvia and our baby have to pull through the surgery and then we are completely set to have a happy life.