Arriving at the hospital

Callen's pov:
I had to watch as my wife gets put onto the stroller by the paramedics. Her face was really pale and she was holding her stomach in pain. God, I wish I could go back in time to end Dracul way more slower and definitely painfuller. The small girl that now has a death grip on my neck, looks on with tears running down her red cheeks.
„My faut syvia is huwt." she whimpers into my neck.
„No! That's not your fault sweetheart! You didn't do anything wrong!" I tell her softly and sway us a bit from side to side since she starts to hyperventilate.
„G? We need to follow them." sam tells me from my side.
„Yeah, we are coming!" I answer him and head after him and Gibbs who somehow had found a car seat for Lara. At least it looks like it since he takes her out of my arms and buckles her into it. Normally I would sit up front but I don't want the small girl to panic, that's why I quickly buckle up right next to her.
The drive was short, especially since after two minutes they start to race to the hospital. My stomach turns with the realization that, this means that the condition my love is in is getting worse. When we pull up next to them we watched as they hurry her in with worried faces. I try to swallow my worry as best as I can to not frighten the little girl even more. So I softly take her out of the car seat.
„Let me take that little cutie so you can talk to the doctor!" Gibbs says with a soft smile towards Lara.
„No bad! I good giwl!" she immediately panics.
„Hey! We know that you are sweetheart! I just need to talk really quick with the doctor and then I come right back to you!" I reassure her. And after she looks me into my eyes for quite some time she nods once before lifting her arms towards Gibbs. Who immediately takes her with a soft smile. With hurried steps I walk into the room I saw them take Sylvia into.
„Did she say how far along she is?" I hear the doctor ask the paramedic while getting the ultrasound ready.
„She didn't, she only told me that she was pregnant and right after she lost consciousness." the one closest to Sylvia replies.
„Then let's have a look." the doctor says and lifts her shirt up a bit. His eyes narrow as soon as he sees the bruises on her stomach.
„She has internal bleeding. We need to get her to the OR." he says and the whole room turns towards me to get her to the OR.
„I am afraid you need to wait in to waiting room." the paramedic tells me since he remembers me from before.
„She is pregnant?" I ask in complete shock. He only nods at me once before softly pushing me to the side that the rest of them can get her to surgery.
„How bad does it really look?" I ask him already feeling my eyes stinging for the 100 timed today.
„They are doing whatever is possible." he answers me with a sad frown.
„You have to make sure she will survive. She, she is my life just like the baby in her tummy!" I beg him. With another sad nod towards me, he leaves for the OR as well. Trying to get my head around all of that, firstly she gets kidnapped and now we have to pray that she won't lose our baby! Taking another few deep breaths, before making my way outside where not only Gibbs and Sam with little Lara are waiting, but so are the rest of my team, including Hetty.
„Mister Callen?" Hetty asks as soon as she sees me. However right now I don't want to talk or anything at all to be honest. So I make my way over to Gibbs and softly take little Lara out of his arms and instead hold her close to my chest.
„Hey sweetheart, it's just me. You can sleep a bit, you must be tired." I whisper softly into her ear. And just like that she closes her eyes and was out cold. It shouldn't surprise me since it is already 11pm, so way past her bed time, at least it should be!
„G?" sam asks me quietly.
„Internal bleeding, they try to safe her and our baby." I answer him without looking at anyone. Trying my hardest not to start crying again. Hearing their shocked indrawn breaths only convinces me to just stay on looking at the small girl that Sylvia didn't want to leave behind. I also saw how protective she was of her already, as soon as she started to frantically search for her. Well more like shouting out her name in slight panic, since she wasn't able to stand up with the pain she was in.
„She will make it, she is a fighter, and you know she would never leave you alone. Especially not when you guys are about to start a family!" Gibbs tells me with his hand on my left shoulder. I just nod once at him, before shutting everyone around me out completely. I don't know how long we set like that, to me it felt like eternity. The others kept on whispering to each other, but I just sit there, watching little Lara in my arms sleeping peacefully while we all wait for any of those doctors to come out to me.
„Mister Callen? I know you don't want to talk, and that's alright." she starts to say.
„I however need to ask you, Who is that little Girl clinging so tightly onto you?" she adds softly. Taking a deep breath, I look up to her.
„Sylvia met her where she was hold captive. My guess is that she is related to Dracul because she said something about him being her uncle. We didn't saw her, Sylvia however made it her mission to not leave without her." I tell her hoarse from not talking for however long we may have waited till now.
„Maybe we should call children service then?" she says after a heavy sigh.
„No we don't!" I tell her with finality. How dare she say something like that? With how the small girl looks like her life till now wasn't good at all, so no way is she getting into any foster home where she has to live through the same hell as I had to when I was in her age.
„Alright." she says with her arms up in surrender.
„Maybe we should at least let a doctor check her? She looks malnourished." she softly adds in explanation. I don't really like that idea either, however I guess someone should check if she is healthy or needs any treatment. Slowly nodding my head, Hetty and I with of course little Lara still on my arms, make our way to the nurse desk. After Hetty explains our situation, the nurse hurriedly brought us to an empty examination room.
„So what do we have here?" a younger female doctor asks us with a small smile. Again Hetty took it upon herself to explain why we want to make sure little Lara is alright. The small frown on the doctors face makes it clear that she is sorry for Lara already.
„Give me a second." I tell the two woman not wanting for the small girl to wake up in the middle of the examination. it definitely would frighten her immensely!
„Hey sweetheart. You need to wake up real quick for me, we need to make sure you are alright." I tell her and softly caress her back. I feel the two adults watching me, but who cares honestly. It doesn't take much to get Lara to open her eyes in question.
„It's ok sweetheart. See the doctor there? She is going to check if you are healthy. Is that ok?" I tell and ask her. Her eyes quickly panic but after assuring her that I won't leave she agrees to let the doctor do her job.
It was heartbreaking honestly! All those bruises and marks on her small body. It was obviously that they weren't treating her good in any way or form.
„Alright, I just am going to prescribe her a cream for those cuts and bruises and also some iboprofen to help with the pain." the doctor tells me while Lara has already made it a point to be held by me again. I thank the doctor for everything and make my way back out to the waiting room.