Buying a home

Callen's pov:
It now has been three days since Sylvia had to get back into surgery. Three days of complete and utter joy. The operation thankfully was quickly over and even better complete successful. My dear wife wasn't and still isn't a big fan of her being on bed rest but after some debate she gave in. She signed the adoption papers as soon as I told her about them and we couldn't be any happier with Lara now officially being our daughter. Sylvia thanked Hetty profusely for her help at making this happen for us. I Of course also thanked her, but to be honest I have no idea how we really are going to thank her for that. A simple thank you looks like nothing in comparison to what she had done for us. We already where looking for a bigger house since soon we are going to be a family of four. Of course only online searches were possible because Sylvia still has to stay in the hospital. Still we have one specific one in our eyes. It's close to work, even closer to Sam's house and there are a few kindergartens as well as schools around.
„You need to head out or you are going to miss the appointment." Sylvia tells me with an excited smile.
„I am already on my way love!" I answer her before quickly kissing her goodbye. Today is our viewing appointment for said house, but since Sylvia isn't allowed to come along it's only me to see if the house really is going to be as perfect as the pictures promised.
„Don't forget to make pictures!" she shouts after me with a huge smile. Lara was sitting next to her and also waving at me with a smile.
„I won't! Stay safe!" I say while moving out of the room and the building, where to my surprise Sam was parking.
„Hey! What are you doing here? The family alright?" I ask him worried that something may be wrong with Michelle or his kids.
„They are perfectly fine G. I just thought I come along to see if the house really is going to fit you and your family." he answers me with a smile. Instantly I relax that his family was alright. I mean what else should I of been thinking when I see him in the hospital parking lot.
„Thank you Sam! I really appreciate that." I say and quickly take a seat next to him.
„How are your girls doing?" he asks and pulls out of the parking lot.
„They are fine. Thanks for asking." I answer him. My head immediately back at the hospital room where my two girls are now playing cards. I mean, at least that's what they told me they were going to do.
„I am happy for you G. Obviously I didn't know of your wife for that long, but I honestly have never seen you as happy as you are since you introduced me to her. And now with little Lara and also another baby on the way, you seem even more happy." he tells me with a large smile before turning his face back towards the street.
„They are making me happy. And for someone who always said I don't want any children, I am more than thrilled that I soon am going to be a daddy to two kids." I answer him honestly. It's the truth, I never wanted any kids. Not because I don't like kids, far the opposite honestly. I always was extremely worried that I won't be a good dad at all, but with Sylvia by my side I know that I am going to be the best dad that I possibly can be. Otherwise she is going to hand me my ass!
„We are Here." Sam states a few minutes later.
„I have to say from the outside it looks awesome." he adds with a nod to himself. Taking a deep breath before opening the car door to exit it.
„You must be Mister Callen?" an excited looking older women says as soon as I stepped my foot onto the front porch.
„That's me indeed. That's my best friend Mister Hanna, he came along to help me decide since my wife is still in the hospital." I answer her and immediately introduce her to Sam. I don't need her to think we are trying to pull something on her. Let's be honest, two huge and obviously trained men can be intimidating.
„Oh, of course! Let me show you around." she says after nodding towards Sam with a welcoming smile.
„One Of your biggest worries were the rooms for the children, so why don't we start there?" she says and already starts to walk upstairs.
„This is awesome! I am sure Lara would like that!" I say while examining the bathroom that is attached towards Lara's future bedroom.
„There is the exact same room right opposite from that one. The former owners didn't wanted their kids to fight over who gets the bigger one." miss Sue explains while pointing to the door opposite of the one we currently are in.
„That's Great!! And the parents room is up here as well? I don't know if I would feel comfortable to sleep to far away from the soon to be newborn." I question. Her face lits up at that information.
„It indeed is upstairs as well. Let me show you guys!" she happily says and shows us to the only other door upstairs.
„This is the master bedroom, so it's pretty spacious and also has two closets. One for her and one for him." she explains happy that so far we were completely intrigued by the house.
„As you guys may have seen the downstairs has a pretty open room plan. The only rooms
separat are the two offices and the laundry room." she tells us as we went downstairs again. Looking around, it honestly is even better than we had anticipated! The kitchen is spacious which is a huge plus since Sylvia loves to cook and bake.
„How much did you say the former owners want for the house?" I ask her after deciding that yes, we definitely are going to get that house! It's completely perfect for our growing family and has absolutely everything that we wanted. The garden is even larger than we planned on getting, but that's fine with us. More room for the kids to play and perfect for dinner party's or having a barbecue.
„They currently went down with the price a bit. Right now the house, with everything included that you have seen, is 340.000 dollars." she says matter of factly.
„Alright, I take it! How soon are the papers ready?" I tell her with a huge smile.
„G, you may want to try to get it a bit cheaper. And I know Sylvia loves the pictures on the internet but maybe you should at least talk to her again before buying it." sam try's to interrupt me. I know he means to help me, he is my best friend, my brother. That's why he wants me to think this through, however that isn't that much money. As I told him prior already, Sylvia is pretty loaded. And she is going to love this house, I just know it. So I don't want anyone else to buy it just because I wasn't fast enough.
„I know Sam, but the price is reasonable for the location as well as for how large the house and garden is. And Sylvia is going to absolutely love it, it has everything that we wanted and even more." I tell him in appreciation of his worries.
„So how long is everything going to take before I could move my family in here?" I excitedly ask Miss Sue again. She looks a bit shocked, however quickly shakes out of it.
„I would say next week should be possible. I am going to get the papers ready and you could sign them this afternoon." she explains and after saying our goodbyes and till laters, Sam drives me back to the hospital.