A close call

Callen's pov:
After we waited for another two hours the doctor from earlier came out front.
„Family for Sylvia Callen?" he asks already looking at me.
„Yeah, that's me, I am her husband." I say already standing up with Lara sleeping peacefully in my arms.
„It was a close call that's for sure. However, we got your wife stabilized after a few scares." he tells me with a tired smile.
„She is fine?" I ask again just to be sure.
„She still is up in the ICU to make sure, but yes, she is fine at the moment." he answers me with a nod.
„And the baby?" I question nearly inaudible since I was really afraid of his answer.
„The baby is fine as Well." he says with a smile.
„That reminds me of this." he adds and hands me a small ultrasound picture.
„Since I got told that you didn't knew beforehand, I thought you might want a picture of your baby." the doctor says with a soft smile.
„Thank you! Thank you so much!" I tell him in utter relief.
„You are welcome. If you would like to see your wife I could get you to her." he asks me with knowing eyes.
„Of course!" I immediately answer, not wanting to waste another second away from my wife and unborn baby.
„I figured! This way." he chuckles before showing me the way to her room. Gibbs also went along since he was as worried as I was and also to hold little Lara outside of the room.
„There we are. Please remember that she still is hooked up to a few machines that help her body to relax after the surgery. Also don't try to wake her, since as stated prior, her body needs to rest to make a full recovery." the doctor instructed us strictly before leaving for another patient down the aisle. Taking another deep breath, before softly handing Lara over to Gibbs, surprisingly without waking her. Another deep breath later and a quick nod towards Gibbs, I enter the larger than expected room. Sylvia lays in the middle of the bed connected to machines, which I honestly was thankful that the doctor had mentioned that already. She looks pretty pale. It also looks like she gets a blood transfusion at the moment. Her belly also has wires on, and that's when I suddenly hear one of the most perfect sounds I have ever heard. A Small but pretty quick heart beat that has to be the one of our baby. I slowly make my way next to her bed, where a chair was already placed for her visitors. Softly I take her hand in mine and immediately the heartbeat from the baby gets a bit slower.
„Hi baby! I am your daddy! Don't worry, from now on I am going to bubble wrap your mummy so nothing can happen to you or her ever again." I whisper towards the belly while holding Sylvia's cold hand in mine.
„And Sylvia, Thank you so much for not dying on me! I swear I wouldn't know what to do if I don't only lose you but also our baby." I tell her with stinging eyes.
„Just keep on relaxing, because soon we are having a baby to take care off. And I know that you are going to say that I am crazy, but maybe we could also adopt little Lara. We could give her a real and loving home. She really deserves to be treated like a princess! I also am pretty sure that she would be an amazing bigger sister to our baby!" i go on. A knock on the door let's me look up after another few minutes off talking to my wife as well as my unborn in her tummy.
„I am afraid you need to leave again. She got out of surgery only half an hour prior, so she needs to rest. You could come back around noon." the doctor tells me in apology. I nod at him before standing up and softly kissing Sylvia's unmoving lips and her soft tummy.
Gibbs was still waiting with Lara in his arms in the hallway when I exited the room.
„How is She?" he asks as soon as I closed the door behind me.
„She is really pale and currently gets some blood transfusion, but she is going to be fine." I answer him with a soft smile.
„They also have put wires around her belly, so I could hear the heartbeat of our baby." I tell him , felling my eyes getting glassy all over again.
„That's awesome Callen! I am really happy for the two of you!" he answers and pulls me into a hug, minding the small girl in his arms.
„We should leave so we get at least a few hours sleep before Lara wakes up and we can get back to Sylvia." I tell him quietly while exiting the ICU.
„Can I crash at your couch?" he asks me when we came to a stop in front of the rest of my team.
„Before you guys go all crazy on me." I start since I already see the questions in their eyes.
„Sylvia is stabil at the Moment and they also are pretty sure that she will make a full recovery. At the time being she needs to rest so her body can heal up again." I start and see relieve start to set onto their faces.
„The baby also is stabil, the doctor explained that our luck was that the baby is still pretty small. That's why it didn't get hurt in the womb as Dracul kicked Sylvia's stomach." I add and see them finally completely relax at that news.
„And of course you can sleep at my house!" I answer Gibbs in an duh tone.
„Thank you guys for coming to here and waiting for the news. That means a lot to me. But for now we all should go home and sleep a bit." I tell my team in thankfulness.
„Of course! Just give me a call if you hear any news about Sylvia or the baby!" sam says and hugs me tightly.
„I as well expect a call if there is any news on the wellbeing of your wife as well as your baby." Hetty says with a nod towards me.
„I also took it upon myself to talk to the children service that we have a young girl in our care for the time being. So you can legally keep young miss Lara with you. There also are some items for her at your place already, so no worry's ." Hetty adds with a pleased smirk.
„Thank you Hetty!" i answer her before we all make our way to the cars to drive home.
Hopefully when I open my eyes again Sylvia has already woken up and is completely fine again, just like our little baby inside her stomach.