The call

„Callen's pov:
It now has been a week on this amazing island with the love of my life. Even though we rarely left the bed, the times when we did I always was amazed at the beautiful island and how peaceful the setting was. There are a few sea turtles and even parrots that live in the small jungle behind the house.
„What got you thinking so hard?" My loves sleepy voice asks from next to me. Her arm still around my chest and her head only slightly lifted from said chest to look at me.
„Just thinking of how amazing this week has been till now. The island is really peaceful." I answer her while softly kissing her forehead.
„Have you decided when to call Hetty?" she questions as quietly as to let me decide if I wanted to hear her or not.
„I guess I should call her, you were right. She always looked out for me so I guess I at least should start to talk to her again." I answer her after sighing deeply.
„That's Good." she says and kisses my lips before making her way towards the bathroom.
Sighing once again I walk to the front porch and sit myself on the steps, looking towards the shore. After another deep and relaxing breath, I take the phone Sylvia had given me after her talk with Hetty and make the call I was dreading to do.
„Lange." she answers a bit timidly, which is completely out of character for her.
„Hello Hetty!" i answer, already regretting waiting to call her that long.
„Mister Callen! How are you?" she asks sounding completely relieved.
„I am good. How are you doing?" I say to get the conversation started.
„May i ask where your wife and you are staying?" she asks, her tone saddened.
„I am afraid that's a secret I am not ready to tell." I tell her in apology.
„I see. So I guess congratulations are in place to wish." she says after a sigh.
„Thank you." I say with a soft smile.
„Just to defend myself, only Gibbs knew about my marriage and that also only because the three of us where on a special op together." I add after taking a deep breath.
„I understand. So I guess you saw your wife in that building?" she asks after a second or two of quietness.
„That's correct." I say with a shake of my head.
„That's also why I couldn't tell anyone, and why I kind of lost it in the club." I tell her my eyes fixated on the waves who slowly break at the shore over and over again. It's quit soothing to watch it.
„I never would of guessed the reason for all of this would be a women, especially not your wife." she says with a small chuckle.
„But i have to say that i am really proud of you. Family comes first, that's what our team always was about. That being said, I would of appreciate it if you would of told me about being married beforehand, it would of made things easier." she tells me and I feel myself grow happy for making her proud.
„As i got told repeatedly, I am a bit possessive." I say with a chuckle just as the door behind me gets opened and closed.
„Don't forget stubborn and unreasonable." My wonderful wife adds. Hearing Hetty laugh at that makes me smile a bit easier. I never wanted to hurt Hetty, I just needed to protect my wife, that's what that all was about for me.
„That is something I only can agree to." Hetty says with a smile.
„Oh, after let's just say a few discussions, with Gibbs, director Vance as well as a few higher ups, we all came to the agreement that the treatment towards your friend the lynx was unacceptable. Therefore all harassing has stoped and the ball is now in the lynx hands." she tells us matter of factly.
„That's Good to hear!" I answer in relief.
„It is, since it was made public that a mistake was being made, most of the resignations as well as quittings have been revoked." Hetty adds after a bit.
„I see." I answer knowing where she is going with that information.
„When are the two of you planning to come back?" she asks a bit afraid it seems. Looking at Sylvia, who has leaned her head against my shoulder.
„I don't know, we were planning on staying away for about a month." I answer Hetty with a soft smile. Sylvia looked completely relaxed at the moment and I definitely want her and myself to stay that way forever, or at least as long as possible.
„Alright then. I think you definitely deserve some vacation after everything." she replies softly.
„Oh, Mister Hanna had asked me to tell you to contact him as well." she adds as if nearly forgetting about it.
„Then I am going to call him right away. Thank you Hetty!" I answer him before we both say our goodbyes.
„The whole free the lynx has worked, at least that's what Hetty told me." I tell Sylvia before kissing her forehead softly.
„That's Good. Are you calling Sam now?" she asks me with a smile.
„I should. As far as I know him he is worried sick about us." I reply with a shake of my head.
„Why don't you invite him to here? We could spend a week or so with him and his family. The house should be big enough." she says with questioning eyes.
„Are you sure about it? I thought this island is just ours?" I ask her. I like the thought of spending time with him and his family, however I don't think I want to spend this hideout with anyone.
„We could ask someone to get us to the main island? Book a house there?" she ask with a small shrug.
„That could work. I am going to call him right away." I tell her with a smile.

After getting scolded for not calling sooner, and for making Sam worry so much about me, Sam decided that he would love to fly his family to Jamaika for some relaxation.
When I finished the call my love had already started to pack up our bags once again.
„I called Jamal to see where we could stay at with Sam and his family. He didn't really tell me where we could be staying, however he was sure about it that I would love it there. Jamal also said he would pick us up in an hour." she says as soon as I enter our bedroom.
„Hmm, i know this is going to sound strange, but I am already missing this place." I tell her with a small frown. This place really had something magical about it, something that makes you instantly relax as soon as you get here.
„It's ours, therefore we can always come here." she whispers against my lips. Softly kissing her back with a bit more passion than at the beginning.
„Maybe I should of told him to give me at least another week with you alone." I tell her while pressing her against the wall and myself.
„Jamal is only coming in an hour, so we have a bit more time before we have company." she says while kissing my neck a few times.
„Well then, what are we waiting for?" I ask and press myself even closer towards her.
„I don't know." she whispers back before I attack her mouth.

Let's just say, Jamal had to wait a bit on us to get finished. ;-)