Back in LA

Callen's pov:
Two months is apparently the longest I am allowed to spend with my beautiful wife away from all the bullshit. And no, it's not like I am not thankful that we had those two months together, but seriously! Is it really necessary to call me back because someone AGAIN is trying to kill me!? Looks like it's to much to ask for to be left alone for longer than two months!
„You are going to explode if you keep all those angry thoughts up!" Sylvia tells me softly. I know she hates it when I get so angry that i stop talking altogether. Although what else should I be doing? Those damn Comescus have tried to kill me since I was born! And instead of finally getting over me, they try again and again! Her heavy sigh let's me look over towards her. She looks completely calm, as she flys us back to LA. I know that she has put up her calm expression to make me relax as well, still I see her forehead a bit pinched together in worry. Her thumb also keeps fiddling with her wedding ring. A habit that only ever shows up when she worry's or is seriously pissed off at something. Softly I take her left hand in mine before kissing her wedding ring.
„Whatever May happen, as long as I am with you, everything will turn out alright." I repeat a part of my wedding vow to her. She instantly relaxes and smiles at me with shining eyes.
„And whoever will come and try to pry me away, won't succeed, whatever they may try!" she finishes off with her own vow. This is exactly why I love her that much, because whatever the situation may be, with just a few words she can calm me down immediately. And not only can she calm me down, but she also reminds me that she will never give up on me, just like I would never give up on her.
„I love you!" I tell her honestly.
„I should start to tell you this way more often." I add a bit self loathed
„You tell me daily. And just for the record, I love you too!" she says with love shining in her beautiful green eyes.
„We are about to land. To which house do you want to go this time?" Sylvia asks about an hour later.
„Honestly, I don't care. We could just go to our old one, since we already decided to move somewhere else anyway. Then we at least won't have to look for a new house and a new safe house." I answer her after a shrug.
„Sounds logically." she replies while starting the landing process.

„I should head to the NCIS headquarters to officially report myself back to duty." I say with a sigh, already knowing that she won't want to come along for that.
„That's alright with me. I am just going to call a cab to go home and buy some groceries as well since we don't have anything left at the house." she answers with a smile that doesn't reach her eyes.
„You could come with me as well. Those groceries won't care if they get picked up an hour later." I try to get her to agree to come along, even though I already know she won't change her mind on that. Her only response is a small smile and kiss before calling a cab for herself. Only a minute later the cab arrived and after a quick kiss she left to go home by herself.

„Hetty!?" i shout out as soon as I enter the headquarters since I don't know where she is at the moment.
„Mister Callen! It's good to see you back in one piece." Hetty exclaims as soon as she sees me.
„Isn't your wife with you?" she asks perplexed since I came alone.
„Sylvia decided to go back to our old home and shop for some groceries. What did you guys find out till now?" I answer her with a small frown before asking the most important question.
„G!" a relieved Sam shouts from behind me, quickly pulling me into a hug.
„Nice to see you to Sam!" I say with a chuckle since it looks like he doesn't plan on leaving my side for quite some time.
„Oh, that's a shame. I was hoping to finally get introduced to you wife." Hetty answers a bit sad.
„On the other topic however, Dracul and his three bodyguards are already here in LA." she says after a small sigh.
„Do We know where they are exactly?" I question a bit uneasy. Not because of me, but because my wife is currently running around in LA all by herself!
„Mister Beal said he saw them a few blocks away from your house not long ago." she answers while her eyes get bigger. Definitely realizing where my thoughts have gone to.
„We need everyone up here quickly!" Nell just as planned shouts from the stairway. With hurried steps we make our way upstairs, where my worsed nightmare seems to have come alive. There, on the screen was my old home, infront stands a black van and Dracul just carries my unconscious wife! I hear the others talking all over each other, however I am not able to even move a muscle. I only can watch as that asshole throws my beloved wife in the back, before making his way to the driver side. The engine gets started and then he drives off with my very reason to live! Feeling something wet on my face I slowly reach my hand up, only to realize that I in fact have tears running down my cheeks.
„G!!!" Sams shouts at my while shaking my body vehemently.
„G!!" he shouts out again before I finally get back to myself. Feeling the bile come up my throat, I hurry to a dust bin before throwing up.
„G, don't worry we are getting her back! Do you hear me? We are getting her back!" sam repeats over and over. When the door gets opened again, Gibbs stands suddenly there as well. He looks like he just had seen a ghost before his eyes start to shine in pure murder!
„Callen!?" he says before turning around. Knowing him, I know he is my best chance at getting Sylvia back. Especially after seeing his murderous glare.
„Let's go and visit some old friends!" he says with a sinister smirk. The car that I get into has already sam in as well, but I don't even ask how he got down here so quickly. After a few minutes of driving Gibbs stops, however only to hand out some guns and bulletproof vests before driving off again.
„They definitely overstepped my patience this time!" sam says into the quiet car seconds before we stop in front of an old looking fabric.