Part eighteen

Authors POV

Brent looked at his father confused

"What do you mean, 'how long did you know?'" He asked

He nervously laughed as he thought everyone was going crazy except him.

John looked down as opened his mouth to speak.

But was interrupted by Blossom

"You mean how did I find out mom was a thief?" She said having her father look at her in disbelief.

"Dad... I was 15." She said answering his question.

He looked at her with wide eyes.

"That's how long you knew?" He asked as Blossom nodded her head.

She let go of Brick's hand and walked towards her father. As she started to explain

________________
Flashback...
At Jessica's reception...

Blossom was silent.

She didn't really say a word during the whole funeral.

She was just crying.

She wanted to be alone, away from everyone at least for a good month.

While her father was talking and her brother was getting pity from everyone she slipped away.

She went to her mother's room to see it was no longer a crime scene.

She walked up to the bed and sat down crying.

She didn't sob loud enough since she didn't want anyone to hear her.

She knew something that she's pretty sure the police didn't. That was her mom's phone.

Her dad didn't give the police her phone.

He says. "She wasn't using it the whole day."

That confused her since she say her mom look at her phone before her soccer game.

The game that will haunt her for life.

She went through the drawers as she saw her father put the phone in.

Once she got it there was a password which of course she already knew.

The phone opened to a awkward picture of her and Brent. She laughed as she saw the sight.

But soon that laughed faded as she went through her mom's social media

Soon her eyes went to the messenger app.

She pressed it and noticed that an unknown number was the last person she texted or texted her.

Her curiosity got the best of her and clicked on the unknown number.

Once she got to the messages her body froze.

The first picture she saw was her fathers car. The back of it and you could see her with her lucky bow and her brother messing with it.

She scrolled down to see another picture it was at the game.

It was when Brent and her parents were sitting down waiting for the game.

The last one her saw was a picture of her parents kissing in the yard. Their yard.

This gave Blossom shivers down her spin.

She quickly put the phone back and ran out of the room closing the door behind her silently.

Tears fell from her face.

Why would her father not show the police this. She was going to get the question answered no matter what.

She was walking in the hallway when she quickly heard something and rushed to the wall not wanting to be seen.

She didn't know what she was doing.

She was scared that's for sure.

She soon accidentally hit something with her elbow and the wall moved.

She was shocked but went into the room and tried to shut the wall.

She must of done something because the wall closed leaving her alone in the dark room.

She tried to find a switch. She found it

She was even more shocked as the lit room showed weapons and a red outfit that would cover someone's whole body.

She walked around the room hesitantly.

Looking and touching things as something took her attention.

It was newspapers of a thief called the Red Beauty.

She read it more for her knowing that the Red Beauty was popular. And a very experienced thief.

Why didn't I know her? She thought

Her attention went to a picture...

She soon saw the resemblance of the Red Beauty and her mother.

She stumbled back as the thought of her mother as a thief.

"It can't be..." she mumbled as she realized why this is here.

Her mom was the Red Beauty! Why else would this be here it surly didn't fit in a man.

Did dad know about this? She thought again as she shook her head.

"No! What are you thinking." Blossom mumbled hitting her head for that silly thought.

But that didn't explain about her dad not showing the phone to the police.

She soon ignored that as she read more newspapers.

Her face soon frowned as she thought she would never know her mother's killer but here she is

Finding out her mom's secret.

But now she could. Maybe, just maybe if she tried hard enough she could be just like her mother.

A thief...
____________

Ugh to many flashbacks...