Chapter 2 - Jigsaw Entertainment

Ahri was now 13-years-old; she had been a trainee for 2 years at Jigsaw Entertainment. They scouted her one day while she was singing in the park, playing her new Ukulele that she got for her birthday the year her father died.

She was extremely excited and a bit impatient as she begged her mother to let her join. Her mother was hesitant, with good reason. Ahri was very young, she had just turned 11 and she hadn't gotten over her father's death yet. She was sensitive and her mother didn't want to thrust her into the entertainment business, because of her sensitive emotions.

Seok-Jin comforted her mother, saying that he'd keep an eye on her. He was a trainee in an Acting agency. He was 14 at the time and knew how much Ahri wanted to make her father proud and become a singer.

Her mother was convinced after meeting the CEO of the company . Now that Ahri was 13 they had decided to make her the Maknae of a girl group they were working on, called VXN, pronounced Vixen.

There were only 2 girls in the group so far, both unique and talented. The oldest was Kim Ji-Hiro a rather short girl for her age. She had a small face and full lips. She had a button nose, but she was aggressive and boyish. Ahri immediately loved her. Ji-Hiro insisted that she hated the honorific Unnie or Eonnie as it reminded her of the word underwear for some odd reason. Ahri guessed it was because she was half American that she was so strange. Ji-Hiro insisted that both girls call her Noona or Senpai.

The other girl was Kim Kairi. She was an albino Asian apparently. Her hair was pure white, her eyebrows and eyelashes matching. Her eyes were a silver blue and her cheeks were a pink shade. She looked very thin and emotionless. Her face was stoic but if you looked at her eyes long enough, you'd notice many emotions swimming through them.

Ji-Hiro went mostly by Hiro or Noona, her being a 93-liner made her the oldest member. She could speak fluent English, and she was the group's main rapper and main dancer. She was a Hip-Hop dancer. Her moves were full of power and her small body looked extremely strong when she danced. She lived with her mother and grandmother before becoming a trainee.

Ji-Hiro told Ahri that her father, Kim Gun-Chul, left her mother, Andrea Williams, when Ji-Hiro was born, because she was born a girl and not a boy. Her father's mother took in her and her mother in after that, and helped her mother raise her. Ahri had deep respect for J-Hiro's grandmother, who stepped in as a parental figure after her own son was dishonourable. Ahri assumed it was because the woman, Akuma Kim (neé Nakamura), was a traditional Japanese woman who was conned by her late-Korean husband, Kim Hwan-Gun, before he died in the military. Ji-Hiro's grandmother was a strong fierce and empowered woman who bent the knee to no man, and that was quite admirable to the three young teens.

It took a while for Kairi to open up about her family, but when she did, she couldn't stop talking about them. She gushed about her family so much, that you could see the love in her eyes, and the small smile that tugged at her lips was refreshing.

She explained that her grandmother, Sarabi Abara, was a Black South African woman that was caught up in the war between England and South Africa. Her grandfather, William Black, was a British man that saved her grandmother and a few other children and took them to Great Brittan, not as slaves but as citizens. A year later her grandfather and Grandmother were married and had her mother, who was born an Albino African American female.

This attribute caught the eye of a young Korean photographer. He itched to take her photo but she kept declining telling him that she was ugly and didn't want to be mocked in such way. The man was so shocked that he blabbered out how gorgeous he thought she was.

That was how Kairi's parents met. After Kairi's birth in 1994, her father Kim Heuning took on the name Dante as his photographer name. He took many photos of his Albino wife and daughter but never published them to the media. He kept those photo's on his private Instagram and other private social media's.

Kairi's mother Nala Kim (neé- Black) was a calm woman that was considered cold hearted to those she didn't know personally. Kairi's father was a sweet playful man with the biggest heart Ahri's ever seen. He finds beauty in everything. Kairi's parents complemented each other very well, they were like two pieces of a puzzle.

Kairi was the only one in the group that had a father, so Heuning took the liberty of claiming both of the other two girls in as his own. He treated them like a father would, and it brought tears to both girl's eyes. VXN was a family. So naturally the day debuted, all of their families came together to watch their first music video at Kairi's parents' home.

When the music Video for "Crazy" came out in 2008, it blew up. Their ages were kept a secret so people had to guess which made it all the more interesting. But what stunned not only their families, but fans as well was their mysterious stage names. Ji-Hiro's new stage name was Demon, Kairi's new stage name was Ghost, and Ahri's new stage name was Angel.

Ji-Hiro sported dirty blonde hair and green contacts that occasionally changed to fully black demonic contacts. Kairi sported her pure white hair and silver eyes that would occasionally be whitened out, her eyes were circled by pitch black eye make-up, covering her eye-sockets, which have her a ghostly vibe. Ahri sported flaming red hair and golden contact with smoky eye-shadow. She definitely looked older than the other two.

Seok-Jin was a little more shocked that Ahri was not only singing but rapping as well. He though that she was an extraordinary singer, but now that he heard her rap, he was more than shocked. He knew she'd get a lot of attention now that she can rap, and he was mentally preparing himself to fight off any boys that wanted her attention.

Her mother admired that her daughter had angel wings in the music video, and was sitting on what she assumed was a golden throne. She was a little frightened that they made the sweet looking Ji-Hiro look like something that crawled out of hell though.

The oldest girl at the age of 15 was dressed in pitch black from head to toe and sported some black bat like wings on her back. Meanwhile the 14-year-old Kairi was almost translucent and breaking everything in her sight with her blacked out finger tips.

It was decided that Ghost was the leader of VXN as she was the most level headed in the group, whereas Demon was ill tempered and Angel was too childish. Seok-Jin had met all of the girls before and found them all kind. He had all of their numbers, in case of emergency, and both girls admired his love for his cousin, that he considered his little sister.

He quickly turned into an older brother figure for the other two girls as well, so seeing them look so mature in their music video caused him to choke up. "Why did they make Ji-Hiro-chan look like the spawn of Satan?" Ji-Hiro's grandmother, Akuma spoke up frowning confusedly.

Ji-Hiro's mother chuckled dryly, "That's because she is the spawn of Satan," she answered the woman she considered her own mother after the abandonment of her boyfriend and the father of her child. Both women looked at each other, then clinked their wine glasses together, agreeing.

Seok-Jin and Seok-Jung watched the exchange with raised eyebrows. Seok-Jin couldn't help but think to himself, 'Did she just call her own son Satan?' Seok-Jin just assumed the man was dead or something along those lines.

"So, this is only the beginning," Nala, Kairi's mother sighed. Heuning smiled, "Yep! The beginning of their dreams! Don't worry Honey! It's only a seven-year contract. If she's anything like us she'll be home immediately after! We can't stay apart for long," Kairi's father comforted his saddened wife and giggled childishly at her pouted lips, happily snuggling into her cold neck.

"Eomma! Noona, Cool!" Kai, Ahri's little brother exclaimed excitedly as he watched Ahri dance on the screen. His 6-year-old stature jumping up and down next to Seok-Jin who was holding his hand, smiling at his excitement, warmly.