Chapter 8 - Waiting Room

The thick silence that followed after Kai's confession, was deafening. "Silly girl," Jihiro's grandmother grits out, startling everyone in the room, except for Jihiro's mother who wore a grimace.

"She tired protecting them. She tried hiding it as long as she could, for the sake of the group. I told her not to be so selfless! If she survives, I'm going to kill her!" Jihiro's grandma fumes.

Jihiro's mom just shakes her head at her Mother's aggressive approach, "At least she's not a coward like her father. Be thankful Okaasan," she adds with a frustrated huff.

"Kairi must have found out and kept an eye on her. She must have been too stubborn to leave Jihiro alone," Kim Dante finishes off, placing in the last puzzle piece of what might have happened.

"I can't just sit and do nothing! Andrea!" Jihiro's grandmother yells right in Jihiro's mother's ear, causing the latter to flinch back and glare at her Japanese mother. "I'm going to my lawyer's. I'm shutting down this Entertainment, and I might chop off some dicks on the way. Call me if you find out any news about Jihiro," the elderly woman huffs out and storms out of the hospital.

The group could hear her cussing out some reporters from where they were seated, using some very colourful words, causing even Namjoon to blush.

"Aish... That woman needs a cup of Camomile Tea, with a dash of chloroform, to calm her tits," Jihiro's mother states, boldly.

They were greeted by another silence.

That was until Namjoon's phone started blowing up, causing him to sigh. He knew his bandmates weren't going to stay quiet for long, but he appreciated them trying. Seokjin's phone started going off as well, though he didn't make a move to acknowledge it.

Namjoon excused himself to answer Yoongi's video call. When the screen lit up, he saw all of the boys crushing Yoongi to the coach he was probably resting on. Most were sporting puffy red eyes and others were full blown weeping.

"Aish..." Namjoon sighed to himself as all of them shouted their questions at the same time. He was there for about an hour, trying to get them to calm down. Namjoon was then scolded for the wracked by one of the nurses, and just told them to come to the hospital.

When he returned to the waiting room, he saw a very pissed Seokjin, marching up and down in the waiting room, alone. "Where is everyone?" Namjoon asked hesitantly, causing Seokjin to zero-in on him and start crying again.

Namjoon quickly wrapped his arms around the older boy, comfortingly. "She's okay, but they won't let me see her. They said direct family only, until she was fully conscious!" Seokjin wept.

Namjoon stood, comforting Seokjin for what seemed like forever, when he heard what sounded like a stampede of elephants; but knew it was probably his bandmates. Aish...

"Hyung!" he heard Jungkook, before he felt the impact of said boy, ramming himself into Namjoon's back, making the older groan.

Namjoon let go of the puffy eyed Seokjin and turned to his frazzled bandmates. They looked well, tired. Understandable since it was like, 3AM and none of them could sleep after witnessing that horrible video call.

Seokjin plopped down onto the uncomfortable waiting room chair, with his head in his hands, and no more tears left to cry.

"Hyung? What happened?" Jungkook's voice cracks as he stared at Seokjin, intently. The eldest male didn't move, too exhausted from crying. He probably looked like a mess, but he didn't care. He wanted to see Ahri.

Namjoon's voice became a background sound as he retold the night's events in vivid detail, causing even Yoongi to let out some tears, in grievance to the eldest member of VXN.

"Seokjin?" a feminine voice broke him from his toxic thoughts, and caused him to snap his head up at the nurse that just walked in, "Kim Ahri is asking for you," she informed him.

Seokjin, let out a small relieved sob and dashed after the nurse, wobbly. He felt like he was thrown with a bucket of ice water when he saw a very pale Ahri, laying on a small hospital bed, she had a thick bandage around her head that was supposed to keep her from opening her mouth too wide, her eyes were bloodshot, her broken leg was elevated, and she had an IV attached to her left arm that laid limp beside her.

He nearly collapsed on Kai and grabbed her cold hand, trying to warm it up. A few tears escaped his eyes as he kissed the back of her hand, he was holding back another sob.

"Don't cry... You'll ma-make me c-cry," Ahri hiccupped, her raspy voice cracking, causing her to giggle softly, then wince, knowing she wasn't allowed to laugh because of her ribs.

"Yah... Don't laugh, Pabo," Seokjin scolds her softly, giving her a small tired smile. Her smile dropped almost immediately, "Seokjinnie-Oppa, please, can you go find out if Jihiro Noona's okay? Please?" Ahri basically begged him, tears welling in her eyes.

Seokjin nods and rushes from her room, not stopping when the boys called out for him, and went looking in the other room. It was Kairi's room, she was crying, her father was comforting her, crying as well. Her mother sat with her face in her hand, holding her daughter's hand in her other.

Seokjin moved onto the next room and saw Jihiro's mom Miss Andrea, as he calls her, staring at her unconscious daughter, tears constantly flowing down her fair skin. Seokjin had never seen the woman so broken.

He moved towards her and placed his hand on her shoulder, she looks up at him, with blurred vision. There sat a broken woman.

He looked over at Jihiro; she wore a white neck brace and had an oxygen pipe down her purple throat. There were hundreds of wires attached to her tiny body. She looked so fragile.

"They flushed her system, cleaned her and treated her neck. She has damage to her spinal cord, her airways, her veins, and arteries. They fixed her as best they could. Now she's getting oxygen through a tube. Her voice won't be harmed if she just keeps quiet for a month at best," Miss Andrea tells Seokjin.

Just then Jihiro's grandmother barges in the room and tears up, seeing her daughter. Seokjin decided to take his leave and go tell Ahri about the news. He once again ignored his persistent band members and headed back into Ahri's room.