39. Face The Fear

I sat on my Link chamber, foot in my lap, frowning as I studied the stiffening joints of my toes. Now it reached to four of my toes. There wasn't much on the outside to tell you the toes joints were stiffened, beyond my toes being a touch colder, and the paler skin, all signs of lack of blood flow to my toes.

But that doesn't make sense, because I wouldn't feel my toes if their was a lack of blood flow and I could feel them, just not bend them. I felt along the joints, definitely stiffened, any time I tried to bend them myself caused a burst of pain.

And I just took pain killers, so I don't want to know what that is like without pain killers. I sighed, pulling my sock on and looking up at the dark and quiet trailer. To keep up appearances, I went to the clearing once more, sitting there, glumly staring into the water.

I still held my point that there is nothing chaining me down. But, slowly, I'm not sure what was causing it, but I didn't feel as sure on that anymore. Something... changed, or is changing. I don't know, trying to understand the mind and emotions is tough work.

That why I usually don't try to understand them.

But, I felt that, whatever is happening, I need to understand it.

I shook my head, pulling my combat boot back on and standing. It is becoming harder to hide the fact that I am limping, especially around two scientists. Oddly enough, Trudy has been very quiet.

If I was to describe her actions recently, I would say she is on edge.

But why? I know she went back to Hell's Gate three days ago to stock up on more supplies for the trailer, but that is about it. Her relationship with Norm is going well, as unique as it is. She taught him how to fly the Samson a week ago, Norm taught her to read the computer right. I also think that, when Grace, Jake, and I are in the link chambers, they have 'spent time together'.

So their relationship is going well.

Which is why I was confused about why she was on edge.

I pulled my Field Medic jacket on, running my thumb over the ironed symbol, feeling the stitches in it, thinking. I sighed, blinking heavily. Sleep, right, sleep is needed.

Especially since this pain killer last only 10 hours, slowly fading over time. To say I am not becoming insomniac would be like saying I eat full meals of algae food. Because, sadly, I kind of am. I walked into the other trailer, seeing the others sleeping. Other's meaning Norm and Trudy. Grace and Jake were dropped off at Hell's gate yesterday, Grace wanted to review some samples she collected and I wanted to stay here.

So negotiated that Norm, Trudy, and I stay at the trailer for three more nights and then close the trailer up, take the rations back with us to base. Oddly, Grace seemed pretty eager for that. I'm gonna miss being more... relaxed, this trailer was a way of getting away from it all. But, I can't keep living a dream...

I have wake up eventually.

I sat heavily on my bunk, pulling my book from my duffel under the bed. I still have not seen the other two faces, the two that would probably tell me the part of my quest here is finished. I flipped the book open to the page, the drawing of the two faces. Clearly Na'vi males, you would think them both identical and assume two is actually just one na'vi, but one had a scar of a claw running down his chin, he looked pretty fierce. The other, however, held a softer, more gentle look to his face. Clearly twins. Can Na'vi have twins? You know, that is something I don't know.

I sighed, why do all faces of my Spirit Dream have to seem familiar? I guess it's The Great Mother Eagle's way of making sure those with Spirit Dreams don't fully piece together their Quest, it is a walk of learning, clearly she wants me to learn some other way.