92. Jhake and Neytiri

I tilted my head, staring at Jake, in his human body, with his exopack on and being carried in Neytiri's arms like a baby. I smirked just a touch at the sight, amused, yet also worried. How did Jake end up in his human body? I know I sent the information to that thanator on how to find the trailer and... and I felt it die, but I don't understand how all that happened.

Or how Neytiri recognized Jake in his human form and didn't kill him or something. Maybe it's because of the bond they share? I am unsure. I also wonder what happened to make it to where Jake couldn't go back into the Link. Did the Link catch fire? My eyes widened. Did the trailer take damage? What about mine behind the trailer? Neytiri seemed perfectly fine carrying Jake like a baby, but Jake was hunched down in her arms so as to not be seen, making me smile in amusement.

I heard Tsu'tey grumble, drawing my attention back to him as I shook my head and when back to stitching the bullet wounds shut. Tsu'tey goofily watched me, clearly riding happily on a morphine pain free high. I chuckled under my breath as Tsu'tey once more began mumbling off the most random and shocking facts.

"You very thin, Heti, you know that? I first thought you snap like twig in wind, but you not so much twig anymore." Tsu'tey mumbled as I ducked my head for a moment before looking up once more to continue stitching close, amused by these little unintentional facts that really continue to surprise me and make me wonder....

Did he truly mean it? My heart warmed and sank at that thought as I pushed it away, tying off that stitch as I heard someone approach, still freaked out by the fact that I suddenly can't sense it. I glanced up as I was cleaning the last bullet wound to see Neytiri set Jake down on the ground, Jake looking annoyed yet happy to not be seen by too many people. Neytiri studied Tsu'tey with worry, no doubt seeing the condition he is in.

I winced at the memory of how he was in the clearing, before Eywa healed him. I closed my eyes for a second and took a deep breath. Like he could read my mind, even in his morphine high, his hand settled over mine, offering me comfort as I looked up into his eyes, finding his head tilted, his eyes trying to focus on me, a sign that the morphine might be wearing off. I need to finish these stitches, luckily his leg is already braced with the bone in the right place or else it wouldn't be pleasant.

"Oel ngati kame, brother, you seem to have taken quite the beating." Jake said suddenly as I continued stitching the wound up, Neytiri watching curiously as she sat down close by Jake on the ground. Tsu'tey looked away from me to Jake with dazed eye, frowning in confusion as he stared at Jake like he couldn't figure out why a Sky Person was sitting near him. I ducked my head again to fight the giggles off before looking up at Jake and Neytiri.

"He was in a lot of pain, though he would never admit it." I said, glaring lightly at Tsu'tey as he continued to stare in confusion at Jake, "So I gave him a very small dose of morphine. He was shot four times and has a broken leg so I thought it best to not hear him cursing in Na'vi, or possibly punching me in his pain." I said as I tied off the last stitch, putting away the needle and thread as I cleaned up the bullets. I was aware I did not mention the fact that, originally, he had two more bullets and a sheared off braid, but I don't want many knowing of that fact, it seems to personal and would probably be a hurt to Tsu'tey's pride.

I looked at Jake and decided to voice my worry. "What happened to you? And, please, don't tell me your avatar is dead or something, I think we all have had a bad enough week." I said, gesturing to Trudy's sleeping form, Jake's eyes widening as he spotted her.

"I... I heard her last message, I thought she was dead." Jake said, happy and worried. I frowned as I put away the supplies I used on Tsu'tey's wounds.