87. Daughter of Eywa

I gasped, once more drowning in the onslaught of instincts, except this time Eywa reached out and grabbed me, lifting me up and out of the fray, placing me down among the animals. Instantly I knew what to do as I reached out and touched the Nantang, filling them with the need for survival as well as rage. Their yipping howls filled my mind as they raced off in the direction of the Sky People ground troops.

I approached the 'angtsik and bowed to the large and proud creatures, calming them and sending them into their territorial instincts, sending them off in the direction of the Sky People on the ground as well. I joined in and watched through the eyes of a 'angtsik as they barreled through the trees and into the front lines of the Sky People, the mechs backing up quick as the massive creatures barreled through, tossing their large hammerheads and sending mechs flying. The 'angtsik I was following with my mind was tossing it head against the onslaught of bullets, but I directed it to barrel forward and smash it's large plated head into the mech, sending it flying as it barreled on past.

I stepped back from the 'angtsik and focused on the Nantang, helping direct them for the arms holding guns or for the face, a vicious brutal side of me tried to rise at this, but a fought it away.

"Eywa has heard you!!" I heard a voice echo through the ears of a Nantang as I followed it's direction of curiosity, racing through the trees until I spotted Neytiri, beaten up with alive and alone on the ground. I thought for a second, knowing I didn't want her to die. Then, I felt the powerful and predatory mind of an approaching Palulukan, drawn by the smell of blood. Instantly I left the mind of the Nantang and latched onto the Palulukan female, who roared angrily at the mind intruding in her space.

Convincing Palulukan would take a different tactic than the others. Instead, I filled the Palulukan with the promise of a satisfying hunt, showing how accepting the Na'vi female will hold the promise of more food, which drew the Palulukan in Neytiri's direction. I followed it's line of sight as it dropped down beside Neytiri and roared to announce it's presence before lowering it's head to the ground, venomous teeth no longer bared. I filled the Palulukan with the knowledge of where the trailers were, knowing the battle has gotten too close to them and the Palulukan accepted it before I left it's consciousness, racing into into the skies as I opened my eyes in the form of a Riti, squawking away as I directed it in the side of a fight helicopter, the gunman shouted in shock as hundreds of the little buggers tackled him and pushed him out of the gunship. 

I turned my eyes to the Ikran, most of which Eywa was directing and gathered a small grouping of them, flew them around the Shuttle and realized it is too heavily defended before focusing them on the glass of the front. the Ikran tried their best, scratching and clawing at the glass but to no avail.

I was horrified to feel as the creatures around me, fighting, died. I felt their final breaths, their last thoughts, and it nearly broke me as I worked to do what I could to save The Tree of Souls.

"Valkerie 1-6, this is Dragon, press to Target." I heard Quaritch say through the strong ears of one particular Ikran trying to break the glass, merely scratching at it.

"Copy, pressing to target. Stand by to drop, 30 seconds." I heard the pilots say, drawing my attention back from Eywa.

I opened my eyes in my body, aware of the children crying in fear as I looked up to see the Shuttle overhead. My heart filled with anger and rage.

"Go, my child, save The People." I heard Eywa say before I disconnected my queue and raced around the tree, Mo'at looking away from The Shuttle overhead and at me with wide eyes, but I was focused.

I can do this.

I stopped in clear view of the Shuttle overhead, seeing Jake on Toruk flying up behind the Shuttle but he is going to need some help. So I crouched, spreading my hand out along the dirt, tail flicking as I stared up and focused. Like the time I did so before, I felt myself, and all that I am, race through the roots of the ground and not Eywa.