95. The Plan

Tsu'tey held onto me tightly for a while longer, till I heard the others stirring and blushed in embarrassment, then he let me go to stand. I looked, face most likely bright purple, to see Neytiri staring at me with one massive bright grin for Jake's head, Jake hilariously cuddled into Neytiri's arm and hugging it. Trudy made me blush even more, her eyes open and awake as she grinned at me and held a thumbs up, smirking.

I winced in disgust as I thought about what she and Norm were doing in the trailer last night, her smirk making me think of the same smirk she wore all morning the first time her and Norm did it. I looked away quickly, sure that I will now be permanently purple in my face. I met Tsu'tey's eye in embarrassment and found him smiling in amusement, yet he still stared at me with the same soft expression that filled me with hope.

I can... I can do this. Tsu'tey believes without a doubt that I can, I need to believe the same, and I need to believe it soon. I looked at Jake, thinking. I knew he needed a Link to lead the Na'vi to seize control of Hell's Gate, and I know Tsu'tey is in no condition to join them. Though he hid it well, I could see his pain from lifting me up and holding me. I'm just glad it didn't pull out any stitches.

A plan began forming in my mind, even as fear filled me. I knew I would have to tell Jake, tell him why I am about to do what I am about to do, and Neytiri, and Trudy... and Norm, and all the Na'vi who will be staying behind here at The Tree of Souls. I took deep breaths, trying to summon my courage as I heard Tsu'tey stand and felt his arm wrap around my back. I looked up at him and decided to tell him my plan.

"Tsu'tey, Jake needs a way to.. erm... enter his Toruk Makto body, I have the only way left. But... I... I can't walk very far in that body, I would... I would pass out before even walking half the distance between us and the others." I said, lightly gesturing towards the close distance between us and Jake and Neytiri, seeing Tsu'tey's eyes crease with worry, but not at me surviving, but at my pain.

I swallowed around my fear as I continued on, "Jake needs to lead the remaining healthy warriors on to secure Hell's Gate, and... and I am going to have to deal with being in my Sky Person body for the rest of the day. How... how about you go.. go up to the trailer." I said, pointing up in the direction it is, "Just a little beyond the first ridge, up next to the cliffs under the trees, where the Nantang love to congregate and hunt. You are... you are going to need a Pa'li, you are in no condition to walk up there yourself." I said, giving him as best of a stern look as I could, "I'll be... I'll  be there waiting for you to arrive." I whispered, shivering as I imagined stepping into that body and feeling the pain I can feel across the Link trying to pull me away from this body.

Tsu'tey frowned as he reached up and cupped my cheek, making me blush once more but I kept my eyes on his.

"You scared, it be painful?" He whispered, staring into my eyes as I gritted my teeth, trying to think of a way to find a loophole around admitting the pain before I realized I will be in that dying body all day and the pain medication I have been taking hardly covers the surface anymore, Tsu'tey will no doubt not leave my side and he will see me in a great deal of pain.

"M...maybe..." I stuttered, unable to give him a yes, knowing it will be. His eyes hardened with determination.

"Stay in this body, talk to Neytiri and Jake on plan, I go get Pa'li and ride for area you speak of, hand talking device? Toruk Makto gave one but I destroy it in falling through trees." Tsu'tey said, holding out his hand for the device as I thought of the one Neytiri still has before unhooking it from around my neck and laying it in Tsu'tey's outstretched hand. I looked up at him, taking a deep breath to hold onto the courage and the belief Tsu'tey has in me, hoping it won't vanish when he leaves.

He shocked me, making me gasp as he pulled me quickly to him with the arm he has around me and pressed his lips to mine with a fierceness and determination I did not expect, my arm stiffened in shock at my side. I heard someone whistle but I ignored it, grasping Tsu'tey's shoulder as I joined in the kiss, giving him all I could, wondering if this might be the last time I see him in this form, and get to kiss him and show him how he makes me feel.