100. Heti The Daughter of Eywa

I listened to the low chant beginning with fear as Tsu'tey carried me around the tree. I didn't try to speak, or say a word to Tsu'tey, too out of breath for words to form. I was afraid I wouldn't make it through this passage. I knew, thought I did not tell Tsu'tey, that the reason I slowly became more out of breath is a terrifying one. I know what it meant, it meant the Cyrosickness had spread that last little bit from my stomach to nearing my lungs. I was out of breath because it was spreading over the area, making it harder to take a deep breath. Without the medication that slows bloodflow, it was only spreading quicker.

But I knew, I knew that in only a few minutes, it would no longer matter. I will either pass on into the voices of Eywa or I will pass through her Eye and return in my avatar. Either way, this is the last moments of Hettie The Spirit Quest Member. I glanced around at the Na'vi bobbing back and forth with their eyes closed, making me dizzy just watching them. I laid my head back on Tsu'tey's shoulder in exhaustion, seeing Jake behind him, carrying my avatar.

The ringing in my bad ear seemed louder as Tsu'tey carefully brushed a hand down my hair.

"Heti, you still there?" Tsu'tey asked, making me look up at him and blink. Well, if this is my last moments of seeing him, I am not disappointed. He looked fierce, even without the Olo'eyktan gear around his neck. Said gear now rested around Jake's neck as the Omaticaya approved. Many were surprised at me, but I was amused to see that none of the Tawkami or Kekunan were surprised by Tsu'tey's actions. Neither were any of the Omaticaya.

I blinked once more as I realized Tsu'tey had spoke, giving a short nod as I struggled to stay awake. I felt lightheaded from the lack of being able to take a deep breath but I held on. Tsu'tey believes in me... I need to believe in myself.

I can do this.

I can do this.

I can do this!

Tsu'tey carefully laid me down on the platform and I was surprised at how soft and comforting it was. I looked up at Tsu'tey, not removing my eyes from his as he knelt down beside me, his eyes level with mine and providing me courage as I did my best to keep my eyes open through the exhaustion. I saw Mo'at stand out of the edge of my eye, the booming beats of Eywa's heartbeat drowning out the sounds of ringing in my ear.

I could feel the thin roots of Eywa climb up my body, tickling but I was to exhausted to even jump at how they ran over my ticklish spots. I didn't remove my eye's from Tsu'tey's and he didn't look away from me. I stared into his large green eyes as he stared with pride back into mine.

Mo'at voice suddenly rang out over the booming beats of Eywa's heartbeat as an oddly comforting feeling filled my whole body, like that last moment before you fall asleep in a warm cozy bed, I wouldn't even twitch a finger if I could, it was so comforting. The pain faded... the aches, sharp pains and soreness faded. The dizziness washed away as Eywa's pounding heartbeat grew louder in my ears.

Yet I still stared at Tsu'tey, committing his eyes to memory as my fear and worries faded away. The comforting feel of Eywa all around me calmed all of my fears.

"Hear us please, All Mother." Mo'at chanted out to the sky as my eyelids fluttered, yet I made my eyes open once more. I faintly heard the gathered Na'vi chant out 'Eywa, help her.' but sounds soon seemed more... distant. I smiled softly, my eyelids fluttering again as I heard a voice singing out such a beautiful tune. It isn't music exactly, just a long soft cry so beautiful it was like a music all of it's own. Somehow I knew it was Eywa calling for my soul to unbind it's ties to this body, the singing cry growing louder along with Eywa's heartbeat.

"Take this spirit of your Daughter into you." I heard Mo'at chant, but it sounded... distant, fry away. The draw to close my eyes became too much.... it was so soft and comforting, I could feel Eywa all around me, soothing my worries, my fear, and my pain. Though barely open eyes, I looked into Tsu'tey's green one once more before closing my eyes.