83. Battle for The Tree of Souls

I sat upon Solros' back, bow in hand, horn quiver full of arrows and face set in pure determination. I looked to my right to see Tsu'tey flying beside me, Jake on Toruk and Neytiri on the farthest side. We took off early this morning to meet Quaritch and his men head on. Scouts reported a large group of fighter helicopters, Samsons, the Dragon and a massive Shuttle flying slowly through the mountains.

We have one massive advantage in these mountains and this is the fact that they will have to do everything manually with the Flux Vortex as it is. They can't have their crazy motion trackers or their fancy automated flight modes. It's also why they can't target The Tree of Souls from a distance. They will have to drop the mining explosives precisely on the tree, which gives us a massive advantage.

I gripped the leather of my bow tighter as I looked back, seeing thousands and thousands of ikran flying through the mountains, the entire Tawkami clan behind me, each of them wearing a quickly made leather quiver holding some arrows after they saw how many I was carrying on my person. The large horn on my back was full to the brim with arrows, moss stuffed into the horn to keep the arrows from flying out. The red fletching arrows, my most deadly arrows, were only partially folded up and hanging by strings I can quickly snap from my bone knife holder. I couldn't fit them in the horn as it was packed full of 30 or so arrows. Luckily the Na'vi made the strings out of some tough stuff, only the speed at which a bow shoots and then hits an object snaps the strings over the arrowhead, so I have no worries of one accidentally blowing up in my horn.

I kept my face carefully blank. Last night proved to be quite the emotional ride. While I did not cry or sob, I knew Tsu'tey was somewhat aware of how much pain I was in emotionally and continued to hold me for a long time till I forced myself to step away and finish putting the arrows together. Even then, Tsu'tey sat close beside and did not move, nor did he comment on how my eyes were a little red from the emotions I went though.

Neither of us spoke a word till dawn came and the scouts reported in.

I looked down and behind Solros' tail at The Tree of Souls, where Mo'at, the children, and the families and older Na'vi sat around the tree. Ca'lil hugged tightly onto my leg before I got onto Solros' back. I hated not giving her any parting words, but I would rather not make her worry so I merely smiled at her before we took off.

I looked across at Jake once more to see Tsu'tey rising his bow slightly to Jake, letting him know that he would follow Jake's words. Norm handed me a neck device he and Trudy put together, which only required for me to hit a single button to talk, Jake controlled the rest, thank goodness. I hid it under my seashells to have it at the ready.

Jake's plan, or what I heard of it from Norm before Norm joined the plain's clan's on the ground, is that we hide up in the higher mountains and wait for the tight knit group to pass below and catch them by surprise as we plummet down on them. Trudy was waiting somewhere on top of the mountains we are aiming for, plenty of Na'vi had fun painting her Samson, Rogue-1, blue and white to show her change of allegiance.

Also to prevent the Na'vi from accidentally attacking her Samson, so they made the colors stand out a lot.

Jake's plan isn't bad, the quicker we catch them by surprise and break up the grouping, the quicker we can push them away from The Tree of Souls. The plains clan's on the ground are going to have a harder time, as the suits on the ground will be able to detect their movements far before they reach them, no matter the Flux Vortex. I can only hope my advice to them proves useful.

Solros released a low, worried sound under me. He has been quiet since I connected my queue with his antenna and detected my sudden change in mood. I was completely focused and determined, my emotions low and somber from the pain I rode through last night, the emotions I forced away and Tsu'tey hugging me brought to the surface.