68. The Mind, The Heart, The Soul

I stumbled through the second airlock into my trailer, walking quickly to the table first to take my concoction of pain reliever, sighing as it started taking affect, stopping the pain in my leg and stomach. I looked over at The Link Chamber before starting it up as Grace taught me repeatedly, the Link powering up as I hopped in, pulling the lid overhead and closing my eyes, falling back through the swirl of colors...

I blinked open my eyes, wincing as my eyes burned like I got ash into them, closing my eyes tight for a moment, doing my best to orient myself. I could feel a faint, throbbing pain on top of my head, probably the concussion I got three days ago.

Has it really been three days? It's feel like three unbearable weeks. My arm, though, did not hurt and neither did my back, so I guess those wounds healed? Back in my avatar body, I felt less panic and fear, but plenty of worry. My chest still felt like something vital was ripped out...

Falrar...

I pushed that thought away quickly, hearing a worried moaning like sound next to me, which I recognized as the only other that holds part of my soul. Solros. I blinked opened my eyes once more, focusing on Solros, seeing him leaned down over me, a single large yellow eye studying me, blue lines down his fin light the white and blue stripes of his colors on the darkened sky, the last says of the sun starting to vanish.

"Hey... Solros." I said, smiling as I reached up, patting Solros' head fin, frowning at the bandages around my hand. How did that happen?

"The children you save, they wrap hand you held out to try to save Teller." I heard a very familiar male voice say. I looked away from my wrapped hand to see Tsu'tey kneeling on the edge of the rock, a small platform slightly above The Tree of Souls.  I looked around, feeling a touch disoriented, not used to being moved while I wasn't aware of it. I could see tons of ikran roosting all around the ring of rock around The Tree of Souls on small platforms just like the one Solros and I are on.

I guess my confusion was evident, I was curious as to how I got onto this platform of rock, since Tsu'tey answered my unspoken question.

"Solros, he carried you up here after Jakesully arrived on Toruk. Very protective, your White Foot. He growled at Toruk whole time Toruk was eyeing him, would not let any but children near you." Tsu'tey said, making me double take, my eyes widening.

"He rode Toruk?!" I said in shock, Tsu'tey smirking before pointing over the edge. I followed his line of sight to stare at the largest flying creature I have ever seen. The large creature had it's long neck under one wing, massive breathing holes on his chest breathing in and out. The shear scale of this creature... the orange coloration with black stripes reminded me strongly of the old painting of Tigers back on Earth. Seeing a picture of a Toruk and seeing it in person are two completely different things. Toruk reminds me of Solros in ways, except Solros is smaller than Toruk, but bigger than Ikran. Toruk doesn't have a tail like Ikran and Solros does, but past that their wings share a lot of similarities, except for Solros' being much sleeker for speed.

I looked at Tsu'tey for the first time and felt a pang of deep pain in my heart, seeing the Olo'eyktan gear around his neck, the bow clenched in his fist. This image was one I knew well, this is a point of my Spirit Quest. I remember this exact likeness in that dream.  I looked away from Tsu'tey, paying attention to Solros.

"Thank you, Solros, for protecting me." I said, putting my head against Solros' to settle my mess of emotions, Solros making a small, worried sound, which made me smile as I pulled back, patting Solros' head fin.

"I'm glad you made it out okay." I said sadly, shaking my head to get rid of thoughts of Falrar's pained cry on repeat in my mind. I looked at Tsu'tey, who had turned to look out over the circular ring around The Tree of Souls as I stood and crouched down beside him, placing my hand on the edge of the ridge as I stared at the depressingly low numbers of Omaticaya sitting, sleeping, crying or singing out to Eywa over heavily injured Na'vi. I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath because of the screams and cries from within Hometree that still ring loudly in my mind.