Chapter 2

I waited until everyone rushed through those gates to start walking into that entrance exam. As I walked, I noticed the guy, who had explained everything, standing there. He looked at me as if I was crazy for not getting a head start, but I didn't react to it. If I did, then everyone would know I was throwing away my shot at getting into U.A.

It might seem a bit odd for someone to throw away their shot in getting into a school to become the next top hero. I mean, being a hero is something everyone wants to be, especially my little brother, Ollie. The thing was I didn't want to be a hero. While a simple answer would be to not apply to this school, I had a lot of pressure from my family to do this. After all, the last thing I needed was my mom to lecture me about not trying my hardest. I had to get straight A's in school. Anything less than perfect wasn't acceptable. While I knew U.A. would send the results to my family, I could always make the excuse that the others were just too powerful, that my Quirk just wasn't good enough.

For right now, I just needed to play that role.

It was not a surprise that this was what the inside of the entrance exam looked like. It was an exact replica of Mustafu, Japan. Buildings towered over me while the streets had occasional cars parked on the curb. I kept to the side of a sidewalk, looking around at this stimulation.

U.A. promised that it would become the school for the best of the best. They wanted people to experience what it was like to be a hero before they were thrown in the field. I mean, they weren't wrong. That was how it should be for every job.

All I had to do was walk around and run away from all these "villains". If I would run, people wouldn't see me as a threat.

That was one thing the man who explained the rules told us. We could do anything to get these villains down, whether that was using our Quirks, teaming up with other participants, or even tearing others down. There were no rules when it came to how we could tear down these "villains." All we had to do was stop them.

So many things could go wrong with this no rules on taking down these "villains."

I turned down one of the streets, finding a good number of two and three point "villains" standing there. Those were "villains" that were harder to take down, but all they really were were gigantic chunks of green metal with four limbs that helped them moved. There were small cameras that were attached that looked like eyes. They even glowed red when they looked at someone.

There was no doubt in my mind that the people grading us were watching us through those "villains." If I wanted to avoid any questions, I would just need to keep dodging them. Luckily, there was a good group of people fighting them to the best of their abilities. Whether it was a kid sprouting wings from his back to give him an aerial view to kick a "villain" down or a girl shooting fire from her hands to melt the "villains" into crisp, they were all doing their best to gain as many points as they could.

While they did, I ran the other way.

That was how things went. I ran down different streets, dodging every "villain" that I could. That would be my excuse for not gaining any points. If anyone would ask, I would just lie and say that I couldn't find any and when I did, they were already taken down. That excuse would even work with the kind of Quirk I had.

My Quirk isn't anything special either, at least, not for this kind of simulation. It's not like I could've flown around to see overhead where these "villains" were coming from, nor did I have super speed to dart to the closest one. My Quirk wasn't meant to be combative, but I still found it more useful than those kinds of Quirks.

"Five more minutes!" a voice boomed overhead.

I smiled. We were about halfway done. We only had ten minutes to take down as many "villains" as we could. Seeing that I made it this far without having to worry about them, I would be fine.