Chapter 13

When we were given the student handbook about what to expect when coming into U.A. High, we were promised that there was absolutely no way that a villain could make their way inside, even the most trained one. The walls outside the building should've been enough as it would've given a silent alarm, one that would've alerted the teachers to get students to safety. If it happened during lunch time when there wasn't any teacher supervision, teachers would've found a way to get to every student to make sure they got into a designated "safe spot."

These safe spots guaranteed student safety. Of course, while students were there, the teachers would fight off the villains until police came to arrest them.

This wasn't the silent alarm. Somehow, a villain, or more for all I knew, had snuck their way inside of U.A. When this happened, all students had to be careful because we weren't ready to take on villains. At least, we weren't ready yet, our teachers would claim. We weren't allowed to play "hero" until we got our hero license. Even then, we had to be careful as "we were the future heroes of this world".

Of course, Kaito and I had to have been stuck in the library, which was still pretty far from the nearest safe room. They really should've rethought how they built this in case something like this would've happened.

"Tami, it's going to be okay. We'll work this out together, no worries. If we encounter any villains, I'll get them long ranged, you can turn into someone else when they're not looking and run away," Kaito planned.

He didn't say it directly, but I could tell what he was thinking. Everyone thought my Quirk was neat, but when it came down to something like this, something where we needed to fight off villains, I was absolutely worthless. If there were villains here, I couldn't really do anything. I had to rely on someone else in order to get to the other side of the school to go into the safe room.

There had to have been a better way for this to work.

"Hey, it's going to be okay," Kaito promised as he stood in front of me, placing a hand on my shoulder and handed the book back to me. "That's worst case scenario, got it? Best case scenario, we won't encounter anyone."

I slowly nodded my head as I took a step back, so he wasn't touching me. My hands wrapped around the book I found, holding it close to my chest. It didn't have anything to do with our project, but for the mere fact that I was terrified.

We'd only been in school for a month and someone had already made it past the silent alarm and into the building. How was this school safe? How could any great hero come from here? There couldn't be, not if we died before anyone had the chance of getting their hero license.

Oh gosh, we were the first students, and we were all going to die!

"Tami, calm down. Standing here, doing nothing, isn't going to help. We've got to go to the safe—"

Kaito didn't finish his sentence as we heard a door open. Our heads snapped over towards the railing on the second floor. There was only one door to this place. That was on the first floor. Without it, there was no way in or out of here.

No one should've been coming here if we were all meant to go to the safe place. That only meant one thing. I held my breath as I followed Kaito to the railing on the second floor. My hands grabbed the railing as I leaned over to see who was there while Kaito did the same.

For a while, I couldn't see anyone down there, which made me wonder if we were just hearing things. My eyes locked onto a computer that was shoved to a far wall below, where a pile of books sat with a U.A. blazer laying on top of it. It was then I remembered that Michi was here too, looking something up on the computer. Maybe that was what the noise was from. She was pretty smart in knowing that she'd have to get into the safe room as soon as she could.