Important Warning: Please Read before Reading

Hello again! Thank you all so much for reading I'm No Hero. Before we can get to the first chapter, I figured it is good to point out a commonly asked question and give out some warnings, so no one is shocked when certain scenes come up.

Timeline

This story takes place BEFORE BNHA. Deku, Uravity, All-Might, Aizawa, and all of those lovable characters in the fandom haven't even been born yet.

No need to worry though. Most of my characters do have traits of these lovable characters. The main character is socially awkward, kind of like how Midoriya is at the beginning. I have a character who is like a mix between Todoroki and Bakagou and another who reminds people of Kaminari/Kirishima (honestly, I can't remember which character it was the reader compared my OC to, but it was one of those). Some of these was just accidental while others were somewhat on purpose, but the point of the matter is that while this story doesn't have the lovable characters, there will still be a BNHA quality to this.

Why did I do this? Because I am not great at writing canon characters, but I love the world of BNHA that when this idea came into my head, I still went with it.

How far ahead is this compared to BNHA? I'd say quite a few years. The One-For-All and All-For-One Quirks are just becoming a thing. Maybe they are on their second or third user at this time, but that's really just small detail stuff that isn't really touched upon. U.A. is just opening up for the first time, so we get to see how certain aspects of the school came to be. And so on and so forth.

So yes, you will not be seeing the lovable characters of BNHA, but please understand that is because this storyline wouldn't have made sense otherwise and that I'm better at writing lovable OC's than I am writing the wonderful canon characters.

Trigger Warnings

One of my characters has anxiety. I've researched it, based it on what I know, and all that good stuff to make it as accurate as possible. While I try to tone it down every once in a while, this character does have (what I call) a ton of thought spirals, which may be triggering to those who have the same mental disorder or can be too much at times for certain viewers. Please, tread with caution.

And please, don't make fun of my girl for having anxiety. It's very disrespectful and rude, and might I add, it's not very plus ultra of you.

In addition to this, there are multiple fight scenes. Chapter 36 has blood, that may be too much for some readers. One of the arcs is about a kidnapping, that can be terrifying for certain readers as well. Again, please tread with caution. If you need to stop reading due to content, please do so so that you all can sleep at night. Trust me, some of these arcs/characters have given me actual nightmares, so I completely understand if a break is needed.

Inclusiveness

I am a strong believer that different races, sexualities, cultures, etc etc, should be included in a book and normalized. This book, for instance, touches up on American, Japanese, and Mexican Culture, Anxiety, and much more. Please note, I am no expert on any of this stuff. I can say I know a bit about the American culture because I am American, know limited Spanish from my high school Spanish classes, and know a bit about anxiety. That does not mean I will portray any of these perfectly, and I do not mean to offend anyone. If something is portrayed wrong (for instance, let's say I translated something wrong in Spanish) please feel free to correct me. I am only human, and I tend to make mistakes. Despite being human, I do want to portray things as accurately as possible.

In addition to this, please read this story with an open mind. I will no longer tolerate readers who will purposefully make fun of characters because that is wrong. I stand on the safe side of Wattpad that is accepting of all people, so if you have a problem with that, and do not want to read a book that is accepting of all people, then I suggest you look elsewhere or keep your comments to a minimum. It is my goal to make everyone feel safe, feel welcome, and all that good warm-fuzzy good stuff.

And Finally

Thank you again for giving I'm No Hero a chance. Words cannot express how happy I am that you decided to open up this book and give it a read. I truly do hope you enjoy it. If not, I get it. An all OC-cast BNHA story is not for everyone, and I hope you can find the story that you want to read somewhere on Wattpad.

But, for those of you who do enjoy, please feel free to comment, vote, and all that good stuff. I will try to respond to as many as your comments as possible just because I'm grateful when readers comment. If you don't want to comment, vote, whatever, that's cool too. It's whatever you all feel comfortable doing and all that good stuff. I just hope you all enjoy it.

So, without further ado, here is the first chapter of I'm No Hero. Have fun!