Chapter 10

My fingers started to tap on top of my desk as we all waited for Mr. Elastic to calculate our results. The only thing I could hear was someone clicking their pen as we all anxiously waited. Besides that, the room was silent. It was so quiet that you could hear when people shifted uncomfortably in their seats, waiting. All we could do was wait.

I turned to look at Yamamoto, who sat one row over and three seats ahead of me. He didn't look angry anymore. If anything, he looked like the most relaxed person in the room. His head fell on top of his arms, covering his face. His dark brown hair fell in front of him and onto the top of his desk. The students around him would look to see if he was still awake, but no one dared to say a word to him.

Honestly, I didn't blame any of them.

Sakura, who sat in front of him in the very front of the classroom, seemed a bit more on edge. Even though I sat far away from her, I could tell she was fighting the cold she had due to overusing her Quirk. There was a pile of clean tissues sitting in one corner of her desk, and a pile of used ones in the other corner. It didn't seem to do a thing as she kept wiping her nose and silencing whatever noise would follow. When she wasn't doing that, she was rubbing her eyes.

As miserable as she looked, I knew she was feeling two times worse than that.

"Okay class," Mr. Elastic said as he stood up from his desk. Everyone's head snapped up to look at him, eager to hear what he had to say. As he looked at each and every one of us, I felt my stomach tightened, worried about what these results would be. "After evaluating everyone's scores, I've decided that you're all going to stay in the same ranks as you were given. Don't let that discourage you, as the real test will come at the very end of your time here at U.A. when you take the final exams to become a hero."

A sigh of relief escaped my lips, and luckily, no one heard it. No one heard it as they all started to whisper to one another. I leaned back in my seat, trying not to be seen by anyone or overhear what they had to say. I didn't really care. I was still ranked number twenty and that was a good number to be at.

If I were to fail, it wouldn't be a surprise. A higher ranking would've been more of a shock, but at least now, I would be able to slip out of the class like an old memory. All I'd have to do is make sure that I stayed in this rank, not improving much in any of my hero classes. Eventually, I could fail my hero classes that there'd be no way they'd even consider keeping me in this class. They'd have to kick me out, or maybe I could fail a huge test like the midterm or something.

Either way, I would be out of here in time to transfer schools. In the meantime, I just had to think as to what I wanted to do with my life and deal with these classes.

Well, that and figure out some way to survive my classes.

Yamamoto's hand shot up in the air. He didn't even wait for Mr. Elastic to call on him as he vocaled everyone's number one question in a very harsh way. "You can't be serious. My group won. Hell, we worked harder than other groups! How is it our ranking stayed the same?"

Everyone quieted down at his remark and snapped their attention to Mr. Elastic. Our teacher was still standing behind his desk, staring at Yamamoto in disbelief. To be honest, I was a bit shocked that Yamamoto would actually say something about it, but I didn't say a word. Not that I could have said something. I mean, the only person who could've talked in that moment was Mr. Elastic. He was the teacher after all.

But he wasn't the one to speak up. The silence must've been too much for Yamamoto who stood up at his desk, slapping his hands on top of it. Everyone flinched at the sound, staring at him in fear.

"Smith and I were able to complete the exam, yet we are the only ones who completed it who didn't move up above our opponents. The other groups, the higher ranked students won, but we out-smarted higher ranks. How is it that those Go twins get to stay ranked six and seven, but I'm stuck at number thirteen? If anything, I should've been moved up!" Yamamoto complained.